Protector Nui (combiner model)

This looks fantastic. I really like how you had each limb be a different element, really gets the 'combiner' aspect across.

If I had to give one criticism, it's a bit difficult to notice where the water protector fits in, but that may just be to the lighting of the pictures and how the purple and blue sort of blend together due to being close on the color palette.

All in all, it looks really good and I might just have to build it myself!

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

I once attempted a Protector Nui a few months ago, and honestly, I think yours looks a lot better. 

Everything about this MOC is so right, the aesthetics, the proportions, it's perfect! Wunderbar job! 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

This is a really cool Nui you have here. Though I'm a little more interested in the Moc you have in your signature. In the mean time let me see if I can name the elements by body part.

Head & Upper Chest: Earth

Lower body: Water

Left Arm: Stone

Right Arm: Fire

Left Leg: Jungle

Right Leg: Ice

Am I right? I hope I'm right...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

This looks awesome! I would build it if it wasn't so expensive.(I only have PoE)

Got any other CCBS sets? Most of the parts are relatively common, so you might be able to build it either way.

I could try, but most of my pieces are being used on mocs.

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Thanks for resizing the image! But I wanted to leave a comment about the MOC, too. It's impressive that you've created a cohesive model given the parts restriction and, perhaps providing more of an obstacle, the many colors involved. Dividing the figure into separate colored areas like that worked out perfectly. Nice work!

• Upvote 3

This is a really cool Nui you have here. Though I'm a little more interested in the Moc you have in your signature. In the mean time let me see if I can name the elements by body part.

Head & Upper Chest: Earth

Lower body: Water

Left Arm: Stone

Right Arm: Fire

Left Leg: Jungle

Right Leg: Ice

Am I right? I hope I'm right...

6 outta 6! 

Thanks for resizing the image! But I wanted to leave a comment about the MOC, too. It's impressive that you've created a cohesive model given the parts restriction and, perhaps providing more of an obstacle, the many colors involved. Dividing the figure into separate colored areas like that worked out perfectly. Nice work!

I like this one a lot. Dividing the colors up was a good aesthetic choice. It reminds of the Mata Kaitas a lot.

Thanks! Dividing up the colors was the only way to make it look half decent.

7371340032_feea7ef21a.jpg

I think the MoC looks amazing! I've been bored and binge watching Power Rangers on Netflix (don't judge) and this looks like a freakin' Bionicle Megazord (Please understand that I say that with the highest respect and praise :D ). I really dig it! This is probably one of the coolest Kaita MoC's I've seen in a long time.

Nice job :)

• Upvote 2

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I'm not sure what's the practicality of a buzz saw on a hammer, but it looks cool. :P

This is an amazing creation worthy of being featured on the front page, you got any instructions for it?

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I think the MoC looks amazing! I've been bored and binge watching Power Rangers on Netflix (don't judge) and this looks like a freakin' Bionicle Megazord (Please understand that I say that with the highest respect and praise :D ). I really dig it! This is probably one of the coolest Kaita MoC's I've seen in a long time.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw this great combiner! It does look a lot like a PR Megazord (I'm not a fan myself but who doesn't like big robots fighting big monsters?!) Each limb is very solid and uncompromising while sticking to the restraints imposed by using only those 6 small sets for parts. The multi-elemental blaster in the chest is a great touch too, realy good job!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I like power rangers(only the older episodes)but I didn't think of it as a megazord when I first saw it.

When I think of megazord, I think of this mmpr-ep5-megazord.jpg

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I might go with a Voltron theme and make the Ice leg into a water leg.  Everything else seems in the right position.  Maybe a Blazing sword with fire element.

• Upvote 1

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

I like power rangers(only the older episodes)but I didn't think of it as a megazord when I first saw it.

Yeah, that's not the first megazord that comes into my mind; I usually think of all the zords from the Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder eras (those are the ones I think of when I hear mention of Power Rangers in general). But I thought of it as such because each limb is it's own color (kind of like how certain megazords were made by 1 zord being each limb and then 1 or 2 extras being the torso/head (which is what I see this MoC as)).

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Yeah, that's not the first megazord that comes into my mind; I usually think of all the zords from the Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder eras (those are the ones I think of when I hear mention of Power Rangers in general). But I thought of it as such because each limb is it's own color (kind of like how certain megazords were made by 1 zord being each limb and then 1 or 2 extras being the torso/head (which is what I see this MoC as)).

I was into the first PR first because my sister said the older ones are better and the newer ones looked fake(as in fake fighting)and I agreed. Plus I think this one's the coolest out of all the ones I've seen. (Alongside the Ninja Megazord)

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

This is an excellent model, but I'm not fond of the way each is actually two limbs positioned together.

That said, everything else is pretty much flawless considering the limited pieces you had available. The uber chest blaster is especially cool

• 2 weeks later...

This is an excellent model, but I'm not fond of the way each is actually two limbs positioned together.

That said, everything else is pretty much flawless considering the limited pieces you had available. The uber chest blaster is especially cool

Really? That's one of the parts I like most about it, makes it look stronger, beefier, one might even say. I also love the clever build there in the hammer, and that it can separate into two hammers. Another fantastic touch. It's extremely difficult to build s combo model these days, and this was executed perfectly, can't find anything I don't like about it.

Wow, this is incredible! It's always great to find a new user I've never seen on BZP come out swinging with a brilliant MOC like this! Great use of all the parts, and accomplishing a symmetrical design.

Also, may I be the first to congratulate you on being featured! You deserved it!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Very well done! He looks awesome! I love his weapon a lot. It looks epic! I like how you made him look muscular, too.:D

Boy, I wish the Protectors in the story would form that guy or similar in the story. It would be awesome if it could happen.:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I mean it looks great I just wish you had not made him so multicolored... Maybe if you had evenly distributed the colors I think it would have been even better. Though he does remind me of Okoto the island itself with the "slices" of colors/elements. I thought that was pretty cool.

I think my favorite part is the different colored studs in the stud shooter.

Mine is probably just the way the torso looks. It looks rather beast, but the construction of it is marvelous!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

This is great. Most combiners are a mess, but you managed to make it look good while making it clear that this is a combiner with the differently colored limbs. Its a little bit smaller than I was expecting, but any larger would have been really hard to work with. Good job!

I really need a better signature.

I have a question about the MoC. I realize the upper torso is the PoE and you used the mask of said protector; did you think about using any of the other masks or did you just want that one?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Wow, thanks for featuring my post! Nice to read so many nice comments about my work ^^

Very cool! I miss the old combos from 2001, this one reminds me of them. Love how there's a limb for each element instead of one "raimbow-ish" color scheme. I'm curious to see it with more blue on it though, can I ask a picture of it with the blue mask on?

It's dismantled, sadly, so I can't show it with the blue Protector mask on :/

This model is great! I never knew how much you could do with this build system. You have to teach me your secrets

It's not as much 'secrets' as it is messing around with parts until they look right. Give it a shot! :D

I mean it looks great I just wish you had not made him so multicolored... Maybe if you had evenly distributed the colors I think it would have been even better. Though he does remind me of Okoto the island itself with the "slices" of colors/elements. I thought that was pretty cool.

When you only have six differently-colored sets to work with, it's either grouping the colors (as I did) or finding a way to make them blend in a nice way (which I didn't try). I went with the first option, because I wanted it to resemble one of those big Power Rangers mechs. There's a link to the instructions in the post, so feel free to mess around with the colors and making it more to your liking! ^^

I have a question about the MoC. I realize the upper torso is the PoE and you used the mask of said protector; did you think about using any of the other masks or did you just want that one?

I wanted this one, because it was the most 'neutral' mask of them all. I probably also used it because the upper torso is based on the PoE as well.

You should totally make two three protector combiners now. That is, PoF, PoE, PoS and PoW, PoJ, PoI. G1 Kaita style.

I might actually give this a shot; can't promise anything, though ;)

Again, thank you all for your kind words and points of improvement!

• Upvote 1
7371340032_feea7ef21a.jpg