Have you ever wanted to make your own LEGO-related web series for thousands of people to watch? Do you like sharing your thoughts and opinions about your favorite brick-based toy? Well now you have the chance to make that happen!
BZPower is looking to add more content to our YouTube channel, and we want you guys to help. We're opening things up to bring some shows from the community to be presented on the BZPTube channel. We're even giving out some perks to help entice you to create a show and post it regularly.
All shows should be LEGO and/or Bionicle-related in nature. We are expecting new episodes to be posted each month at the minimum (although you can do it more often if you're up to the challenge). Most importantly, all videos should be BZPower friendly and follow the rules!
Here's some ideas of what sort of shows we're looking for and what kind of content we'd like. This list isn't exhaustive, so if you have your own idea, that's fine too!
- Storyline discussion (Gen 1, Gen 2, both)
- LEGO and Bionicle news coverage
- MOC or other member creation spotlight
- Member Interviews
- Commentary and opinions on LEGO and the community
- Other original content
- Set reviews
- Discussion of leaks
So you have an idea for a great web show, why should you post it on BZPower? Well, in addition to the fact that you'd be reaching our over four thousand subscribers without having to build that base yourself, we're willing to give you free LEGO and more for hosting your show with us.
- Content creators earn 20 € worth of LEGO sets for the first episode they create each year
- Content creators earn 10 € worth of LEGO sets for each subsequent on-time episode each month
- If more than one episode is posted each month, only the first episode earns the perk
- If an episode is not on-time, content creators do not earn the 10 € for that month (see cancellation section for more information)
- Earned perks can be spent in June and December only
- Content creators can earn up to 130 € worth of LEGO each year (70 € worth in 2015 since we're starting in July)
- The value of free LEGO is based on the German S@H website
- Content creators may earn additional free LEGO depending on the support the CEE Team offers BZPower
- Content creators also get a custom rank/title indicating they're a 'Content Creator' on BZPower
So you have your idea for a show. Now what?
- Submit your idea to Black Six; your submission should include the name of the show and a brief description of its premise
- A group of staff will review your submission and inform you as to whether or not it is accepted
- If we are at our limit for shows (see below), your submission will go into a queue until space is available
- If there's space for new shows, you will be asked to create a pilot episode
- A group of staff will review the pilot episode and will approve or reject it
- If approved, a schedule for the show will be determined
- There will be a target of 4 to 6 concurrent shows at any given time
- Once the pilot episode is approved, the frequency of the show will be decided and a schedule will be created
- Example frequencies include: first day of each month, last day of each month, first Tuesday of the month, second Friday, etc...
- Content creators will be given access to the BZPTube channel to upload videos
- Episodes should be uploaded a minimum of one day in advance for review and to ensure they're posted on time
- Episodes will be scheduled to go live on the proper day in accordance with the schedule
- Each episode should follow the Social Media guidelines for YouTube
- Each episode of each show will receive a news story on the front page within a day of being posted on YouTube.
- Show creators will have the choice of using the automatic Talkback thread to discuss each episode or creating a topic in Fan-Created Media for disucssion of the show. This topic will be linked to in each news story.
- Shows will be reviewed for renewal at the end of each year
- Shows will be evaluated based on number of views, viewer engagement, and other metrics
- Shows will be renewed pending the above and the decision of the content creator to continue
- A show may be canceled at any time if it breaks any rules mentioned here or any BZPower rules
- A show may also be canceled if two episodes are delivered late with no prior notice
- Content creators will keep any perks that they've earned up to that point
- A show may be canceled at the end of the year if it has the fewest views of all shows and there are other pending submissions
Q: Why are we doing this?
A: We are looking to add more content to our YouTube channel. There are a lot of LEGO fans who are not members of BZPower and get most of their LEGO information from YouTube. We want to reach out to those people and hopefully bring them into the community.
Q: Why is the amount of free LEGO I earn measured in Euros? Where do the free sets come from?
A: LEGO provides BZPower with support in the form of free LEGO sets each year. We have the ability to order a certain amount of free sets directly from LEGO. That amount is measured in Euros based on the German Shop@Home page, so that is the same scale we are using here.