MOC: G2 Umbra

G2 Umbra

17943152324_73441a8052_c.jpg

A revamp of the 2006 Bionicle set, Umbra. I was always enthralled by the original's design, and wanted to see how well it'd translate to the modern, CCBS style. Note that he even has an adrenaline mode!

18565777855_f97e995e2c_c.jpg

Front, Adrenaline Mode

18379551889_07b86a9934_c.jpg

Back, Adrenaline Mode

18538926536_cee218bc6d_c.jpg

Standard configuration

18379476949_5414c7c186_c.jpg

Skeleton, Front

17944933023_0443720a4a_c.jpg

Skeleton, Back

18565556245_86af8de8a7_c.jpg

Skeleton, LW2 Gearbox

18379328029_7d525853a2_c.jpg

Skeleton, Upper Legs

17944785843_9dae0cb5a6_c.jpg

Rollerskate, Full

18560922152_93775ef967_c.jpg

Rollerskate, Chassis

17944607213_2e4199cf9a_c.jpg

Standard Configuration, Front

Thoughts? 

• Upvote 17

I like this. I like this a lot.

You've done a great job at modernizing the original Umbra's design and features, the adrenaline mode is a nice touch and the colors work much better with pearl gold replacing the keetorange, IMO.

EDIT: Would it be possible to get some pictures of the skeleton of the torso up close, sort of showing how the head and torso armor attaches? I've been scratching my brain trying to figure out a way.

Edited by Makuta of Metru Nui
  • Upvote 1

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

I know I've commented elsewhere on this magnificent re-imagining of Umbra, but I'll sum up what I said before.
It's awesome. I love the shaping that the gold spike parts create on the torso, and the shoulder-pads make him look very regal.
The gold and silver don't clash, they work with one another and with that lovely dark green (wish I had picked up Orgum when I had the chance), and. I really like the roller-skates. I still wish that the blades were red and blue like in the original set, but all in all... man. Give yourself another pat on the back. You deserve it :)

• Upvote 1

I love those roller-skates, very cool. Replacing the yellow with gold has also paid off well and looks better than the original model, and the trans green in a nice touch. I do like that the shoulders evoke the original Umbra very well. The torso and upper legs are excellent.

Overall it's an excellent model.

• Upvote 1

Umbra was -and still is - one of my favourite sets back then, regardless of what most people said about his color scheme. I'm in awe for the chest armor. I kinda miss the yellow, replaced by gold, but it's good nonetheless. Nice work on the rollerskates, too.

• Upvote 1

I was always a fan of the original Umbra set, and I'm happy to say that you definitely improved on all of the set's flaws with this revamp. The design is much more sleek, and I love the build of the legs and chest. I would definitely buy this if it happened to be an exclusive or something like that.

• Upvote 2

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

• 2 weeks later...