Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

after 2 hours of talking with Amazon support because my order was failing to process for reasons still unbeknownst to them, I finally bought Cold Inferno by Disarmonia Mundi, End vs. Beginning by Rise to Fall, and Black Bride by Gyze

on a related note Disarmonia Mundi's mastermind Ettore Rigotti just added me as a friend on Last.fm

Brave New World's an excellent album. All the newer maiden albums are great.

I agree, except for Dance of Death. I definitely think that album was alright, not great. Brave New World & A Matter of Life and Death are both phenomenal though! :D (haven't listened to Final Frontier yet).

In other news, I'm still waiting for my copy of Everblack by Mercenary to arrive. Is it just me, or EVERY amazon order I make, the CD I want most takes an unnecessarily long amount of time compared to the other ones in the order?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I agree, except for Dance of Death. I definitely think that album was alright, not great. Brave New World & A Matter of Life and Death are both phenomenal though! :D (haven't listened to Final Frontier yet).

funnily enough Final Frontier and Dance Of Death are my two favourites lol. Both the others are excellent but I feel they drag on a bit too long. Plus Dance Of Death has Paschendale which is possibly the best Maiden song ever.

anyway I just ordered two Haken albums, their most recent studio album "The Mountain" on cassette and the new EP "Restoration" on vinyl. Normally wouldn't pay so much or go nuts over an EP, but Restoration is almost album length and is their best material to date IMO.

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

funnily enough Final Frontier and Dance Of Death are my two favourites lol. Both the others are excellent but I feel they drag on a bit too long. Plus Dance Of Death has Paschendale which is possibly the best Maiden song ever.

I'm quite fond of the songs "For the Greater Good of God", "The Thin Line Between Love and Hate", and "These Colours Don't Run". I will agree/admit that AMoLaD goes on a little too long; I don't care much for the final 2 songs.

In other news, Everblack by Mercenary finally arrived and it's probably the most raw powered album from them. I also picked up Heroes by Sabaton for no reason at all :P

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Dark Before Dawn by Breaking Benjamin

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

"No Place In Heaven" by Mika. great album.

E8c8QpP.jpg

Is it worth getting? I'm a fan of the band, but I haven't actually felt like buying it yet. I've heard Failure and a couple other songs, but I'm not sure how worth it the album is.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Is it worth getting? I'm a fan of the band, but I haven't actually felt like buying it yet. I've heard Failure and a couple other songs, but I'm not sure how worth it the album is.

It's as good (or as bad) as anything else they've done, IMO. I guess it depends on your opinion of the band but I enjoyed it, with the exception of a boring song or two.

E8c8QpP.jpg

I bought "Hot Pants (I'm Coming, Coming, I'm Coming)" by Bobby Byrd off of the iTunes Store a few weeks ago. I first heard it in the movie "Snatch" (rated R, kids) and it was so catchy. And I bought the Guardians of the Galaxy Deluxe album for my sister's birthday earlier this month. She loves that movie.

I also made a ringtone from it, too, and assigned it to people I know to answer the phone quickly for. :D

I want those Legends of Chima soundtracks as well. I plan to buy those as soon as I can. :)

Edited by The Night's King

The Night King's BIONICLE 2.0 Collection
Toa Masters: [IIIIII] Toa Uniters: [IIIIII] Protectors: [IIIIII] Creatures: [IIIIII] Mask Maker: [II] Shadow Spawn: [III] Umarak: [II]
Kulta's Horde: [II]

"...The cold winds shall rise, and the dead shall rise with them..."

"And all the world shall feel... our... FREEZE!"

Pre-ordered Underworld by Symphony X and ordered Meredead by Leaves' Eyes. I was recently at a rock camp and bought 2 Manic Drive CD's and got all the members of said band to sign both CD booklets :D

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

-"Magpies EP" by The Magpies

-"Super Trouper" by ABBA on vinyl

-"Of Sculptured Ivy And Stony Flowers" by Novembers Doom

E8c8QpP.jpg

the remastered digibook edition of Opeth's "Still Life"

E8c8QpP.jpg