Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

I saw Evergrey live 2 months ago (and met them and talked with them) and I already owned all of their CD's, but I bought their 2016 release "The Storm Within" on vinyl to frame and put on my wall next to the signed poster and drum head. I also bought CD's from the opening acts: "The Lion and the Jester" by Ascendia and "Decennium" by Seven Kingdoms. I also bought Rikard Zander's solo album (keyboardist for Evergrey).

I also recently purchased the "Duke" album from Genesis.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Translating the Name by Saosin

Saosin by Saosin

Along the Shadow by Saosin

Revolutions per Minute by Rise Against

The Black Market by Rise Against

Wolves (Best Buy version) by Rise Against

Sing the Sorrow by AFI

AFI (The Blood Album) by AFI

Until There's Nothing Left of Us by Kill Hannah

Life for Rent by Dido

Frozen by Sentenced

Hiss Spun by Chelsea Wolfe (pre-ordered)

Good Nature by Turnover (pre-ordered)

Medusa by Paradise Lost (pre-ordered)

Codex Omega by Septcflesh (pre-ordered)

Discovering the Waterfront by Silverstein

A Shipwreck in the Sand by Silverstein

This Is How the Wind Shifts by Silverstein

Dead Reflection by Silverstein

Let It Enfold You by Senses Fail

Still Searching by Senses Fail

Renacer by Senses Fail

Pull the Thorns from Your Heart by Senses Fail

White Noise by PVRIS

All We Know of Heaven, All We Need of Heck by PVRIS (pre-ordered)

Add Violence by Nine Inch Nails

hi, I'm Scythey, and I'm now a 14-year-old girl again.

• Upvote 1

Hm, does a scalloped fretboard Fender Malmsteen strat count? xP

Well, I bought three of the 1990 Iron Maiden double LPs the other day; Run To The Hills & The Number of The Beast, Wasted Years & Stranger in a Strange Land, and Flight of Icarus & The Trooper. Wasted Years was dead mint, never played, so I took it out the packet and couldn't bring myself to play it xD

8WQROW2l.jpg

lol double-posting has been allowed in official topics here since like a year ago because I was the best mod

A recording of Chopin's 2nd piano sonata and preludes, performed by Martha Argerich

The Mantle by Agalloch

Abyss by Chelsea Wolfe

Slowdive's new S/T

Also a bunch of sheet music too

You like Agalloch? And Katatonia?  Katatonia is my favorite band... Have you seen them live? Their Proscenium LP sounds amazing, it's got so much depth...

And Queen of Liars too; Paradise Lost, huh?

And Baphomet, Sentenced is amazing, I love that album, Frozen....

Christ, you guys are so cool. I'm staying here. Seriously, how come you're all into like this kind of music? Hardly anyone even knows death-doom and stuff exist, and yet you represent the majority of the BZPower music fans? xD

PS. Heard of a band called Fragile Hollow? Previously named Rain Paint? They're like a gothic rock influenced alternative metal band in the Katatonia-ish genre, they played on the December Songs tribute album, and yet they're criminally little heard of.

Edited by dragonzrmetal

Oh heck yeah, we've got some good metal representation going here.

I've seen Katatonia live when they opened for Paradise Lost on their 25th anniversary show, and they played the Viva Emptiness album in full. They're not exactly the most energetic live band, but can't fault the sound.

Also, just picked up Into the Shadows by Anoice, while this Bandcamp thing is still going.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Oh heck yeah, we've got some good metal representation going here.

I've seen Katatonia live when they opened for Paradise Lost on their 25th anniversary show, and they played the Viva Emptiness album in full. They're not exactly the most energetic live band, but can't fault the sound.

Also, just picked up Into the Shadows by Anoice, while this Bandcamp thing is still going.

That sounds way cool. 2013, huh? I hardly knew they existed back then. Love that album, I'd love to hear them play Omerta live. That's absolutely awesome. They just did "Great Cold Distance" all the way through, so I guess next up is Night Is The New Day all the way through, 2019?

Hm, I guess they don't jump about a lot xD, but they do know how to interact with the crowd, they make jokes and raise tension and pretend to leave and come back, it's like they're at home on the stage. I love how straight-forward, honest and down to earth Jonas always is. Actually, Anders' shiny Mayones guitars are as much part of the show as everything else.

On the topic of Katatonia I'm the lucky owner of the Southampton show drum skin - I think it was Anders that drew these, wasn't it? I was having a hard time playing "match-the-Katatonia-member-to-the-arm-tattoos" from the picture of him drawing them.

eazx4a9l.png

Oh, since there's so many metal fans about, I've got a spare copy of "Sounds of Decay", the original card digipack, and a bunch of nu-metal CDs I'm not really into like Ill Nino, Raging Speedhorn, Coal Chamber, etcetera. I'll pop 'em all up in my trade/sale thread thing tomorrow, in-case anyone's interested.

Katatonia's my favorite metal band and second-favorite band in general. been a devoted fan of theirs since around the time Night Is the New Day dropped. really jealous of that drum skin, that's awesome! like Queen of Liars said, metal is pretty well-represented here. I'd wager this is the only Bionicle fansite on the net where black metal is a regular topic of conversation.

their appearance on Twin Peaks and the new EP have reignited my interest in Nine Inch Nails, so I've ordered copies of Ghosts I-IV, The Slip, the 2010 remaster of Pretty Hate Machine, and the upcoming CD versions of Not the Actual Events and Add Violence to fill the holes in my collection. also pre-ordered the new Grave Pleasures and Samael albums.

edit: I totally forgot that I also bought Black Celebration by Depeche Mode and It's My Life by Talk Talk on vinyl , plus the limited edition of {Rotten Apples} Greatest Hits with the rarities bonus disc by The Smashing Pumpkins today. also bought the Hypnos/Flame EP by Chelsea Wolfe off Bandcamp because I wanted to support something there.

Edited by Baphomet
  • Upvote 1

Katatonia's my favorite metal band and second-favorite band in general. been a devoted fan of theirs since around the time Night Is the New Day dropped. really jealous of that drum skin, that's awesome! like Queen of Liars said, metal is pretty well-represented here. I'd wager this is the only Bionicle fansite on the net where black metal is a regular topic of conversation.

their appearance on Twin Peaks and the new EP have reignited my interest in Nine Inch Nails, so I've ordered copies of Ghosts I-IV, The Slip, the 2010 remaster of Pretty Hate Machine, and the upcoming CD versions of Not the Actual Events and Add Violence to fill the holes in my collection. also pre-ordered the new Grave Pleasures and Samael albums.

edit: I totally forgot that I also bought Black Celebration by Depeche Mode and It's My Life by Talk Talk on vinyl , plus the limited edition of {Rotten Apples} Greatest Hits with the rarities bonus disc by The Smashing Pumpkins today. also bought the Hypnos/Flame EP by Chelsea Wolfe off Bandcamp because I wanted to support something there.

Favorite metal band yess, they deserve it. So what's your favorite band that so unjustly dethroned Katatonia?

I bought a few CDs today: Soundgarden - A-Sides (Black daaaaayaaaayssss~), The Best of Radiohead, Disturbed - Believe, Nirvana - Unplugged in New York, Velvet Revolver - Libertad, Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill (Yiss, I didn't have floods on CD.)

Edited by _Kocytean_

Favorite metal band yess, they deserve it. So what's your favorite band that so unjustly dethroned Katatonia?

The Cure. gothic rock/post-punk band that was most active in the 80s, if you haven't heard of them. they were a huge influence on Katatonia and their album Disintegration is, in my opinion, the greatest album ever recorded.

• Upvote 2

The Cure. gothic rock/post-punk band that was most active in the 80s, if you haven't heard of them. they were a huge influence on Katatonia and their album Disintegration is, in my opinion, the greatest album ever recorded.

Gotta love The Cure. That's a good answer. Disintegration is great, I think homesick is my favorite track on there. It's so spacey. It's one of those albums you have to lie down and listen to with the lights off, and it creates a wonderful atmosphere.

Have you seen this video?

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered the following:

• Inner Strength, by Innerwish
  • Gunman, by Orden Ogan
  • Genesis, by Paleowolf
  • Polaris, by Stratovarius

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

ordered Tragic Illusion 25 by Paradise Lost and Solitary Martyr / Ethereal by Deathwhite on CD, put in orders for In Requiem by Paradise Lost and Elizium by Fields of the Nephilim on vinyl (both currently backordered)

Deathwhite are great. Surprised to see them mentioned. They definitely deserve more attention.

Just ordered Black Sessions ~ Katatonia.

Been after that one for a while, mostly because I want to watch the live DVD. I can complete my digital library now with the Black Sessions Live at Krakow tracks and some high quality versions of Fractured and No Devotion. I love both those songs. Well, technically I'm still going to be missing Rehearsal 92 and Rehearsal 91, and I still need Brave Yesterdays to get Untrue... Gah. It's never gonna stop. I wanna see 'em again live so bad, Jonas' voice is amazing.

Edited by _Kocytean_