Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

got Take to the Skies, Common Dreads, A Flash Flood of Colour, and the Rat Race EP by Enter Shikari.

no shame, no regrets.

EDIT 12/10/13: got The Rebirth of Tragedy by Twelve Tribes and the digital version of Propaganda by Aftershock

EDIT 12/12/13: got Gutter Phenomenon and New Junk Aesthetic by Every Time I Die, Winter Kills by DevilDriver, and Equilibrium by God Forbid (yay buy-3-get-1-free sales on used stuff)

EDIT 12/13/13: got Wrongdoers by Norma Jean

Edited by Ryuujin

• 2 weeks later...

Was fortunate enough to acquire a pan flute and a kalimba today. Making rather better progress with the kalimba than the pan flute, owing to semi-questionable construction on the flute - the components have a slight tendency to slide within their restraints, and need a dab of glue.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"My Little Pony: Songs of Friendship and Magic" by Daniel Ingram.

"Star Trek Into Darkness" by Michael Giacchino.

"Amaranthine" by Enya.

"Christmas Peace - Special Edition" by Elvis Presley.

"The Lion King - Special Edition"

"St. Elsewhere" by Gnarls Barkley.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

picked up 13 Songs and Red Medicine by Fugazi and Leviathan by Mastodon (on CD, finally)

update: ordered No Heroes by Converge and Darker Handcraft by Trap Them

update 2: ordered Petitioning the Empty Sky by Converge, thus completing my collection (until I inevitably break down and order Caring & Killing and Unloved & Weeded Out) nvm, the seller cancelled my order and refunded me because apparently the CD wasn't in as good condition as they thought it was. guess I'll have to wait for another inexpensive copy to come along and re-order it later.

update 3: ordered the Adolescents' self-titled album and now I think I'll stop spending xmas money for a while because I've burned through over $70 in a week

update 4: picked up Kvelertak's self-titled album on CD and Sentenced to Life by Black Breath

Edited by Ryuujin

Visited the record store near my university for the first time in a few weeks and picked up the limited edition of Volta by Björk (brand new and sealed for £3) and Kveikur by Sigur Rós.

update 4: picked up Kvelertak's self-titled album on CD and Sentenced to Life by Black Breath

All the <3s. Those are so good.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

yup, good to finally have Kvelertak on CD after owning it digitally for so long

speaking of which, bought a digital copy of Climax by Beastmilk because the CD was too pricey

excellent album, some of the best post-punk/gothic rock to come out in recent years and sporting production by Kurt Ballou to boot

I personally don't listen to much, let alone purchase, music. That said, for Christmas, my cousin sent me several CD's, including KT Tunstall's Eye to the Telescope, Invisible Empire, and U2's How to Defuse an Atomic Bomb.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey by Howard Shore

Welcome Reality by Nero

Game of Thrones Season 1 by Ramin Djawadi

The Voyage Vol. 1 by Sebastian Komor

Swoon by Silversun Pickups

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

managed to snag myself a used CD copy of the West German Fiction/Polydor pressing of Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me by The Cure in fairly good condition today

speaking of which, The Cure’s Greatest Hits is currently on sale for $3.99 on AmazonMP3

everyone who likes good music and doesn't have anything by The Cure needs to buy that

Fugazi - 13 Songs

Fugazi - Repeater + 3 Songs

Fugazi - Steady Diet Of Nothing

Fugazi - In On The Kill Taker

Fugazi - Red Medicine

im super into fugazi

yes good

edit: hey ryu i <3 the breakfast club and allison

yes good

got Sex, Love and Rock 'n' Roll by Social Distortion

edit: ordered Faith by The Cure, now all I need are The Top, The Head on the Door, Wild Mood Swings, and 4:13 Dream and my collection will be complete

Edited by Ryuujin