Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

Picked up the soundtracks for The Matrix, Star Trek (reboot), and 300.

The Matrix had one excellent song (Clubbed to Death) and it was one I already listened to; I thought the rest of the soundtrack would have similar music, but I was wrong and disappointed. Some songs are okay, but others I altogether skipped.

Star Trek had one part of one song that was of interest, the rest of it was boring to tears and annoyingly repetitive. I thought people said that John Carter sounded like this: well obviously it is lacking the soul that John Carter has. It is great music to the movie while watching, but not to listen to by itself.

300 is an epic masterpiece of epic music, and I like every single song in it. Movie may be historically inaccurate, but the music is fantastic. This has a permanent place in my music library.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

My parcel came in today. Got Battlecry, by TSFH. Let the epic inspiration commence! And it has 2 discs, so double the goosebumps.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

bought How Do You Feel Now? by Joywave and ordered Before the Dawn Heals Us by M83, and also got The Color Before the Sun by Coheed and Cambria since it was 99 cents on Google Play

I know it's okay now but I'm having trouble getting used to double-posting like this. it just feels wrong after all this time

went to a record store today, got enough vinyl for like the next year and a half

Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

Weezer - Blue + Pinkerton, both original master recordings

Modest Mouse - Lonesome Crowded West + Moon & Antarctica, Glacial Pace reissues

Queens Of The Stone Age - Self-Titled + Era Vulgaris

edit: Elliott Smith - Self-Titled

i may have missed one or two

will edit when not exhausted

Edited by Johnny Truant

only in dreams.

• 2 weeks later...

bought Terminal Redux by Vektor. I keep seeing it hailed as one of the greatest metal albums of the past few decades, in particular "the best thrash album since Rust in Peace". time to see if it lives up to the hype.

Let us know how it is; I've been thinking of picking it up. ^^

Edited by Bambi

bought Terminal Redux by Vektor. I keep seeing it hailed as one of the greatest metal albums of the past few decades, in particular "the best thrash album since Rust in Peace". time to see if it lives up to the hype.

Let us know how it is; I've been thinking of picking it up. ^^

I'm halfway through the last track and it friggin slays. def one of the best metal albums I've heard this year

Edited by Chelsea Wolfe

^good stuff. now drop $25 importing the Beyond the Infinite EP from Japan and get back to me

Thought about it, but I'm gonna hold off on that for a bit longer. Or until I can find it a little cheaper, which probably won't be happening.

yeah that's not gonna happen. it's still the same price now as it was when I bought it back in September, and it pretty much stayed the same price from when it was released until then.