German Loot

Flintsmith

Experimenting here...Can we all play nicely?

So, I won the German auction with sealed Hunas and other cool stuff.  It's been shipped to my Proxy and it'll get here eventually.  

I made a Google Docs spreadsheet of the stuff I don't put at the top of my list.  (I reserve the cereal ad, two sealed Huna and two mini-comics)  The rest is up for grabs.

Google Docs Spreadsheet  supposedly editable by anyone with that link.

Go there and put your name in the Bidder column and your bid in the Bid column.  If there's a previous bidder, copy their bid and name into the "Previous" columns first.  If there are multiples of the item, be sure to replace the lowest bidder.

At the bottom is a total of all the bids.  If the total is over $120, fikou92 gets a bid-credit of $20, for it's he who found the treasure. That's $120 including his bids.  (I'm estimating my costs here and I'm a little unsure how this is going to go, but I think $20 is right). Thanks fikou!

This is an experiment and we have a while before the stuff gets to me so try to be calm.

Nothing is binding here, of course, because anyone could type anything into the spreadsheet.  

+ shipping of course.  I also reserve the right to remove items from the auction if someone has a better idea. (also, if those are Cereal CDs I'm keeping one or both)

Edited by Flintsmith

This is an interesting way of doing things. I've put some starting bids in, but I'll mention here as well that I'm interested only in a sealed Huna and the red binder.

Hopefully we can organize this so that everyone gets at least some of what they want, rather than it being disproportionately distributed.

-Letagi

Hey, congratulations on winning that treasure. Thanks for having me in mind, but don't worry about me, i'm happy knowing someone from this page got this great stuff. By the way, that cd's are not powerpack ones, these are the 2 nesquick promotionals (i have them too, so i know how they look), they are very rare in the US.

And that red binder could be a great find; i believe the second word reads "Wilkommen" and the last words are a link to the bionicle website.

These prices are in USD correct? Also Do we have any idea what is in the red Binder?

Edited by Mask collector

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Yes, $.

Those are just suggested starting prices.  You want to bid less?  Go for it.  At some point the total will be enough and I'll end it.  If you're on the list, you get what you bid on.  Otherwise not.

Thanks Fikou for the good news about the CDs.  They're definitely off the list!

Do you recognize that Pakari?  Was it printed on the side of a cereal box?

Edited by Flintsmith

• 2 weeks later...

Put my name down for a few things, definitely want one of those sealed Hunas!

>SO<

WANTED:

Got rare bionicle collectables? Ask me what I'll give you for them

STANDING OFFERS FOR RARE COLLECTABLES:

$250 for a White Huna

$250 for a Yellow Ruru

$250 for a Brown Komau

$100 for Metru Blue Matatu

Kraata -  Wild Kraata

- all prices open to reasonable negotiation -

qs20113.jpg
qs20113.jpg

It's a thing called a "silent auction".   In the real world a number of articles are laid out on a series of tables, side by side.  Each item has a sheet of paper next to it with a brief description and a starting bid.  Interested people walk around the tables writing their bids on the paper below the previous bids.  The exact ending time is not known.   People walk back and forth around the tables bidding on the items they want the most.  When the bell rings whoever has the high bid on each item wins that item.

In the real world it has interesting geometry effects.  You can't physically get to all the items at the same time.  The tables are set up around the room.  You wind up standing near the item you want the most so you can raise your bid if you need to.  It makes it so everyone gets a chance at something.  I don't know how to replicate this.  Something like a "1 bid per 15 minutes" would do it but it's too hard to do.

I will end it at a random time between 4 and 5 days after I get the package and post better photos of the items.  Maybe sooner if the bids are high enough.

The package I got yesterday was a false alarm.  Just some bricks.

• Upvote 1

Any chance you'd be willing to part with the Kakama/Komau in the photo as well? Also curious about the Quest for the Masks card, when it arrives and you can see it.

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Any chance you'd be willing to part with the Kakama/Komau in the photo as well? Also curious about the Quest for the Masks card, when it arrives and you can see it.

Sure.  Start them at a dollar each.

Back in the day we played the card game and had multiple copies of all the cards.

(except that one.  What was it? Card 400 Black Hau??)  Somewhere I have an entire TRU

event box of Bohrok Awake promo card packs.  P1, P2 and P3 Gahlok cards with alternative art.

I don't see them on Bricklink.

I have not received the box but the total's right so 

ENDING TOMORROW

Sure.  Start them at a dollar each.

Back in the day we played the card game and had multiple copies of all the cards.

(except that one.  What was it? Card 400 Black Hau??)  Somewhere I have an entire TRU

event box of Bohrok Awake promo card packs.  P1, P2 and P3 Gahlok cards with alternative art.

I don't see them on Bricklink.

I have not received the box but the total's right so

Appreciate it. :)

Yeah, I've got the 3 starter decks (still play with one, keep the others sealed fr now). Always felt like the art was a pretty unique look into the universe. Didn't know they sold Bohrok Awake cards outside of McDonalds.

Either way, definitely curious to see which card it is. Such an odd assortment of items, either way, ha.

-----------------

ENDED

Sealed Huna   10   25 Letagi Sealed Huna   10   20 Iruini Nuva Sealed Huna   10   20 Toa Lhikan Hordika copper Huna   3   3 shadowonua copper Huna   3   3 Ta-Metru_Defender copper Huna   3   3 Iruini Nuva copper Huna   3   3 -TD- copper Huna   3   3 Iruini Nuva micro comic   2   2 Mask Collector micro comic   2   5 Toa Lhikan Hordika micro comic   2   2 shadowonua micro comic   2   2 Iruini Nuva micro comic   2   2 -TD- Bionicle Sign   2   2 shadowonua Red Binder   10   15 Letagi Paper Pakari   6   5 Flintsmith Zamors & box   2       Blue Kakama   1   1.25 Iruini Nuva Lt. Grey Komau   1   1.25 Iruini Nuva Mata Set sun damage to containers 25       Tahu sets include posters seen         Lewa at bottom as appropriate         Gali           Kopaka yellowed?         Pohatu           Onua           Mata Mini CD   4   5 Toa Lhikan Hordika Mata Mini CD   3       Mata Mini CD   3       Onewa   4       Hahli   4   4 Iruini Nuva

edit: When I pasted that in it looked like a table

Edited by Flintsmith
  • Upvote 2

It's HERE!!!

On my initial inspection everything looks great except Hali is sunburnt.  There's discoloration on her arms and body.

The red binder might be a fail too.  It's color printouts of a Lego.com Bionicle website.  Printed in 2001 though.

I'll pack things up and get some weights.  I'll need some zip codes for calculations, then Paypal. 

The red binder might be a fail too.  It's color printouts of a Lego.com Bionicle website.  Printed in 2001 though.

Ah well, at least I'm only paying $15 for it. :P

I won't hold you to that.  I could mail it and you value it later or I could just trash it now.

Here's an interesting bit:  My son typed the german from the microcomic into GoogleTranslate.  

You know how it is with GT, but it's pretty clear that the Toa were intended to search out all 12 colors of the kanohi.

Edited by Flintsmith

Very exciting! Shame about the sun damage and the binder.

I always liked to imagine that they did seek out a full great + noble set and that the lore just glossed over it for the sake of pacing. :)

-----------------

Ah well, at least I'm only paying $15 for it. :P

Glad to hear everything made it safely.

-Letagi

It's still a good item. You can remember 2001 with it :P . Wayback Machine can't go before NOV 19 2002.