A faster way to shade sprites

Naota Takizawa

I'm trying to recolor Rayg 2.0 sprites so they are 6-shaded like the Chimoru R sprite kit and it's taking too long, anyone know a better method for doing this besides just tediously hand pixelling until the sprite is now 6-shaded?

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Well if your using gimp I find that the fastest way with the ability to slelect all of a certin color. using the color plallets that come in most kits

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Howdy,

It sounds like you're trying to add shades to a sprite. If that's the case then besides other odd/creative methods of doing this, the more common and acceptable method of doing this is to just add the extra shades yourself. There's no really good other way of doing this. Also, I'll add: more shades on a sprite doesn't make it look any less or more realistic and if you add too many it'll just look tedious. If you continue this project then I wish you luck, it should be interesting how it'll turn out.

Good luck on your endeavor,

~Soran

• Upvote 2
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

As the original creator of sixshade Chimoru, I can pretty much verify everything that's been said here. In some cases you might be able to copy and paste some parts for consistency, but there's no way to magically add shading without a little elbow grease.

Also, does Rayg 2.0 really need a sixshade variant?

• Upvote 1

We must go DEEPER STILL.

Like a seven-shade variant?

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We must go DEEPER STILL.

Like a seven-shade variant?

Photo-realistic shading.

not deep enough.

infinitely deep shading, to the point where you could see it going into negative colors if you zoomed in enough.

• Upvote 2

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.