How nostalgic is Bionicle to you?

I got hooked on it because of my cousin and that was back in '04. I would say the level of nostalgia...is OVER 9000!!!! 

But seriously, Bionicle ranked among my childhood interests, carrying way more weight than any other toy line. I have more Bionicles than I do Dinosaurs, Power Rangers, and pirates combined. Bionicle also was a longer interest: I was immensely into it for 3 years with undying loyalty and interest (as opposed to on-off stints with dinos, 1.5 seasons of Power Rangers, and 2 years of pirates). After the Winter '08 line, I just lost interest. Looking back, I think I just didn't like the direction it was going; I had stopped following the story by that point, and the sets just weren't as cool to me as the preceding two...The lack of a movie during those years also probably led to my waning interest, but 2015 is giving me an opportunity I always longed for: I can actually enjoy the experience of Bionicle beginning and following the full story line this time around. I'm really happy with it for that reason alone.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

My first set, Maku, came with a happy meal way back in 2001. It's hard to believe that an eight-piece promotional set caused me to become addicted to the Bionicle line for years to come. Not even my love for Halo matches how crazy I was over OG Bionicle.

That's not to say G2 isn't great. While some design and piece choices are questionable, G2 seems to be doing a good job so far. But the lack of a nostalgia factor will always make it feel different from G1.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

Bionicle is very nostalgic to me. I never got into the story until about 2012-2013, which kinda sucks. My first Bionicle set(Well, 2 sets) were Vakama Hordika and Visorak Vohtarak. I always loved those sets. I had Legeneds of Metru Nui and watched it religiously. Point is, I was around since 2005, but had System as a priority. Now, it's Bionicle for me ^_^

I'm currently in the process of rewriting G2. PM me if interested.

Feel free to follow the blog! (https://spiritofokoto.tumblr.com/)

Yeah, a decent amount. BIONICLE was a huge part of my childhood, and actually after it ended I went through a particularly bad period in my life (not because of it ending exactly, more so life developments) and so I look back on all of that very fondly. The leaks of the new sets and the confirmation of new BIONICLE is one of the things that helped me get through last year without any lasting damage, and so I feel like some day I'll really come to appreciate G2 all the same as G1. Of course, you don't feel exactly the same as time goes on, and while I didn't feel exactly the same buying the new sets (although I probably looked as thrilled, carrying a stack of BIONICLE boxes) but new memories are neat, and when I'm older I'm sure I'll fondly look back on these sets and all of the hype they gave me.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

• 3 weeks later...

Very nostalgic. Bionicle's been in my life since I was 5. Though, it hasn't 'aged' well. When the 2015 sets came out, I was like: "Awesome!". But I didn't feel an overwhelming childhood rush.

I guess Hero Factory just ruined the Constraction genre for me.  :dazed:  :uhuh:  

I'm mostly the same. I was young, I believe around 7 when it came out, I and stuck with it all the way to the end in 2011, collecting everything. Hero Factory failed to catch my attention after the animal theme, and I all but moved on, BIONICLE having little influence in my teen/adult life. When I learned it came back, I was extremely excited, but then I learned it was a reboot, and that nixed some of my enthusiasm. The new construction system is okay, and this reboot definitely improved upon the HF sets in my opinion. However, I too, have not felt that overwhelming need to collect them all, nor am I super obsessed with them. When I used to see the new sets come out, it was an amazing time for me. Some may point out that I no longer get obsessed or as excited as I use to simply because I am older, and that is not the case. I am a collector of some other toy lines, a fan of which I became due to the significant emptiness BIONICLE left when everything ended, and I very much get that feeling that I used to get when their new products are leaked for the first time. BIONICLE has had a great impact on my life, very likely my collecting every set back then has made me into the toy collector I am today. I love BIONICLE, it has shaped me, and I am very much nostalgic for it. Alas, I think the time has come for other little kids to have that same feeling that I used to get, for the years to be defined by when the sets were coming out, and to remember distinctly certain things from the past, because you couldn't wait to run home after school and go to the toy store, or checked the Lego site everyday to see if the new sets had been posted. I just hope this new generation can be the same thing for the kids of today, that it was for us kids back then. Will they look back with the same nostalgia 10 years from now? I hope so.  

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Practically my entire childhood was spent rummaging through buckets of Bionicle parts. The story and the sets both in inspired me in a lot of ways, and I think it's a part of me I'm never going to be able to fully let go of. 

I still tend to cop a lot of flak from my brothers about it: "you're eighteen now, grow up already", but for better or worse, Bionicle really had a massive influence on shaping me into the person I am today. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Is Bionicle a nostalgiac thing for me?

I am a history guy, and many times I see years or several numbers and can be reminded of historical facts and events that transpired. For the first decade of this century and millenium, I will always look at one of those years and be reminded of Bionicle's story and sometimes the sets as well. The fact that that happens kind of says something about it's nostalgic value to me.

When I see 2007 and 2008, I don't automatically think of the beginning of the Great Recession or stuff with the country of Georgia, I think of: the Great Spirit is about to die, and all that stands in the way is mutated fish-people warlords from ancient times fighting for restoration; and later on the Makuta, the equivalent of ancient dark lords and wizards, invading Karda-Nui, a battle in the skies as time is still on the clock and the finale with the grand poo-bah of evil gaining a divine throne. The center of these two years being the Mask of Life, people fighting for it and a greater cause while in the real world people were becoming desperate.

Another example: 2003, The Invasion of Afghanistan? Nah man, the Seventh Toa hath cometh! It's just what pops in my head first. :P Bionicle wouldn't have been important if that wasn't the case, with how my head works 'n all.

On a separate note, Bionicle is far from being my main obsession. It is now one of my side hobbies while I get involved in other things, like Elder Scrolls, other video games, social studies, and cartoons. :P There is room for other things.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

My bionicle npstalgia is for mem when I got my first set, which was the original Toa Tahu. I was three when I got it.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png