So I always wanted t build a Protector themed off of the golden Skull Spider mask, I think I did pretty well.

dscf03392.jpg

Front

Action pose

Behind the cloak

I also wanted to implement a way for him to hide his more ominous features, so I came up with this disguise idea where his arms fold up and the masks change.

dscf03422.jpg

Definitely not a monster

Action pose again

Everything's hidden on the back

I also found his back useful for holding studs.

Gallery

It's a much more simple build that what I usually go for, but I didn't really see anything more to add to this model without overcomplicating it.

Edited by The Invisible Noob
  • Upvote 9

This is a good MoC overall. No clustered detail, good build for the size and good personality. The use of the cape is great, as it is torn and goes well with the character and concept. The color scheme is also great, having colors that I'd associate with Skull Spiders, while also showing the possibility that this character is affiliated with Makuta due to the inclusion of gold and purple.

There's nothing that I don't like about it. It's just a really neat creation. Well done, The Invisible Noob.

hmmmm, I like it! Maybe I'll try my hand at a clean design too.

COMING SOON, UPDATED PROTECTOR OF ICE

Protectors of Generations Past!

ICE, FIRE, WATER - http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18021-mod-protectors-of-fire-ice-and-water/

EARTH                   -  http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/18035-mod-protectors-of-generations-past-earth/

group%20circle%20protector.png

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Spooky! And the color scheme is very exciting. The arm folding feature reminds me of Brutaka from 2006, though obviously at a much smaller scale!

This is a good MoC overall. No clustered detail, good build for the size and good personality. The use of the cape is great, as it is torn and goes well with the character and concept. The color scheme is also great, having colors that I'd associate with Skull Spiders, while also showing the possibility that this character is affiliated with Makuta due to the inclusion of gold and purple.

There's nothing that I don't like about it. It's just a really neat creation. Well done, The Invisible Noob.

I like the idea of a "disguise". Adds some depth to this character.

Nice build. It really doesn't need any more detail. I feel like this community sometimes forgets the "keep it simple" principle.  :shrugs:

Deciding the colour scheme was quite during the early stages of the build, I knew it was going to have gold and metallic grey in it's colour scheme but I couldn't base a model on those two colours alone. First I had considered using more metallic and regular grey's, but that colour scheme looked a bit boring. It's when I chose to use trans purple for the upper leg's and arms that everything started really to fall into place. Tbh having similar colours to Makuta was a fortunate coincidence.

The cape influenced a lot of the model when I saw how cool it looked and what it could do for it's design. With the cape I realized I could hide Protector of Skull Spider's extra arms and skull spider mask, so I changed the design to look more like an actual protector figure.That torn cape changed a generic skull spider villain into a menacing figure hidden in plain sight.

hmmmm, I like it! Maybe I'll try my hand at a clean design too.

The best part of keeping to simple clean design's is that they fit in very well with the Bionicle reboot's aesthetic. I find it's easier to work colour schemes on simple models as well.

I like this one a lot. The camouflage idea behind it (him?) is intriguing, and the execution is solid, as the color scheme. Capes are always appreciated, and the staff is very original.

Capes are pretty much my favourite part's. It's one of the few pieces that can get me to buy several copies of a set just for more capes.

As for the staff I put a lot of thought in it. I wanted it to have an unique shape so I selected black ccbs pieces that would blend together into an asymmetrical shape.

Edited by The Invisible Noob