Corpus Rahkshi MOCs

Okay then, so, before I post any MOCs, let me just get something out of the way; these are all MOCs I've done, in LDD, with no connection to Johnrahk's amazing Corpus MOCs other than the inspiration to do this.
Anyway.

These are all characters from Corpus Rahkshi, over in the BRPG forum, so, yes they're all Rahkshi, but no, they aren't all the same, and before anyone asks, I used LDD-to-POV-Ray to render the models.

Rider, played by Agent Epsilon

YMXb6Ge.png

Well, here we have Rider. Rider's a Rahkshi of Rahi Control, who is perpetually covered in a camo-pattern which I tried to recreate in LDD, but didn't really happen other than the colour blocks. Rider is currently insane, after one of his best friends, Raptor, died on an assignment and another Rahkshi, called Blitz, discovered this and basically turned himself into Raptor. As you can probably guess, seeing his friend who Rider had seen die was quite a shock for him. The Ussal crab next to Rider is his pet, Claws.

Mu, played by Miras the Omniscient

Nza13Nw.png

Yay for Mu! Mu is one of the members of the Omega family, a group of Rahkshi spawned from Bitil whose names are all Greek letters. Mu is no exception to this. If we're looking at "family roles", Mu is the annoying little brother; he idolises Omega, having painted himself in an identical colour scheme to him, and has even modelled his own personality after his older brother. Thankfully for Mu, he doesn't know that Omega's dead yet. (The weapons are spoons; don't ask why.)

Lucid, played by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

CT7LYx7.png

Well then, here's my version of Lucid. Before anyone says anything about the colourscheme, I did not choose it; Lucid is the technicolour dreamrahk, which therefore involves a rainbow colour scheme and generally having her head stuck in the metaphorical clouds. The ring on her hand has the power to send another being into a shared ream with Lucid, who can control all aspects of the dreamscape. My personal favourite part about Lucid is the spines.

Sepulchral, played by Dark_Stranger

j2DHcyd.png

So, this is Sepulchral. One of Bitil's spawn, he has most of the same personality aspects, being ambitious whilst insecure. He also, as his name implies, has an impressive vocabulary, although likely not as impressive as Recherche's. The inspiration behind my decision to build Sepulchral was sort of as to say "sorry" to Dark_Stranger for almost killing Sepulchral in an unpleasant fight during which my character, Malady, was stabbed in the head with a chisel and she managed to choke Sepulchral unconscious, before dropkicking his Kraata out of a window. Yikes. So, Dark_Stranger, if you're reading this, there you go; I am sorry for nearly killing Sepulchral! :D

Malady, played by Miras the Omniscient

SnaHPam.png

Talking about Malady, here she is. She's my only actively-evil-aligned Rahkshi in the game, which is somewhat surprising for me, at least. Anyway. Malady's character is essentially based off of a snake (Thus the colours) all the way up to her variation, which is Poison. The weapon she has in her left hand is an attempt at making a Rhotuka launcher in LDD and failing, but whatever. The reason that Malady's feet are brick-built is because I needed smallish feet which had three toes, which you can't get with non-custom feet. I was really trying to push for the snakey feel here, with the longer limbs, the slightly hunched appearance and so on.

Fior, played by OLISI

BHdG2kH.png

So, this is Fior, formerly known as Raith. Fior used to be the archetypical unthinking, Makuta-obedient Rahkshi, but after a character-development heavy dream/coma thing (Aka inactivity) her character changed massively, prompting a name change from Raith to Fior. I actually built this IRL before translating it over to LDD, so the construction here is probably far more stable than most the other MOCs here. :P Fior's current weapon shown here is a Rahkshi staff that can shoot heat and bolts of fragmentation, thus the pieces I chose for it. 

Grim, played by Chumpu

LPN5pPX.png

This particular Rahkshi is Grim, a fairly recent arrival to the school. A Rahkshi of Adaptation and one of Gorast's Rahkshi, Grim is unfailingly loyal to the Makuta, and is currently leading a massacre of the Matoran village of Phantom-on-the-Water, the headquarters of the Nynrah Ghosts, in revenge for multiple instances of Rahkshi from the school having been attacked by the Ghosts. Grim was probably my favourite to build out of all of these, since the challenge was to build a Rahkshi with far more armour plating than others, which is why he's also a load taller than anyone else.

Holistic, played by Daniel the Dwarf

Ck4G233.png

This here is Holistic, a Rahkshi of Limited Invulnerability. Like most of the others here, Holistic is a fairly new arrival at Corpus Rahkshi. An existential nihilist, Holistic is cynical and outwardly emotionless, and despises art. I don't actually have much to say about Holistic's construction, other than how I attempted to replicate some of my other Rahkshi torso designs but on a smaller scale by using the smallest CCBS torso in the hips, which I think worked out okay.

Char, played by Click

9HL5ABK.png

Here's Char. A Rahkshi of Ice Resistance, she's Hoto's sister and just generally... isn't a nice person. Loyal to the Makuta, Char has somewhat of a talent for manipulation of other Rahkshi, although so far the only one that she has successfully been able to influence is Shield, who has now left the school as part of the Rebellion. Char's current weapons are a pair of flare guns. (Thanks for the design, Click!) The most enjoyable bit about this was undeniably building a chubby Rahkshi. Obviously, Char isn't as fat as Flabbergaster, but the whole chubbiness thing still stands, and I'm quite pleased with how it came out. The yellow is also pretty much bang-on, seeing as her profile describes it as being painful to look at, and my eyes hurt, so yeah. :P

Comments and criticism are welcome! :D All of the deeplinked images here link to the full-size pictures on Imgur. Thanks for taking the time to come and look at these! 

• Upvote 3

VBWj75sh.png

I love Clawz, it looks so goofy with those mixel eyes. 

Mu's hammers are a little bit weird, they look like broken toilets to me. 

You did a better job with all those technicolors than Sergei did since it looks more organized and less like an MOC made with limited parts. 

I think the Rhokuta launcher should've been built differently and attached to the wrist, but that's just my opinion. 

Grim's mace should have a thinner pole since it looks like the hilt is skinny while the rest of the weapon is larger and heavier in comparision.

Holistic's weapon is kind of simple. That's all I can say about it. 

I like Char's guns, they're simply built, but look good. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I love Clawz, it looks so goofy with those mixel eyes. 

Thanks! :P Ussals look so boring with normal eyes, which is why I used them. (Even though Dane's already changed them to black in his copy of the lxf file :P)

Mu's hammers are a little bit weird, they look like broken toilets to me. 

Like I said in the post... they're spoons. Not hammers. Spoons.

You did a better job with all those technicolors than Sergei did since it looks more organized and less like an MOC made with limited parts. 

Thanks! :D I did the whole thing working in a sequence of colours, so one part would be red, for example, then the next would be another colour and so on, repeating the sequence.

I think the Rhokuta launcher should've been built differently and attached to the wrist, but that's just my opinion. 

Rhotuka are stupidly difficult to build in LDD since the pieces are so specialized, but I see what you mean. As for attaching it to the wrist, it's an artificial launcher; without some suit modification, Malady wouldn't be able to fire it if it was attached there, so yeah.

Grim's mace should have a thinner pole since it looks like the hilt is skinny while the rest of the weapon is larger and heavier in comparison.

Gotcha.

Holistic's weapon is kind of simple. That's all I can say about it. 

It was the only piece I could find that fit the bill for how her knife is described in her profile, so I went with it; custom blades are hard, and I have a tendency to shy away from using System.

What program was used for these models?

I used Lego Digital Designer to build, and then POV-Ray to render them.

Thanks for the comments! :D

Edited by Miras the Omniscient

VBWj75sh.png

Seeing as you took it upon yourself to make one of my characters, I suppose I'm obligated to comment on these. So here we go, lots of comments incoming.

First off, Rider. I like his color scheme, but his torso is kinda strange. I think it's because you used mostly CCBS, but it seems gappy and hollow. A more traditional Technic approach might have worked out better, felt a bit more solid. Claws is cute, with a nice use of Mixel eyes, but I don't know why you stuck a Protector torso in his build. It seems kind of superfluous.

Next is little Mu, one of my favorites here. The way you incorporated the Brain Attack heads is quite clever, and lends itself well to his over-muscular look. His torso looks solid as well. My only gripe, really, is the spoons; they look a bit disjointed. I can't really think of a much better way to do them off the top of my head, though.

Then there's Lucid. I see you've shifted the blame for her color scheme squarely upon my shoulders, which is fair. But I'm going to complain about the way you pulled them off just a little bit anyways. :P Specifically, the fact that they're symmetric irks me some; she's stated to be 'tye-dye' and that doesn't often have any lines of symmetry. Aside from that, the torso (like Rider's) is rather wonky, and the ring is also rather strange. It would have been better not to include it, I think, such a detail is just too small to depict at this scale. All in all, I must say I like my own Lucid better (though I'm not without considerable bias, heh.) But I do like the spines you've given her, they're quite fitting.

Sepulchral is pretty cool, I like the trans-orange and use of the same add-on for his shoulders and knees. But once again, that torso build throws the whole thing off for me. And it seems like his mace handle should extend below his hand as well as above.

I like the torso you used for Malady, it's a much more solid design than the variety used by Lucid and some others. She looks very tall and skeletal, just as vicious and snakelike as I could have imagined. You've used the same CCBS add-on repeatedly again, lending to a sense of consistency as with Sepulchral. And unlike Sepulchral, the handle of her mace extends past her hand, which is preferable. The Rhotuka was worth a try, but I think it might have looked better without the gear. And her feet seem a little on the small side. Other than that she's pretty much good.

Fior's looking pretty good as well. Her torso isn't gappy, and the color scheme is simple but looks nice. The only issues I can pick out here is her spines are a too short, and it doesn't look like her legs are very poseable. Her staff is simple but effective, and relates nicely to its powers.

And now we have Grim, clearly a most impressive adversary. I can't make out much of his torso, but it looks pretty good. I like especially how you used the CCBS paw pieces in his shoulders and put claws on them, and the use of the same add-on throughout again. I must say that his mace handle is too thick, however - it looks rather odd when it has a larger diameter than the hand holding it, and sticking to an axle (maybe with repeated gears or something, if you wanted it just a little thicker) might be better. And I would have made the bone pieces in his lower arms the same color as the rest of the gauntlets, it might make them look more complete. Lastly, the purple seems a bit too bright, almost closer to pink. He's still pretty frightening though.

After the rest, Holistic looks a little bland, but I understand all too well by now that's just the constrictions of the color scheme you were given. We're also back to wonky torsos though; even if different, this build is at least as skeletal and gappy as Rider, Lucid, and Sepulchral. It's especially strange that the piece coming straight up doesn't even touch her neck where it curves around. Maybe using a bigger shell could have helped. The weapon is simple but effective, far from a problem, and in case you haven't noticed yet I think it's a nice touch when you use the same add-ons repeatedly in a build. It lends consistency.

And finally, we have Char, possibly my favorite character here. You certainly got the yellow correct, and she manages to look just the right amount of chubby. Her torso isn't wonky, and the guns are genius (though that was Click, not you, right? :P ) The choice of feet really suits her as well, and my only complaint is a deficiency in spine length. But other than that, she's a very nice build.

It's nice to see someone else demonstrate their view of the students of Corpus Rahkshi, and overall you did a good job with these. Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I'm flattered you thought to include one of my characters! Though, if anything, I feel like I should be the one to apologize--that chisel attack was mean

Which is not to say Sepulchral won't use it again in the future, but I think he's learned better than to use it on Malady.  :P

The MoCs themselves are almost all solid, which is not easy to do with Rahkshi when using mostly CCBS, especially in Digital Designer. A few of the torsos are a bit hollow-looking, but that can be very hard to avoid, especially when trying to come up with several different custom torsos which all have to be recognizably Rahkshi (and, once again, especially in Digital Designer), and you did manage some excellent structural variety among them.  Finally, the color-schemes are all solid and well-distributed, though the pattern on Lucid is a bit hard to see at first glance.

All in all, I'd say these are a good 7.5/10 

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

This is why you get me to build you weapons Miras :D

Dane, getting someone else to build weapons for you isn't exactly the best conduit to learning to do it yourself, which is why I didn't ask you to do it. On a side note, however, let's stay on-topic, please. (There, look- I'm being good [for once] and making the mods' job easier)

Nice work with Fioraith, you got her look pretty much spot on :D Second favourite has to be Malady, just because of the awesome colour scheme and unique build  :fonz:

Thanks! :D Like I said, this version of Fior's definitely better than the IRL version I did, if only on account of the colour scheme, and Malady's torso is pretty much just a copy of the one I did for my rendition of Nymph.

First off, Rider. I like his color scheme, but his torso is kinda strange. I think it's because you used mostly CCBS, but it seems gappy and hollow. A more traditional Technic approach might have worked out better, felt a bit more solid. Claws is cute, with a nice use of Mixel eyes, but I don't know why you stuck a Protector torso in his build. It seems kind of superfluous.

In regards to the whole torso thing, I agree about how they're all pretty wonky, but I wanted to use CCBS so give a more natural curve to the spines than on the torso I used for Malady, which only gets the Kraata-casing shape across through a load of Technic, and then there isn't really any way to move the sections of the casing around at all. As for Claws, the Protector torso actually works as a mount for the eyestalk bits, but I see what you mean; if I come back and redo these (Or even if I get round to making a second batch like Dane's been nagging me to) I'll see if I can streamline Claws' build a bit.

Next is little Mu, one of my favorites here. The way you incorporated the Brain Attack heads is quite clever, and lends itself well to his over-muscular look. His torso looks solid as well. My only gripe, really, is the spoons; they look a bit disjointed. I can't really think of a much better way to do them off the top of my head, though.

Thanks! :D The Brain Attack heads, I must admit, came from Project Hatchet; I thought they'd be a great way to add the muscles, so I'm glad it shows. As for the spoons, I do admit that they were a bit of an afterthought; initially I was planning on not doing them, but Mu just sorta looked a bit incomplete without them.

Then there's Lucid. I see you've shifted the blame for her color scheme squarely upon my shoulders, which is fair. But I'm going to complain about the way you pulled them off just a little bit anyways.  :P Specifically, the fact that they're symmetric irks me some; she's stated to be 'tye-dye' and that doesn't often have any lines of symmetry. Aside from that, the torso (like Rider's) is rather wonky, and the ring is also rather strange. It would have been better not to include it, I think, such a detail is just too small to depict at this scale. All in all, I must say I like my own Lucid better (though I'm not without considerable bias, heh.) But I do like the spines you've given her, they're quite fitting.

I apologise for the symmetry; asymmetry is one of the things that I have a tendency not to like, so I guess it's just me subconsciously making it symmetrical, because, yay symmetry. In regards to the ring, the same sort of situation as with Mu applies; she didn't feel complete, so I tried to give it a go.

Sepulchral is pretty cool, I like the trans-orange and use of the same add-on for his shoulders and knees. But once again, that torso build throws the whole thing off for me. And it seems like his mace handle should extend below his hand as well as above.

Gotcha.

I like the torso you used for Malady, it's a much more solid design than the variety used by Lucid and some others. She looks very tall and skeletal, just as vicious and snakelike as I could have imagined. You've used the same CCBS add-on repeatedly again, lending to a sense of consistency as with Sepulchral. And unlike Sepulchral, the handle of her mace extends past her hand, which is preferable. The Rhotuka was worth a try, but I think it might have looked better without the gear. And her feet seem a little on the small side. Other than that she's pretty much good.

Thanks! :D I was a tad worried about the colour scheme, because it's really too dynamic to fit any sort of neutral colour in there, so I'm glad I pulled it off well. In regards to the feet, I actually think I got them bang on, although that's just my opinion, and either way, I can't really think of a method that I could have used to make them bigger but not bulkier.

Fior's looking pretty good as well. Her torso isn't gappy, and the color scheme is simple but looks nice. The only issues I can pick out here is her spines are a too short, and it doesn't look like her legs are very poseable. Her staff is simple but effective, and relates nicely to its powers.

The legs are actually fine; the extra bits don't limit the posability, and either way, it's pretty much a port of the Fior I made IRL, so it was both designed more for display than play, but anyway, like I said, I've tested and it doesn't limit posability. As for the spines, I'd prefer to keep them as they are, because longer spines feel more aggressive to me than shorter ones, and Fior's current personality isn't aggressive, quite different to what longer spines might suggest.

And now we have Grim, clearly a most impressive adversary. I can't make out much of his torso, but it looks pretty good. I like especially how you used the CCBS paw pieces in his shoulders and put claws on them, and the use of the same add-on throughout again. I must say that his mace handle is too thick, however - it looks rather odd when it has a larger diameter than the hand holding it, and sticking to an axle (maybe with repeated gears or something, if you wanted it just a little thicker) might be better. And I would have made the bone pieces in his lower arms the same color as the rest of the gauntlets, it might make them look more complete. Lastly, the purple seems a bit too bright, almost closer to pink. He's still pretty frightening though.

The torso's really not too complex, just a load of CCBS torsos stuck together with some of the pieces used on the Phantoka sets to connect the Avtoran to the Nuva. The paws I actually first used back before Bio15 was confirmed, when the old speculation topic was still pretty much spam for a few pages, then staff warning, then more spam and so on, when I was trying to make a series of Greek-letter Mata after the trend of Omega Tahus. I saw this as an excellent opportunity to use them for more bulk. As for the purple, I did try it once with the purple that Onua '15 uses, and then it just doesn't stand out from the black enough, so we're staying with this at the moment. I don't have any plans to change the bones in the gauntlets, though; I feel that making them silver would have made the forearms feel too bland. In regards to the claw pieces, I actually used them because they look like how I, at least, would imagine the claws on a large, burly predator would look, and so they just so happened to fit Grim's character really well.

I won't say anything about your review of Holistic since really, everything's already been covered in replies to the other MOCs. :P

And finally, we have Char, possibly my favorite character here. You certainly got the yellow correct, and she manages to look just the right amount of chubby. Her torso isn't wonky, and the guns are genius (though that was Click, not you, right?  :P ) The choice of feet really suits her as well, and my only complaint is a deficiency in spine length. But other than that, she's a very nice build.

The spines I actually chose because they're sausages, and it seemed appropriate to me for a chubby Rahkshi to have food-shaped spines. :P I do agree with you, though, that they could have been longer and probably more spike-like.

I'm flattered you thought to include one of my characters! Though, if anything, I feel like I should be the one to apologize--that chisel attack was mean

Which is not to say Sepulchral won't use it again in the future, but I think he's learned better than to use it on Malady.  :P

The MoCs themselves are almost all solid, which is not easy to do with Rahkshi when using mostly CCBS, especially in Digital Designer. A few of the torsos are a bit hollow-looking, but that can be very hard to avoid, especially when trying to come up with several different custom torsos which all have to be recognizably Rahkshi (and, once again, especially in Digital Designer), and you did manage some excellent structural variety among them.  Finally, the color-schemes are all solid and well-distributed, though the pattern on Lucid is a bit hard to see at first glance.

All in all, I'd say these are a good 7.5/10

Thanks! :D Malady was pretty much breaking point for me, because I was bored of the torsos I had been using so I just ported over a pre-existing design. :PChar and Grim were after my decision not to try and do any more of my honestly fairly terrible custom torsos. :P

Thanks for all the comments!

VBWj75sh.png

• 2 weeks later...