70751 Temple of Airjitzu Announced

70751_Temple_of_Airjitzu_Reveal_teaser.j

This Friday, July 10th, LEGO will be unveiling in person the latest LEGO Ninjago set at San Diego Comic Con. In advance of that, however, BZPower has the designer video, images, and the press release for 70751 Temple of Airjitzu. The set will be available to VIPs on August 18th, and be available to everyone else in September. Read on to check out this awesome two-thousand piece behemoth!

View the full article

• Upvote 4

This is the most beautiful set I've ever seen. I'm a huge fan of Japanese architecture, and the techniques they used to pull it off are just... brilliant. Then they added twelve Ninjago minifigures with plenty of exclusives. And a shadow puppet theater. I'm ready to lose $200.

• Upvote 2

WANT. LOVE. MISAKO. POSTMAN. THANK YOU LEGO.

In all seriousness, it's beautiful. 

• Upvote 1

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Wow, yeah. this looks fantastic. So many minifigures (Misako finallyyyyyy) and the building itself is a beauty. It just looks so great. I am seriously tempted here. 

It's just a shame that it seems like the ninja do not come with their hairpieces. That would have really made the set, imo. And Dareth's expression here is not as accurate or good looking as the one from the polybag. I guess these are minor annoyances though. It's a gorgeous set no matter how you look at it. 

• Upvote 2

AXKP5KC.png

I haven't been following Ninjago since 2013, so I don't know the story relevance of this. What I can say though, is that this set looks absolutely stunning. I am actually quite surprised to see a set with such intricate building techniques akin to the modular buildings from Ninjago. I've been thinking about getting one of the newer Ninjago sets for a while now, though I don't quite know if I'll be willing to spend 200$ on this yet.

Hail Denmark

Oh my, this is lovely.  And with all the Ninjas here, it will really simplify my summer set purchases.  Destiny's Bounty is cool, but this will make for a much better display piece.

And so many figs.  Just the other day I was wondering why Misako hasn't made it to a set, given her importance in the story.  But they didn't just give minor characters some figs, they even introduced two figs that I haven't seen in the show yet!  (I mean, I assume Jesper and Claire were background characters but I don't remember them being named in the show.) But beyond the figs, what an amazing design. New roof elements? (Never mind, watched the designer vid, still a neat design idea.) A small, working theater?? Oh yeah, this is a must buy!

:music:

Edited by xccj
  • Upvote 1

Ninjago has been almost untoppably amazing this year; awesome, numerous, and pretty well-priced sets. Despite the $200 price tag this set looks insanely gorgeous and has tons of great minifigures. Props to Lego, IMHO they absolutely nailed the Ninjago stuff this year.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I haven't really followed ninjago in years but I will say that temple is pretty nice, I'm impressed that it's a set without a conflict or vehicle (nice to see every once in a while). Also that thing the what I believe is Zane is using to fly is almost identical to this old set

http://brickset.com/sets/1187-1/Glider

Intentional callback? 

It's time to move on.

I haven't really followed ninjago in years but I will say that temple is pretty nice, I'm impressed that it's a set without a conflict or vehicle (nice to see every once in a while). Also that thing the what I believe is Zane is using to fly is almost identical to this old set

http://brickset.com/sets/1187-1/Glider

Intentional callback?

Yes they said in the video it was intentional

• Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

This is absolutely beautiful I love it so many mini figs postman finally misako! This set is one of the best probably the best set this year thank you Lego thank you so very much.

• Upvote 1

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

2000 Pieces??? Only I can hope bionicle can get a set as big and magnificent as this...

I agree. I hope that Bionicle will get very large and beautiful set similar to this, even though we got the Manas, The Bahrag, Takutanuva, Ultimate Dume, Voporak, Vezon and Kardas, Axalara T9, and Scorpio XV1. The CCBS may not be used to make a figure that size, but would be used for a lot of figures or a few Titans in a battle.:)

Anyway, back on topic, this Ninjago set is very beautiful!:o I would like to buy this monster set!:D I like the fact that they include Misako, Postman (unexpecting), Jesper and Claire (don't know these guys and why are they there) for the first time. Plus, this is also the first time that Darreth is in a store-selling set. Plus, the set has the whole Ninja gang together (except Sensei Garmadon, who was sadly banished and P.I.X.A.L., who is inside Zane while her physical body is torn apart).:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Btw is Nya water? Though if you look carefully at the theme song in the tournament of elements you see her do spinjetzu in maroon like the color of her shirt but what is her element?

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

Btw is Nya water? Though if you look carefully at the theme song in the tournament of elements you see her do spinjetzu in maroon like the color of her shirt but what is her element?

Yes, Nya is the ninja of water. Her character arc this current season is all about unlocking those powers to use against the ghostly enemies.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Wow, that is impressive! The most interesting thing here, that I can see, is Zane's glider. Or, rather, the Gray Ninja's glider from 1999. Nice to see them taking inspiration from the line's predecessor. :)

While I will not be buying this set, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of those exclusive figs! :D

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Though I don't buy most Ninjago sets, I am pretty blown away by this set. The minifigs looks great!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I continue to be impressed by the designers' choice of building techniques and details.  Using the garage door as a roof is perfect, and the fact that they went so far as to include some of the LotR rings on some of the columns is amazing.  The amount of attention put into these sets is amazing.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I don't usually get into sets of buildings and architecture, but this looks great. The only way I can think of improving this set would be if they included the hair pieces for the ninja so I could swap them for their helmets. 

• Upvote 1

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Not going to lie, I'm really interested in seeing how that shadow puppet theater works.

They show it off briefly in the video. It looks like there are two micro figures and two transparent flame pieces on a rotating platform which you can turn with the crank. There's a light source, presumably a light brick, which projects the shadows onto the surface. I can't tell what the surface is.

It's one of those features that looks cool the first time, but I can imagine it getting pretty dull pretty quickly (unless there's a lot more to it that wasn't shown off). The rest of the set is incredibly nice, though I'm not interested in it personally.

Intentional callback?

The video implies that it is.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

Man. Lego really outdid themselves with a Ninjago set like this. It's a nice change of pace from all of the action and veichles the other sets have. I like it for the sheer number of minifigures but I won't be able to get the money to afford something like this.

• Upvote 1

pWPTu7m.jpg

I don't usually get into sets of buildings and architecture, but this looks great. The only way I can think of improving this set would be if they included the hair pieces for the ninja so I could swap them for their helmets. 

That would have been nice seeing as Zave's hair does not come in silver yet.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I love this so much, but I'm not sure I can justify buying it on my current budget.

Maybe if I sold a few of the non-Ninja exclusive figs. Blasphemy, I know, but I don't really follow the show, so I could probably part with them fairly painlessly. And, being exclusive, they could get me back a good chunk of the set's cost.

bionicle_2017_banner_3c.png

I suppose access to these kinds of perks is what comes with BZPower's dogged obedience to LEGO's leak policies. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I suppose access to these kinds of perks is what comes with BZPower's dogged obedience to LEGO's leak policies.

This? No. This is just a press release; most major sites get them, regardless of how stringently they follow the leak policy. A better example of Lego's favor would be the NYCC tickets last year, BZP getting more than any other site. Or the bag of prototype Bionicle parts BZP got to distribute several years back.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Sounds like a good debate topic.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

> that terrible felling when BIONICLE will never get a set as beautiful as this one

> that EVEN MORE terrible feeling when you think at all those childern who won't pay attention to the little details and will lose small pieces like the battling cards

I want to know what's in the crate with "Cole's stuff" sticker on it...

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.