MOC Dump Pt2--System

A follow-up from Part 1, posted in BBC.

Anyway, these are just some of the many things I've been cooking up over the last few weeks. Nothing overly special, but still fun to work on, nonetheless. :)

(Fair warning--the gunner mech is the highlight of the first category, so just bear with me. :P )

Mechs--I started with the Gunner mech. I just wanted to build something that looked like a potential LEGO set, taking inspiration from many of the Exo-Force sets. The later two were modeled heavily after the Hulkbuster figure, using the same opening-hatch technique as the set. My brother and I have been big on Super Smash Bros 4 lately, so after building the gunner-style mech, he insisted that I model the next two after the the Mii Fighter classes (Gunner, Brawler, Swordfighter). 

Group Shot

Gunner--I'm rather proud of this one. Of the three mechs, it is by far my favorite.

Open hatch.

Brawler--Again, modeled after the Hulkbuster, but taller, and without a lot of the flashy bits. Much more compact and flexible than the set. The minifig also sits higher, so their face isn't getting crushed by the machine.

Open hatch

Swordfighter--This one was specially requested by my brother. The hatch was designed more closely to the Hulkbuster's, but the legs and arms received the biggest upgrade. The trick was attaching the sword, but my brother said to just leave it simple (he doesn't like overly complex figures for some reason).

Hatch down

Back

Mask Stands--Self explanatory. :P

Group shot

Fire Shrine--(special thanks to Kakaru for the trans-clear Mask ;) ) I needed a way to display all three of Tahu's special masks, so I pulled out the parts-bag I'd gotten at BricksCascade, and threw this together. Something lava-y with rocks holding the masks. Nothing big, but showy all the same. :)

Basic shrine--Now, this one is really simple, and I've seen others put up pictures of something like it. However, I'd never actually seen how they connected the mask, so I'm showing you how I did mine, just for the heck of it. :)

Floating Pedestals--Not sure what inspired this, but I decided to just go with it. I prefer the Kraahkan one, honestly, but the Kakama works, too (has to--my favorite mask :) ). The KRaahkan one is supposed to be an upgraded version of the shrine dedicated to the Alt. Teridax character that supposedly died at the end of my first season. 

Back--No, they're not supposed to look good from back here. :P

Thrones--After seeing the SDCC-exclusive Ultron's Throne, my cousin, Meyres the Anchorman, and I decided to try our hands at minifig-sized furniture. :P These were my attempts, while he eventually decided to go on a much larger scale. His throne will be featured in his comic series, The HUNA Report, at some point.

Chitauri seated

Empty

Back

Raven Legend Beast--I was disappointed that Razar and his Legend Beast companion didn't receive a set appearance, so I opted to make my own. Heavily modeled after the Eagle Legend, I did change up the head style a little, as I was having trouble with the beak.

Back--retains a gap for the Minifig to stand

Roc--One of my favorite mythical beasts. :) In the Shannara series by Terry Brooks, these creatures serve as mounts and companions to a group of elves. Rocs are generally a massive bird of prey, very dark in color. I kept the dark colors of Black, grey, and brown, but made the dominant color to be dark blue, as I had a bunch of those blue wing pieces available. It's a good deal larger than the Raven or Eagle Legend Beasts, and cannot seat a minifig (I might fix that, though. ;) ).

Front

Back

Wing connection--Unlike the Legend Beasts, all six wing/feathers are connected to a single hinge joint, allowing for the entire wing to flap, while allowing for the feathers to be positioned in different postures.

His majestic head. :P

Yay, you've made it! One more MOC! I promise. :)

Sonic Screwdriver--Yes, that thing The Doctor uses. But this one's mine. Took a long time to finish this one. Lot of tweaking and switching out of parts. Yeah. Proud of it, though. :)

In hand

Tip

There you have it! No more from me until I build new stuff. :P

Comments? Criticism? Cake?

Edited by T1Shadow: The Artisan

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~