What is the best titan/warriors set ever

bohrokman

For me, It's Hydraxon. 

His obscenely large and ridiculous arsenal [seriously, exploding boomerangs, think about that for a second.] coupled with a color scheme devoid of major colors just really works for me.

• Upvote 4

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

For me, It's Hydraxon. 

His obscenely large and ridiculous arsenal [seriously, exploding boomerangs, think about that for a second.] coupled with a color scheme devoid of major colors just really works for me.

You misspelled "Batman." :P

For me, I'm gonna have to say Maxilos. All that torso articulation was really cool.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

In terms of building, Gadunka is so weird and manages to make like, a triangle of upper inika torsos. I got them in a lot that was incomplete so I've been ordering pieces every so often to complete the set and let me tell you it's been weird.

Maxilos is one I've never owned, so I'm not sure about that. If we're going back far enough, the Exo-Toa is definitely the best. It's huge, it looks cool, you can fit Toa inside... etc.

I'm also a huge fan of Takua and Pewku. Pewku is immeasurably fun to just roll around and watch the gear function work. It's a neat set. In terms of more recent titans I've always been a fan of Krekka and Brutaka. Brutaka looks very cool, and Krekka gave us an impressive amount of dark blue elements I didn't think would show up.

• Upvote 2

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

For me it's a toss-up between 8699 Takanuva from 2008 and 8811 Toa Lhikan & Kikanalo.

8699 obviously wins if we're defining titan strictly as a single figure larger than a typical "canister set". It is one of the most creative titan builds, only using prefab limb elements for Takanuva's lower arms. The proportions are good, the leg and arm suspension is quite effective without sticking out awkwardly and disrupting the proportions, the color scheme is tastefully organized, and the set depicts a major character with an iconic mask.

But 8811 likewise has a Toa character who is majestic, wears an iconic mask, and is important to the story, as well as a really creative and visually impressive creature build. Since Lhikan is a fairly normal-sized Toa with dual-function weapons, he offers a great taste of what the Bionicle theme is all about, rather than being an exception to the theme's typical designs. 8811 also has the advantage of having been released before brittle ball cups became a widespread issue.

It's not flawless, of course. Lhikan's proportions are slightly wonky, like any G1 Toa. He's one of the better ones, but still suffers from a scrawny waist, shoulders that awkwardly stick out from his sides, and wrists that have to be bent into painful-looking poses for him to properly hold his weapons. His gold parts are also the slightly dull Sand Yellow Metallic instead of the more striking, sunny Warm Gold that replaced it.

The Kikanalo, too, has obvious gaps in its torso from side view, a rather hodgepodge color scheme that only works because it uses exclusively neutral colors, and no action features of any kind. But I still think it's one of the best G1 Bionicle sets (not just titan/warrior sets) in hindsight. It's become the set I'm most likely to recommend to people who are looking to buy a classic Bionicle set.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Brutaka 

Was scrolling through this topic and was more and more surprised that Brutaka never came up. I thought he was generally accepted as the best (or one of the best Titans) ever. 

Brutaka is great, but I'm going to have to say Tuma is also a very solid set, especially for being Bionicle's final Titan. 

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Brutaka, because of his grand, detailed design that wasn't majorly let down by cost cutting. I particularly like the torso design and the extensive use of bohrok teeth.

Takanuva 2008 was probably the most innovative because of the reinforced limbs, but he had rather boring shaping because of the straight Slizer pieces used to construct his legs, a large gap on his lower legs, his hands weren't that good, and his torso armouring was lazy.

I think the quality of titan sets decreased after 2006, mostly due to cost cutting, but in Tuma's case, he just had a not-that-great design.

In terms of sets I've owned, it's a definite tie between the Bahrag, the Tarakava, '03 Takanuva and Roodaka. All superb sets. In terms of sets I haven't owned, Maxilos and Spinax was always a set which I loved. If I ever get hold of it, I can promise you that it'll likely never get taken apart.

In regards to Hero Factory sets I've owned... Well, I only ever got two HF titans, which were Rocka XL and Stormer XL. Stormer XL was certainly a lot better looking than Rocka XL - much more cohesive design, and easier to handle. However, I'd say that Witch Doctor and Fire Lord are the best looking titans from HF. Yeah, Fire Lord. Fight me.

EDIT: And now I've gone and ordered Maxilos and Spinax off of eBay. Darnit.

Edited by Logan McOwen

Brutaka, because of his grand, detailed design that wasn't majorly let down by cost cutting. I particularly like the torso design and the extensive use of bohrok teeth.

Takanuva 2008 was probably the most innovative because of the reinforced limbs, but he had rather boring shaping because of the straight Slizer pieces used to construct his legs, a large gap on his lower legs, his hands weren't that good, and his torso armouring was lazy.

I think the quality of titan sets decreased after 2006, mostly due to cost cutting, but in Tuma's case, he just had a not-that-great design.

Cost cutting? What do you mean?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Of the ones I own, Vezon & Fenrakk for sure.  Of those I don't, the Bahrag.

I also have a strange fondness for Roodaka (which I have) and Sidorak (which I don't).  I mean, I can't really think of anything that makes them exceptional, but I think their designs are solid and I like the fact that their heads aren't just two more masks.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm gonna have to say Brutaka. Amazingly solid build and great color scheme with some interesting parts

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

My favorite titan is Axonn. He's got such a small compact design and yet lego created created a titan with heavy duty armor designs, moveable fingers and a giant axe.

Worst of my titans goes to Fenrakk spider in my Vezon and Fenrakk set. It has a huge hole in its body(which is poorly hidden too), difficult to pose by itself and the entire diameter of it causes to take up a lot of space, i've had to to take Fenrakk apart for spare parts because of these difficulties.

qs3135.jpg

Maxilos is absolutely amazing and is my number one favorite. Keetongu was also great (he, Sidorak, and Roodaka all are special to me for being the last titan sets before the release of the Inika torso, sort of as the last of a breed of titans from the early years). A shout out to the Pewku set too, which has a gleeful design. I unfortunately don't own the Exo-Toa or Bahrag to provide judgement, but boy they look fantastic. Axonn and Brutaka are also amazing, but are lower in my book because of the use of the Inika torsos.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

1. Brutaka/ Maxilos (they're tied, sorry.)

2. Takanuva '08

3. Hydraxon

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***