Was Tahu(Master) based on Lhikan?

Archius

You know I thought the only influence from Lhikan on Tahu G2 was his blade and the combining function of it.

But the more I look it, I totally see a Lhikan on it.

Look at the mask of fire for exemple. It has only two holes like lhikan's Hau and a big mouth. The golden chest was also gold on lhikan, albeit smaller. 

The golden pauldron on Tahu also really reminds of the ones in Lhikan. And the golden tight cover on Tahu was also gold on Lhikan.

The only part that does not look like Lhikan are the feet and hands, obviously. But every color Lhikan had, Tahu has too in the same spots as him(pretend he has the golden mask of fire on him). If Tahu was dark red instead of clear red, I think he would be a 100% Lhikan but in G2.

Edited by Archius
  • Upvote 4

Maybe a bit, but I think it's just a coincidence that formed by making something new with the influences of both Tahu Mata and Tahu Nuva. There are similarities between the first two and Lhikan, but then there's more when you have the new Tahu that's influenced by the two older sets which look like Lhikan.

While Lhikan may have been a minor influence, I don't see how it makes much of a difference. Both Lhikan and the new Tahu are based on the classic Tahu set. Figuring out whether or not the new Tahu took inspiration directly from Lhikan doesn't really yield much in the way of new insight.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think the swords are the biggest factor in the Lhikan-ness. The mask is another variation of the Hau (which Tahu and Lhikan both wear, variations aside). They were going for the Tahu Nuva surfboard, but they don't use the Mata foot piece anymore, so I guess they drew inspiration from Lhikan so they could interlock the pieces and then clip the toa to it.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Its true they look the same, but then again he was the first Toa of Fire introduced to us to do the red and gold color combo

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

His new sword piece is very similar to Lhikan's, but I think he's  general look is more closely based on his Nuva form: he's

got bulky armour unlike the skinnier Mata and Mistika forms (and it's a bit over-the-top like the Nuva armour), and a highly detailed  mask where the shape and design makes him look 'fat'. The box pose is more similar to the original Mata version though.

The colour scheme is a definite similarity, but maybe using gold for the 3 larger sets was a requirement.  :???:

The only similarity ive found with those 2 sets are the mask and weapons.

Well, he's also got gold armor on his shoulders, thighs, and chest, though Tahu had golden armor in the 2010 story so that's not something entirely new for him.

Overall, I have no doubt that some aspects of the new Tahu were inspired by Lhikan, especially since in a lot of ways the Lhikan set mimicked many of Tahu's iconic traits (like swords that become a surfboard and the Kanohi Hau). But of course, he was also clearly inspired by previous versions of Tahu, especially in terms of his colors and the design of his mask (which does resemble the version of Lhikan's Hau that appeared in the BIONICLE movies, but not so much the design of Lhikan's Hau as it appeared in the sets).

• Upvote 2

Hasn't anyone though of Lhii? After all HE was the lava boarder, not Lhikan. However I've always said that the two are very similar and I stick to that judgement. However also think that he's quite clearly based off of his former selves. I don't think that just because he's based in Lhii/Lhikan that he can't be based off of his former selves too I think all of them were an influence

Hasn't anyone though of Lhii? After all HE was the lava boarder, not Lhikan. However I've always said that the two are very similar and I stick to that judgement. However also think that he's quite clearly based off of his former selves. I don't think that just because he's based in Lhii/Lhikan that he can't be based off of his former selves too I think all of them were an influence

This topic is talking about the set/character design. The new Tahu's appearance certainly can't have been inspired by a character who never appeared in any visual media.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wouldn't doubt that some semblance of Lhikan inspired Tahu. The swords and the colour scheme say it all. However, it was clearly not the main source of inspiration. I think the designers carefully looked through all the iconic parts of past fire Toa and considered adding more than just what the iterations of Tahu had to offer.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg