Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

hi Elisabeth

after my last post I got Around the Fur by Deftones and then I hit up a bunch of stores while I was visiting Kitania in Colorado this past week, during which I bought the following (some of which is definitely guilty pleasure-tier):

- Adrenaline by Deftones (actually ordered this and had it sent to Kit's house a few days before my trip)

- B-Sides & Rarities by Deftones (same as above)

- Spirit by Depeche Mode

- Art Angels by Grimes

- Take a Look in the Mirror by Korn

- Tales from the Thousand Lakes by Amorphis

- A-Sides, B-Sides & Suicides by Charon

- Back to Times of Splendor by Disillusion

- Power, Corruption and Lies by New Order

- Juju by Siouxsie and the Banshees

- Awake? by Zao

- Weather Systems by Anathema

- The Grime and the Glow by Chelsea Wolfe

- Beautiful Garbage by Garbage

- Bleed Like Me by Garbage

- Not Your Kind of People by Garbage (deluxe edition)

- Strange Little Birds by Garbage

- The Sufferer and the Witness by Rise Against

- Love and Other Disasters by Sonic Syndicate

- Whenever You Need Somebody by Rick Astley

- Team Sleep by Team Sleep

Kit also gave me her copy of Phobia by Breaking Benjamin since she bought a new one, as well as a copy of Arktis by Ihsahn which she bought for me as a gift (thanks again darling).

since getting home I bought Mesmer by Northlane and Lux by Gemini Syndrome.

• Upvote 3

I got a lot of stuff when Serein came to visit, though I'd have to actually go through it all again to make such a comprehensive list as she did xp 

(I mean I might do that sometime, it's just all upstairs currently and I'm comfy)

But right now, the most recent thing was Within Temptation's album Hydra. 

My order of The Immortal Wars by Ex Deo came in today. I regret nothing. Best album of theirs so far. The strongest part of it is that the whole album is like one epic story, but it can also be a weak point because except for the last song they all kind of go into one another and so a random shuffle can end songs on weird parts. Spoils of War is the weakest song here IMO.

Its great music and is about the Second Punic War (save the last song, which is just generally about the power of Imperial Roma). I use it for CKII background combat as the Roman Empire, I don't care if it is over a millennium past the events it talks about. :lol: I just pretend that talk about Carthage and Mars is poetic use of their old mythologies (which they did a lot).

Edited by Iaredios the Desert Dude

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Ordered The Tales From the Kingdom of Fife, by Gloryhammer.  I hope I like it!

If not, then I'll get King of Kings by Leaves' Eyes

EDIT: Cancelled the Gloryhammer one. Got King of Kings. Should be here on the 17th.

I hope I like it!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Emperor of Sands, by Mastodon

I kept seeing it recommended to me after getting The Immortal Wars, and after listening to song samples from this album and previous ones, I have to say I am intrigued, and so ordered their latest album as a first taste. Next I'll be getting an older one, either Once More Round The Sun or Crack the Skye.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I also got an album with a Bulgarian reconstruction of hymns done by the first female composer, Kassia of the Roman Empire. This should help with adding HD atmosphere to the medieval Balkans. It is very beautiful, and the slavic touch to these Greek songs give it flavor and is less blocky then it would otherwise be.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

At Serein's advice (as well as countless others on YouTube and Amazon) I got Crack the Skye by Mastodon; i also got Episode by Stratovarius, and Coming Up to Breathe by MercyMe.

And that should put an end to my musical purchases until my next paycheck,

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

bought physical copies of City, the self-titled, Alien, and The New Black by Strapping Young Lad; V - Halmstad by Shining (the Swedish one), Ugly, Soul Searching Sun, and Broken Valley by Life of Agony; Evangelion by Behemoth; and physical copies of Ocean Machine: Biomech and Ki (signed by the man himself) by Devin Townsend

• Upvote 1

Finally received Episode by Stratovarius today. Great CD.

I also got Gods and Generals by Civil War, and pre-ordered No Grave But The Sea by Alestorm. I have never listened to them so this should be interesting.

EDIT: Forgot one! Digital album called Civilizations, by Derek and Brandon Fietcher. Musical historical bro-powers activate! Has a bunch of 2-4 minute instrumental/choral songs about specific... that's right, civilizations! And no, I totally didn't buy an entire album due to there being a song dedicated to 'Byzantium', you know how stupid that would be? Ha, hilarious assumptions.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png