Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

ordered Unknown Pleasures and Closer by Joy Division

wanted to order Substance too for completion's sake but I was trying to get them all from the same seller and they didn't have it in stock

edit: also ordered The Head on the Door by The Cure which pretty much wraps up my top-priority Cure collection

Edited by Ryuujin

Picked up the limited edition digibook of The Satanist by Behemoth.

One of three albums which came out today that I kind of want to get (the others being the new Grand Magus and Within Temptation), but I can't really justify spending £37-ish on music in one day so I just got the one that interests me the most.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

The Cure just announced a new album, so in celebration I decided to order the last three albums that were missing from my collection, The Top, Wild Mood Swings, and 4:13 Dream.

edit: picked up Mixed Up and the CD singles "The Only One" and "Sleep When I'm Dead" by The Cure, Dirty by Sonic Youth, and Churchtown by Into Paradise

edit 2: ordered the Japanese Whispers compilation by The Cure and picked up Peepshow by Siouxsie and the Banshees

Edited by Ryuujin

I acquired some Foo Fighters songs, so I now have most of Wasting Light, "Everlong", "Learn to Fly", "Times Like These", and "The Pretender". Good stuff. I'll be listening through the rest of their discography soon (barring The Colour and the Shape and Wasting Light, both of which I've listened through entirely).

• 2 weeks later...

Unwelcome by Arsis, Scar the Martyr's self-titled, and House of Gold & Bones Part 2 by Stone Sour

I never intended to get those last two but it was a buy-1-get-1-free sale on select albums

Scar the Martyr has Kris Norris, Jed Simon, and Chris Vrenna which was enough to interest me, and I'd heard surprisingly positive things about the Stone Sour album and it was free so I figured why not

The Lego Movie Sountrack

Exodus (Instrumental Version) - NOISIΛ

Bassline Kickin' - Pegboard Nerds

Bug Hunt (NOISIΛ Remix) - Skrillex (My gosh the original needs to be released.)

FTW - Let's Be Friends

Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites CD - Skrillex

I Am Legion Instrumentals - I Am Legion (A supergroup formed by rappers Foreign Beggars and dutch electronic trio NOISIΛ)

Artist/Band Album

Matt Mays & El Torpedo Matt Mays & El Torpedo

Islands Ski Mask

Oasis (What's The Story) Morning Glory?

All albums are amazing! I suggest you check them out if you haven't heard of these artists (if you haven't heard of Oasis, shame on you. Biggest, most successful band of the past 20 years)

My comics: Kazi's Comics 3.0

My music: T-MG Music

"And now for something completely different."

-- Monty Python

Ivan Torrent - Before I Leave This World, Human Legacy, Icarus, The Light Crusaders, Remember Me, The Power of Will, Forbidden Love.

Steam Powered Giraffe - Live at the Globe of Yesterday's Tomorrow.

Thomas Bergersen - Into Darkness.

Violet UK - Blue Butterfly.

X Japan - Blue Blood.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

In Absentia by Porcupine Tree, Worship Music by Anthrax, and the 10th anniversary edition of Last Fair Deal Gone Down by Katatonia

edit: got the digital deluxe edition of Extol's self-titled

edit 2: got Remission and a physical copy of Blood Mountain, thus completing my Mastodon collection, and ordered the special tour edition of Night Is the New Day by Katatonia

edit 3: ordered the 2006 remastered edition of Brave Murder Day, thus completing my Katatonia collection

edit 4: picked up End of Disclosure by Hypocrisy

edit 5: ordered The Arrival by Hypocrisy

Edited by Ryuujin

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on a pay-what-you-want digital music spree of late, especially after finding out that Deep Elm Records has their entire digital catalogue set to pay-what-you-want.

• The Appleseed Cast: The End of the Ring Wars, Mare Vitalis, Low Level Owl, Vol. 1, Low Level Owl, Vol. 2, and Lost Songs
  • Athletics: Why Aren't I Home?, Stop Torturing Yourself, and Who You Are Is Not Enough
  • Cari Clara: Miniature American Model Society and It's Our Hearts They're After
  • Clair De Lune: Marionettes
  • Desoto Jones: Aurora and Shapeshifter
  • Les Sages: Share This and Blood Harmony
  • Lewis: Even So
  • Lights & Motion: Reanimation, Save Your Heart, and Unreleased
  • Our Lost Infantry: The New Art History
  • Papermoons: No Love
  • Pop Unknown: If Arsenic Fails, Try Algebra
  • Public Radio: "Forgot Love"
  • The Sky Life: Dimes & Discourses, Lights and Electricity, Roots and Wings, and Caves
  • The World Is a Beautiful Place...: Whenever, If Ever (apparently this is now pay-what-you-want on Bandcamp; I don't know when the change happened, but it did, and I am stoked)
Edited by Legolover-361

Preordered Gus G's I am The Fire.

The only other thing I bought new recently was Dream Theater's self titled, but I did go to the local CD store recently and buy up all their Metallica. :D Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, Garage Inc. I already had the Black Album, Justice for All and Load.

Edited by dragonzrmetal

Scattered Ashes: A Decade of Emperial Wrath by Emperor

And All That Could Have Been by Nine Inch Nails

The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails

Longhena by Gridlink

In The Wee Small Hours by Frank Sinatra

My Favorite Things by John Coltrane

The Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers

Satanica by Behemoth

Thief OST by Luc St. Pierre

Rabies by Skinny Puppy

Cleanse Fold and Manipulate by Skinny Puppy

Defenders of the Faith by Judas Priest

Also backed Devin Townsend's PledgeMusic campaign for Casualties of Cool, which acts as a pre-order of the limited edition 2-CD digipak of the album.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Vinyl:

-Discipline by King Crimson

-Kaleidoscope by Transatlantic

-Brave by Marillion

CD:

-Last Fair Deal Gone Down by Katatonia

-Broken Crown Halo by Lacuna Coil

Edited by The Xinlo

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

the limited edition vinyl box set of Transatlantic's "Kaleidoscope", as well as the extremely rare vinyl release of Marillion's "Brave", featuring alternate endings on side 4. That awesome member above up there sent me their old copy of Katatonia's "Last fair Deal Gone Down" CD in addition, so that was great.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Just got My Little Pony - Songs of Ponyville on iTunes.

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~