Karetao

18341146780_3757ac5900_c.jpg

Karetao was a powerful being from a bygone age of prosperousness and innovation. Well known for his invention dubbed “adaptive armour”, Karetao is revered by many as one of the greatest geniuses of his time. However, this great creator suffered a gruesome fate, when one of his creations, in a freak turn of events, rebelled against him and his team of scientists, killing them all.

Karetao carried the powerful Staff of Lightning, another of his incredible inventions. Interestingly, it utilises the elemental power of Water to generate micro-vibrations in the moisture in the air, ergo generating heat and electricity. This incredibly potent tool was not only regal in design, but also extremely useful for Karetao in his work.

He never revealed what the mask he wore was, or what powers it possessed.

17906152944_62a32114bf_c.jpg

Front

18526931062_db96dcd611_c.jpg

Back

18528909455_d935540432_c.jpg

Skeleton, Front

18341221760_091b61aff7_c.jpg

Skeleton, Back

17910655303_15583b05f2_c.jpg

Skeleton, Upper Leg

18530899951_d71223409a_c.jpg

Pose

Thoughts?

EDIT: Please note that the blue size 4 shells on Karetao's shoulders are derived from a third party set, and are not yet produced by the Lego group. Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Edited by Logan McOwen
  • Upvote 5

This guy looks cool. Really gives off the ancient yet advanced look. I particularly like how you've built him so he looks good from all angles, even from behind. The knee joint design is a nice touch as well.

And I read the profile for him. The power the staff has is a very creative way to generate lightning. So props to you for coming up with that one too.

• Upvote 1

Pk57sNJ.jpg

The two colours work together really well, but the big shoulder gears have such a different design that they are off-putting, and the mask colour is just a bit too far from metallic silver. 

Fair criticisms. It's a shame that the two shades of silver are so drastically different, and you aren't the first to comment on the gears.

I disagree with the gears, I really like them. It gives it the water aesthetic (since it uses water to generate lightning). I also really dig the leg design as well as the trident/spear thing...lol It's a great MoC, very cool looking. It kind of gives me a Poseidon vibe (I've been reading the Percy Jackson series, so maybe that's the only reason I see it).

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Thanks to all for the lovely comments!

Also, where did you get those blue 4-long CCBS shells?

I'm afraid those are not official Lego parts, but are actually from a third party set. Still of a reasonable level of quality however - I've bought a lot of XSZ's stuff for recoloured parts in the past, and it's all pretty good.