Official Recent Musical Purchases Thread

kongutohunga

just bought a ton of vinyl. got Loma Prieta's I.V., Touche Amore's Parting The Sea Between Brightness And Me, Give Up The Ghost/American Nightmare's We're Down 'Til We're Underground, and Hot Water Music's Caution. Plus the newest 7"s from Single Mothers, DNF, and Black God. good stuff

Edited by pls respond
nhsYE.jpg

Memphis May Fire's Challenger album. I purchased it about a month or so ago, but I just received it in the mail today. I had heard the whole album long before I got my CD in the mail, but I'm super glad I have my hands on a physical copy of the album.

“Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” - Unknown

"You can get her all the chocolates and roses you want, but a woman will never forget her first wheel of cheese." - Puff

I checked out thirteen albums from a local library yesterday. Yes, yesterday as in Friday the thirteenth. I don't know how the coincidence came to be, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to fall.

• Abbey Road by The Beatles
  • Hard Candy and Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings by Counting Crows
  • Under the Iron Sea by Keane
  • Minutes to Midnight (censored version) by Linkin Park
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring film score by Howard Shore
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King film score by Howard Shore
  • Room for Squares by John Mayer
  • (What's the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis
  • Give Up by The Postal Service
  • Lovestrong by Christina Perri
  • Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones film score by John Williams
  • My Private Nation by Train

Rush's "Hemispheres", and Yes' "Fragile".

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Styx's "Cornerstone" on vinyl for $2. cool.png

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

got a few things at warped last weekSkipping Stone 7" - TransitThe View, The Life 7" - Polar Bear ClubEven On The Worst Nights [LP] - MixtapesHostage Calm - Hostage Calmall good, though i recommend never buying vinyl at warped. the mixtapes lp is bent (still plays though) and the transit 7" is messed up on the A side

nhsYE.jpg

went on a bit of a shopping spree yesterday, and an album I ordered also arrived in the mail.I got:- So Jealous by Tegan and Sara- Fire from the Sky [best Buy edition] by Shadows Fall- At the Gate of Sethu by Nile- Slave Design by Sybreed- With Oden on Our Side by Amon Amarth- Catch Thirtythree by Meshuggah- ObZen by Meshuggah- Starve for the Devil by Arsis- Novella of Uriel by Blood Has Been Shedand I'm hoping to order The Con by Tegan and Sara later tonight.

Edited by Orino Ryuujin

I have a bunch of acquisitions:

• Showbiz by Muse
  • Alligator by The National
  • Daughtry by Daughtry
  • We Have the Facts and We're Voting Yes and Codes and Keys by Death Cab for Cutie
  • The Battle for Everything by Five for Fighting
  • Single: "Drive" by Incubus

Thanks to The National and Death Cab for Cutie, I finally have indie rock in my musical collection. I am satisfied.

Edited by Legolover-361

Joanna Newsom's The Milk-Eyed Mender. I just love songs on the harp and she does it so beautifully! I'm not the biggest fan because the music can become very unattractive on some tracks. My favorite songs are most definitely songs where the focus is on the harp and her eccentric vocals aren't stealing the focus.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Ritual by The Black Dahlia Murder
so good <3
it really is.which leads me into my next purchase - got Nocturnal by The Black Dahlia Murder on sale at FYE.the disc is off-balance a bit (causing an irritating buzzing noise in my disc drive), but ah well.. once I get it copied over and imported onto my iPod, that hardly matters.

• 2 weeks later...

bought some new stuff today from FYE and AmazonMP3I got:- Dead End Kings by Katatonia- Hatebreeder [2008 Reissue] by Children of Bodom- Beyond the Permafrost by Skeletonwitch- Breathing the Fire by Skeletonwitch- Forever Abomination by Skeletonwitchall in all, a very good day. ADDENDUM 9/1/12: also picked up Follow the Reaper by Children of Bodom yesterday

Edited by Orino Ryuujin

I managed to catch the tail end of Amazon's massive five-dollar-digital-album deal yesterday and bought a few:

• Plans by Death Cab for Cutie
  • Tales from Topographic Oceans by Yes
  • Clockwork Angels by Rush
  • Les Friction by Les Friction

Les Friction wasn't on sale, but considering the album had both vocal and instrumental versions of the songs, and that the other three albums were on sale, I couldn't resist.

Edited by Legolover-361