wanted... new bionicle 2015 gold mask/s **not the plastic ones**

Darkchampion

Yes, I am nuts. If someone is willing to part with their newly acquired gold mask, I believe I would love to buy it from them. I do have preference in specific masks, but seeing they are rare, I would take any. I only expect I would get one, if I even get any chance at them. I don't have anything specific in mind. But if you are willing to consider parting, I would love to attempt to work something out.

*edit*
I may not have thought things though.  I probably shouldn't, as I can't afford as much as I thought.  So just ignore this post.

Edited by Xenock

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but your best chance at owning one of the gold masks is to win the Mask of Creation, however it may be distributed in the future.

Of the winners of the other seven, only two are BZPers, and you won't have any luck convincing either of them to sell theirs. Keep in mind that people entered the contests these were given out via because they wanted the masks, not because they saw an opportunity for profit.

And if, by some stroke of luck, you find someone willing to sell, you should expect to pay at least $5000, or trade something of equal or greater value - meaning a 2001 gold Hau or the platinum Avohkii.

I know it's disappointing, but it's reality. And none of this is to say that these won't ever be available; check back in five or ten years. But for now, asking people to sell is unreasonable.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi
  • Upvote 2

It is definitely cool having something unique, or close to unique. Check out Flintsmith's topic in this forum if you haven't already; he acquired a number of old German promotional items and is selling most of them. There's nothing as flashy as a gold mask, but clearly everything is much more affordable. :P And if it's metal masks that interest you particularly, Flintsmith is also your guy; he's been making high-quality replicas for years. I believe he usually charges $50-$100 per mask.

And check the B/S/T forum and the Official eBay Auctions Topic regularly; if something unique shows up for sale, you'll hear about it.

-Letagi

I would say that the new masks are worth $1000 maybe a Max of $1500. Just to keep it short and simple

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I would say that the new masks are worth $1000 maybe a Max of $1500. Just to keep it short and simple

I'd say more. A gold Hau from 2001 sells for upwards of $5000, and there were 30 of those made. The 2015 gold masks are newer and perhaps less desirable, but they're all one-of-a-kinds.

-Letagi

• 3 weeks later...