Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

Ordered Shotgun Messiah by Shotgun Messiah.

Also saw The Black Swan by Story of the Year for really cheap and decided to pick it up purely for nostalgia's sake.

To my surprise as I listen to it now, I actually still kind of genuinely like it, even ignoring the nostalgia. I'm finding this experience pretty weird.

Edited by Ghost of Romance

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Amazon had a $5 digital album sale :o

So I got City by Strapping Young Lad, Ocean Machine: Biomech by Devin Townsend, Serpents Unleashed by Skeletonwitch and Elements of the Infinite by Allegaeon.

I've been sporadically buying albums from the sale for the past couple weeks, I've dropped $50 on it altogether so far. I normally prefer to stick to hard copies as much as possible but a sale that huge is hard to pass up, especially when a lot of the albums are way cheaper than they'd be in any physical format.

really excellent selection of albums you got there, too.

Amazon had a $5 digital album sale :o

So I got City by Strapping Young Lad, Ocean Machine: Biomech by Devin Townsend, Serpents Unleashed by Skeletonwitch and Elements of the Infinite by Allegaeon.

I've been sporadically buying albums from the sale for the past couple weeks, I've dropped $50 on it altogether so far. I normally prefer to stick to hard copies as much as possible but a sale that huge is hard to pass up, especially when a lot of the albums are way cheaper than they'd be in any physical format.

really excellent selection of albums you got there, too.

Yeah thanks!  I tend to stream a lot of my music with Google Music, though whenever I can I try to buy albums.  And yes, $5 for an album is too much for me to pass up.  I do intend on buying CDs, though.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

bought Ocean Machine: Biomech, Terria, and Ziltoid the Omniscient by Devin Townsend, Addicted and Deconstruction by Devin Townsend Project, and Accelerated Evolution by The Devin Townsend Band

call me crazy, just a hunch, but I suspect I may be a Devin Townsend fan

Edited by Ryuujin
  • Upvote 1

Ordered a copy of Dark Space III I by Darkspace.

bought Ocean Machine: Biomech, Terria, and Ziltoid the Omniscient by Devin Townsend, Addicted and Deconstruction by Devin Townsend Project, and Accelerated Evolution by The Devin Townsend Band

call me crazy, just a hunch, but I suspect I may be a Devin Townsend fan

DevyApproves_zpsenqflkx5.gif

• Upvote 1

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

I saw Chthonic live once, they were pretty fantastic.

Anyway, to the topic at hand...

BoA - Fly

BoA - Tail of Hope

BoA - Only One

BoA - Disturbance

Comediva - Klingon Style

Ivan Torrent - Reverie: The Compilation

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

FYE had a bunch of brand new copies of Cynic's Traced in Air album for $1.50 each so I got one

edit: bought Resplendent Grotesque by Code and Raven Kings by Engel

edit 2: bought Internal Affairs by The Night Flight Orchestra

edit 3: bought Time and Trauma by 36 Crazyfists and The Singularity (Phase 1: Neohumanity) by Scar Symmetry

edit 4: ordered Medusa by Clan of Xymox

Edited by Ziltoid the Omniscient
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered One One One by Shining.

Edit: Also ordered The Dresden Dolls by The Dresden Dolls.

Edit 2: Judgment Day: Ordered The Great Cold Distance by Katatonia.

Edit 3: With a Vengeance: Maybe it doesn't necessarily count as a musical purchase, but I picked up The Opheliac Companion by Emilie Autumn, which is an in-depth commentary on her Opheliac album.

Edit 4: Resurrection: Went ahead and ordered Multi Kontra Culti vs. Irony by Gogol Bordello.

Edited by Ghost of Romance

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

Ordered We Are the Others by Delain.

Was buying a book and needed to spend £3 more to get free shipping (the shipping itself would have been £3.30), and this album seemed like the most appealing option at that price point. I may not really be into this kind of symphonic metal anymore, but it's still miles better than buying a Korn album or something.

Edit: Also ordered Lost in Reverie by Peccatum. Already ordered a copy quite a while ago, but it got lost in the post and I never bothered trying to get another one, so it's time I got around to it.

Edited by Emilie Autumn

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___