LEGO Bionicle Facebook Page Posts Gali Artwork

In celebration of summer, the LEGO Bionicle Facebook page posted a painting by set designer Matt Betteker. In it, Gali, Master of Water, swims amidst the ruins beneath the seas of Okoto, channeling elemental energy through her hands and attracting the attention of curious sea life. The artist's style really brings the Gali set to life, and it's great to see that the creativity of the Bionicle design team extends beyond the products we see on store shelves!

View the full article

• Upvote 4

Beautiful artwork, hope to see more of it in the future. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

On one hand, streamlined armor!  On the other, her mask looks more masculine now.  :/

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

That's some absolutely incredible artwork! I love the aesthetic, and the way Gali's armor is stylized, and the more streamlined form. The Nuva Cube is a neat little reference as well.

Here's hoping we get more art in this style!

~B~

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm loving the Nuva Cube references. We had Lewa's one on the Happy Easter picture, and now we've seen Gali's. There will probably be more. 

Anyway, great artwork overall. I like the inclusion of fish. It gives me something to compare Gali with in terms of scale and style.

• Upvote 2

That is a beautiful piece of art!:D It's interesting that she is in the water in ancient ruins beneath Okoto and there is her Nuva symbol in this majestic picture.:) She looks like that she is using her elemental powers without her Golden Mask. Just her regular blue Mask.

Anyway, I hope we'll get more of these for the other Toa, too because this is fabulous!:D

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

:) She looks like that she is using her elemental powers without her Golden Mask. Just her regular blue Mask.

Yeah, I never noticed that. It may just be an artistic choice, however. Azure-blue looks better in a water environment than gold, in my opinion.

Why do people continue to assume that the Toa can't use their elemental powers without the golden masks? You would think that the "Mask of Water" would include some degree of control over water, no? I could've sworn we'd seen some story info that stated that the golden masks only allow for greater control over elements...

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Amazing artwork and awesome of them to include the nuva symbol as a bit of an easter egg

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...