San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Mask Revealed

Wait a second, will they just be giving these out as with the Clear Hau last fall? Or is there a super duper seriously limited amount that they're like, raffling away? The description in the news story confuses me.

As it does me.

It does genuinely sound rarer than I think most are speculating right now. It's not being handed out freely. You have a chance of getting one, which doesn't explicitly mean there's relatively fewer of them compared to the last convention exclusive, but you could certainly interpret it that way.

If that is the case, it's definitely going to drive the after-market price on it up quite a lot. Which means my interest will likely be lost.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Wait a second, will they just be giving these out as with the Clear Hau last fall? Or is there a super duper seriously limited amount that they're like, raffling away? The description in the news story confuses me.

Since the masks will be given away the same way as the minifigures, I can assume that they will follow the same format: You get in line outside, on a patio of the conference building; you get up to the front; you show the LEGO employees your badge; you touch a button on a tablet, which gives you a 50-50 chance of getting the mask; If yes, you are handed the mask; if no, you leave, and cannot retry.

If I remember correctly, there are 1,750 of each minifig / mask. (Thank you, steelviper777)

Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Since the masks will be given away the same way as the minifigures, I can assume that they will follow the same format: You get in line outside, on a patio of the conference building; you get up to the front; you show the LEGO employees your badge; you touch a button on a tablet, which gives you a 50-50 chance of getting the mask; If yes, you are handed the mask; if no, you leave, and cannot retry.

If I remember correctly, there are about 400 of each minifig / mask.

400‽‽‽ Well then never mind, I guess I won't be getting this one, since it's 375 percent rarer than the clear hau. Man that blows, but I guess we can't all be winners.

Edit:This site says that last year there were 1,750 of each, where'd you get 400? http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/21/sdcc-details-on-legos-giveaway-method-for-their-exclusive-minifigs/

Edited by steelviper77

In honor of the anniversary, I'm making a signature. Neat.

If I remember correctly, there are about 400 of each minifig / mask.

400‽‽‽ Well then never mind, I guess I won't be getting this one, since it's 375 percent rarer than the clear hau. Man that blows, but I guess we can't all be winners.

Edit:This site says that last year there were 1,750 of each, where'd you get 400? http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/21/sdcc-details-on-legos-giveaway-method-for-their-exclusive-minifigs/

I got 400 from a really terrible memory. XP

Sorry for making you panic.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

It looks pretty cool, though I wish it was the skull grinder or basher mask. I'll try to pick it up

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

It looks pretty cool, though I wish it was the skull grinder or basher mask. I'll try to pick it up

Well, it...is the Basher mask? Scorpio and Basher have the same mask. Unless you mean, in his colors? Because if so, yeah I may have to agree with that, a trans bluish violet mask would be beautiful.

• Upvote 3

AXKP5KC.png

I'm well aware of that, I just dislike it when people give me the speech about how non-Americans should just go to the convention with a snap of a finger instead of giving voice to their disliking, because clearly it's much easier for someone from a different continent to just go there to an unfamiliar place and find the con in time(I mean it's really obvious isn't it?  But of course when the rare moment happens where Europe gets an exclusive either US fans have an uproar or it's quickly released in the US, making the European exclusive near pointless.). It just rubs me the wrong way when the blame is put on those who can't afford to just get on a plane and travel across the sea as if it was like taking a bus to another city.

Good Thing I'll be going to SDCC on Saturday.

Nobody asked it pal.

Nobody asked it pal.

Actually, if you look at earlier posts...

What a gorgeous piece. Is anyone on BZP going down there?

~B~

He didn't respond to the question directly, so it makes it look like just a humble brag instead of a reply to the question. Unless you can't see a half page worth of totally different comments, then yes, he directly responded.

Nobody asked it pal.

Actually, if you look at earlier posts...

What a gorgeous piece. Is anyone on BZP going down there?

~B~

He didn't respond to the question directly, so it makes it look like just a humble brag instead of a reply to the question. Unless you can't see a half page worth of totally different comments, then yes, he directly responded.

I think you're taking this whole thing a bit too personally. Probably a good idea to just step back and cool off.

• Upvote 5

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Even then, NOTHING about what he said makes it an inappropriate reply. We're talking about SDCC, somebody's going, how is a comment to that effect not relevant? You're the one who just started being inappropriate by snapping at somebody over something they said that isn't even directed at you.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris
  • Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

Mate, you need to calm down. Yes, you're in another country and can't go. Lots of people who are in the same country as SDCC can't go either. There's no need to complain about it and snap at people who are fortunate enough to be attending, and who may not even get one.
  • Upvote 8

Mate, you need to calm down. Yes, you're in another country and can't go. Lots of people who are in the same country as SDCC can't go either. There's no need to complain about it and snap at people who are fortunate enough to be attending, and who may not even get one.

I admit, I did lash out in a harsh way.  I like Bionicle exclusives as much as the next guy but something just triggers a bit of annoyance after reading the news and the related comments. :confused:

Ebay's a godsend when it comes to out-of-reach exclusives. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Except for when it's listed on Ebay already as "$199 ORDER NOW PREORDER EXCLUSIVE MASK" then the chances aren't that good. I do hope for more reasonable listings in the future (when it actually comes out) though.

Except for when it's listed on Ebay already as "$199 ORDER NOW PREORDER EXCLUSIVE MASK" then the chances aren't that good. I do hope for more reasonable listings in the future (when it actually comes out) though.

E-bay sellers can have some ridiculous prices(I still remember some people selling the Hero Pack for an outrages price just because they slapped, RARE EXCLUSIVE on it as a title), the mask pre-order started off at $240 or 250, at least the $500 for the Inside Tour trans-blue Gali mask, could be understood as the tour costs like $2000 or around that. But this is a public event, not some über-VIP thing, so let's hope the price drops a lot more. Somewhere between $30 and $50 perhaps, like with the Clear Hau.

• Upvote 1

If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up of the mask being below 80$. Considering the only way as of now is via a drawing, it's going to be even more rare than the NYCC mask.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

How did somebody get six of them already. o_O

A big group of people probably went into the raffle, winning and handing off six to the one person in the group who wanted to sell them. It is a raffle, so some kids might lose and some older folks may win. Still, it's a bit fishy that he got six.

Haha it seems so obvious now. Technically nothing wrong with that.. So either the raffle was leaning pretty heavily towards the winning side or people just kept getting very lucky.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

A big group of people probably went into the raffle, winning and handing off six to the one person in the group who wanted to sell them. It is a raffle, so some kids might lose and some older folks may win. Still, it's a bit fishy that he got six.

Haha it seems so obvious now. Technically nothing wrong with that.. So either the raffle was leaning pretty heavily towards the winning side or people just kept getting very lucky.

~|ET|~

I mean there were what, nearly 1800 of them? That's more than twice those given out at NYCC, and that was over four days.

That said, it's already down to 30ish on ebay. Even if it goes below that, I picked one up for 35. That's less than a Saturday ticket to SDCC would have cost me (and I wanted to go pretty badly, it's just a 20 minute drive away!)

I don't see this one going for a lot in the long run, which is good for those who want it!

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

I mean there were what, nearly 1800 of them? That's more than twice those given out at NYCC, and that was over four days.

That said, it's already down to 30ish on ebay. Even if it goes below that, I picked one up for 35. That's less than a Saturday ticket to SDCC would have cost me (and I wanted to go pretty badly, it's just a 20 minute drive away!)

I don't see this one going for a lot in the long run, which is good for those who want it!

Same price I just paid. Didn't take as long as I expected to see it start dropping. Even the ones that started bids low haven't seemed to rise that high yet. All around, you're right, things do look good for anyone interested in it.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

~|ET|~

Where did the value 1800 come from? I can't seem to make out numbering on the ones on eBay; was it mentioned elsewhere?

But that is very good news! I had expected the price to be much higher. Of course, I had thought that the total quantities would be much smaller as well.

~B~

Where did the value 1800 come from? I can't seem to make out numbering on the ones on eBay; was it mentioned elsewhere?

Kind of an extrapolation, but the last several years in a row have each had 1750 of each minifig given away at SDCC, as documented on several fansites. The assumption, and I make no bones about it, it is an assumption, is that the number is the same again this year, and is no different for the mask vs the figs. A lot of assumptions, but they seem pretty sound.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg