2016 Batman v Superman set revealed!

The Wall Street Journal has revealed the first picture of a new LEGO DC Super Heroes set which is planned to be officially unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con next month. The new Batmobile set, based on the upcoming movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, will contain 306 pieces including two stud shooters, and will be available for $29.99 starting January 1, 2016. It's certainly quite unlike any previous LEGO Batmobile, with lots of unusual angles and a never-before-seen windscreen. Follow the link above to see it for yourself!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Whilst I don't buy regular lego sets anymore I will say that this is probably my least favourite lego Batmobile, the whole thing just looks really small and there's very visible studs everywhere that really stick out (I hope it's just the CG), and the car curves just makes it look like something out of the mid 20th century, I hope it's just the CGI, if not I think the designers could have done a lot better. 

It's time to move on.

Nice. Looks awesome.

they still need to reveal the whole set:

-Batmobile

-Batfleck 

-2 minifigures

-1 additional vehicle.

I'm betting on an enemy vehicle, 1 enemy and superman.

WW will probably in the batwing set (which will probably will be the most expensive in the BvS line unless they do some kind of non-vehicle set, like the AoU line)

Edited by admiraltyphoon

SH0Gxlo.png

Whilst I don't buy regular lego sets anymore I will say that this is probably my least favourite lego Batmobile, the whole thing just looks really small and there's very visible studs everywhere that really stick out (I hope it's just the CG), and the car curves just makes it look like something out of the mid 20th century, I hope it's just the CGI, if not I think the designers could have done a lot better. 

It's definitely CGI, though I don't know whether that makes any huge difference in the model's look. Unlike many AFOLs, LEGO designers generally try NOT to hide all the studs on a model, because those are a big part of what tells the potential buyer that yes, it's a LEGO building set. Models like the Mini Cooper are rare exceptions.

the whole thing just looks really small and there's very visible studs everywhere that really stick out (I hope it's just the CG), and the car curves just makes it look like something out of the mid 20th century, I hope it's just the CGI, if not I think the designers could have done a lot better. 

1) There are a lot of studs, but it only looks bad on the top of the cockpit. That flat spot could be covered up with something a little more slope-y and not as stud-y.

2) That's how it looks in the movie. :P Look up any images of it, and you'll see how close this set actually comes to portraying it. Why change it up so much that it no longer represents the thing they are trying to promote? Seems counterintuitive, if you ask me.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

the whole thing just looks really small and there's very visible studs everywhere that really stick out (I hope it's just the CG), and the car curves just makes it look like something out of the mid 20th century, I hope it's just the CGI, if not I think the designers could have done a lot better. 

1) There are a lot of studs, but it only looks bad on the top of the cockpit. That flat spot could be covered up with something a little more slope-y and not as stud-y.

2) That's how it looks in the movie. :P Look up any images of it, and you'll see how close this set actually comes to portraying it. Why change it up so much that it no longer represents the thing they are trying to promote? Seems counterintuitive, if you ask me.

The images show it as a lot bulkier in the movie and more tumbler like, I remember they did something similar back in 2013 with the dark knight rises set, they had a little mini tumbler (although to be fair this Batmobile has a lot more in common with the movie) then they released a big one like a year later (I think), hope this gets the same treatment. I get there's budgets and all but I think a slight raise in price could have done a lot for the set without hurting sales.

It's time to move on.

I actually like this Batmobile a lot. It looks like a vehicle Batman would drive. And though I haven't really looked at any photos of the Batmobile in the new movie, I will say that I'm glad that it looks different from the previous vehicles Batman has used over the years. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That new windscreen looks like it'd be fun to use in MOCs.

*Those *windscreens *they'd

Look carefully. Its two pieces--one for the left, one for the right. There's some tile pieces underneath them, so it looks like this allows the windscreens to split apart and slide away to reveal the cockpit. A very nice touch, I think. :)

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Nice. Looks awesome.
they still need to reveal the whole set:

-Batmobile
-Batfleck 
-2 minifigures
-1 additional vehicle.

I'm betting on an enemy vehicle, 1 enemy and superman.
WW will probably in the batwing set (which will probably will be the most expensive in the BvS line unless they do some kind of non-vehicle set, like the AoU line)

Yeah. It looks nice, but needs a conflict, of course. I can't think of the last $30 set that only had one minifigure, if there is one.

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg

I must say. The Batmobile looks classic and cool!:) Anyway, Batfleck looks like a regular Lego DC Super Heroes Batman minifigures the Lego DC Super Heroes have nowadays. Doesn't look like that he is wearing a suit of high-tech armor like I saw in a trailer for the upcoming movie. Just saying.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I, for one, am extremely excited for this set, being a big supporter of the upcoming BvS movie (and being a Batman fan in general). I missed my chance to get the last Batmobile set - partially because I wasn't too fond of it, partially because I knew this BvS set would happen eventually.

While I realize it's pretty impossible to judge something before people actually have it in hand, I can't help but already have a few minor qualms with the Batmobile; mainly with the lack of armor over the front tires, the "spoiler" build, and the apparently small size. I've also never been a big fan of the stud shooters when utilized as what are supposed to be "normal"-looking gun emplacements, but it doesn't look terrible here.

The windscreen is an exciting new piece (or pieces) - can't wait for that! I'm also interested as to what the other vehicle/minifigures are going to be. My first assumption was simply a criminal and his escape vehicle, with the last minifig being a police officer. My next thought was that it could be a police officer chasing the Batmobile in his own cop car, with the third fig being either another cop riding along with the first - a la that The Dark Knight Returns scene - or perhaps another hero.

Whatever the case, this is one of those sets that I'm going to have to wait for a full-fledged review for before even making half a decision. I'd rather the majority of my toy money go towards BIONICLE and Transformers. :P

Edited by Jakura Nuva