Lloyd - Master of Power or Energy!?

Boidoh

I was re-watching last season because I was bored. Master Chen calls Lloyd the Master of Power. However when Lloyd calls his dragon later in the season he yells "Energy". Would this make him the Master of Energy? I just dont get it... Power and Energy are two different things so.... 

Maybe...

Power = the fact that he could (or atleast used to be able to, not including season 5) control the 4 elements

Energy = the green stuff?

Could the First Spinjitzu Master be considered a Master of Power then? We just know him as the FSM and not Master of _________. Is Lloyd even considered an Elemental Master? Besides Chen caling him that no other person has. He himself seems unsure... The only other thing he has been called is the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master...

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Maybe it could be a case of the characters being wrong. Like when the Mahri thought that Teridax put the idea of the Skakdi Fusion in their heads.

• Upvote 1

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Maybe it could be a case of the characters being wrong. Like when the Mahri thought that Teridax put the idea of the Skakdi Fusion in their heads.

That was just them not knowing the situation. The Mahri just kinda walked in on something that they knew almost nothing about beforehand. Naturally, they'd make guesses and assess the situation before taking action.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Why can't power and energy be the same thing? I mean, I've heard Skylor's power called both Amber and Absorption, so an element having more than one name isn't really weird. Lloyd has power over all 4 elements, and can also create vehicles out of thin air and transform existing ones, as well as shoot green balls of energy, so I consider his element to be a form of Creation that includes green energy or something. The green energy appears to be a weaker form of the Golden Power, which apparently the FSM used, and if the FSM's element is Creation (which would make sense since Sensei Wu and good Garmadon's elements are apparently Creation), then logically Lloyd's element should be some form of Creation, but unlike Wu & Garmadon, he can control the 4 elements separately and shoot balls of green energy. Maybe Energy/Power is not the same as Creation but is related to it. Maybe Creation is the constructive side of Lloyd's powers and Energy is the offensive side. So Lloyd is the Master of Power, which is a combination of Creation and Energy.

This is all very confusing.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Power and Energy are not the same thing. Where were you in Physics class?

Power = Force X Distance / Time

Kinetic...Energy = 1/2 X mass X Velocity2

Power and Energy are not the same thing. Where were you in Physics class?

Power = Force X Distance / Time

Kinetic...Energy = 1/2 X mass X Velocity2

But this isn't physics, it's a fantasy story set in an imaginary universe. And even though the scientific definitions of those words mean different things, the scientific definitions are not their only definitions. We say "the power is out" when our homes lose electricity even though scientifically speaking, electricity is a type of energy, not a type of power.

Beyond that, both Ninjago and Bionicle use the term "element" to mean something fundamentally different than the scientific definition of the term.

• Upvote 5

Touche...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think it's simply that the characters the,selves don't know what to call his element, I think at one point, Clause was listing the masters as Master of (element) but when he gets to Lloyd, he, instead of sticking to the naming scheme he's been using, calls him the green savior, Chen might've been confused as to what Lloyd's element was called, and simply said "power" off the top of his mind.