The Protector of Life

KCGR

Long ago on the mythical island of Okoto, the villagers were guarded by a mysterious being, older than time itself. He was known as the Protector of Life, as no inhabitant of the island knew his real name. The watchful sentinel resided in the mountainous terrain of the region of ice, his cavern like home filled with strange artifacts like none other found on Okoto. He has not been heard from since long before Ekimu was put to sleep, the mantle of 'Protector' becoming a tradition for the villagers to honor him.

---

matoroa.jpg

Gallery when public.

--

Hey there! This is a moc I just recently created using a G2 Kopaka and various other parts from my collection. It's also sort of a self moc. The idea behind this creation, as you may have guessed from the lore-blurb at the top, is that Matoro from some version of the G1 universe ended up traveling through the different dimensions before ending up on Okoto.

So join me as I take you through some of my design processes and ideas.

Front View

The torso is essentially a G2 Kopaka torso [Mostly cause i'm super bad at custom torsos and limbs.] with different armoring, and the main inspiration for the armor silhouette was a very knightly, almost MMO Paladin style armor with the very large, drooping shoulder pads. I decided to use the Matoro Inika mask and head because of two reasons, one - I'm actually a pretty big fan of how the Matoro Inika mask looks, and two, I couldn't figure out a reliable way to get a metru / mata head onto a CCBS torso without using rubberbands.

Side View

Not much to say about the side view, other than that I chose to use the old Y joint style hands because to me, they scream 'BIONICLE' when I see them.

Back View

The back view shows off that Kopaka's gear function is still active and functional, and also shows more of the bulky, tank type armoring. I decided to use the Inika Matoro feet mostly because I personally liked how they covered the back.

Sword Pose

So for the sword I wanted to make a weapon that wasn't silver, although I originally did toy with using Matoro Inika's blade. I eventually settled on this double edged sword using Pridak's feet, which I think have always looked good as a sword.

Winter is coming.

The MOC's arms and sword were specifically designed to be able to pull this pose off, and I'm glad it worked.

Cave of Relics.

Setting up a cave display for him was fun, and it is in no way done, but placing a bunch of stuff that he might have found around different dimensions was fun, almost a trophy hall sort of deal.

--

Thanks for looking at my MOC! Feel free to comment if you want.

Edited by Matoro: Protector of Life
  • Upvote 1

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007