Technic Tournament

Pahrak Model ZX

Welcome to Technic Tournament!  16 characters from Lego’s buildable action figure lines have been selected to face off against in each other, eliminating opponent after opponent until only one fighter remains!  However, the organization running this league is unbelievably lazy, so you, the player, are responsible for promoting this event.  On the plus side, whatever money comes in will (eventually) go to you!  The player who wins is the one who has the most money at the end of the tournament!

To join this game, you must create a profile explaining how talented you are in the four types of promotion.  You have 15 points to allocate to the following areas, though no more than 5 points can be put in any one area:

TV Commercial
Radio Ad
Internet Campaign
Magazine Ad

I will approve your profile and give you 1,000 Widgets to start.  Promotion for Round 1 begins immediately: look at the match ups below, and then decide which fighters you wish to promote.  You can promote as many or as few fighters as you want or have Widgets for, but you cannot promote both fighters in the same match—if Tahu and Stormer are fighting and you promote Tahu, you cannot promote Stormer that round.

For each fighter you wish to promote, say who it is, which of the four methods you will be using, and how many Widgets you are putting into that attempt.  I will then roll a die; if the result is equal to or less than your profile’s talent in that area, you will be successful!  The higher the talent, you’ll be more likely to succeed but will receive fewer Widgets, and the lower the talent, you’ll be less likely to succeed but you’ll win more if you do.  The amount of Widgets produced is then put in the pot for the fighter in question.  Whichever fighter has a larger pot moves on to the next round, and the Widgets from both pots are added up and distributed equally amongst the players who promoted the winning fighter.  You can have a balance of 0 Widgets after promotion, since you will receive Widgets if a fighter you promoted wins, but if you have 0 Widgets and your fighter loses, you are out of the game.

Something else to take into mind: each type of promotion is tied to a specific buildable action figure line.  If you use the corresponding promotion with a fighter from that line, I will add 1 to your talent for that roll, and the resulting Widgets will be multiplied x1.5.  TV Commercial works best for Bionicle, Radio Ad works best for Hero Factory, Internet Campaign works best for RoboRiders, and Magazine Ad works best for Slizers.

Each round will last one week.  Round 1 ends Friday, July 17th at 9:30 PM (Eastern Time)!  Join up and promote some fighters before then!

(New players are allowed to join whenever, but keep in mind that it’ll be more difficult to catch up with each passing round!  Join now for your best chance!)

Player List:

-I AM SPLEL CHEPMSDIN (23570 W)
-Ghidora131 (25611 W)
-fishers64 (0 W)
-"Nevermore" (23570 W)
-Plunderscore (450 W)
-Windrider- (23970 W)

Round 1: (Ends Friday, July 17th at 9:30 PM Eastern Time)

-Dust RoboRider (0 W) vs Tahu Mata (1350 W)

-Ekimu (3600 W) vs Torch/Fire Slizer (3000 W)

-Takanuva (450 W) vs Toxic Reapa (0 W)

-Scuba/Sub Slizer (900 W) vs Onyx RoboRider (0 W)

-Preston Stormer (900 W) vs Master Gali (0 W)

-Jimi Stringer (0 W) vs Natalie Breez (300 W)

-Granite/Rock Slizer (600 W) vs Amazon/Jungle Slizer (0 W)

-Power RoboRider (0 W) vs Frost RoboRider (900 W)

Round 2: (Ends Friday, July 24th at 10:30 PM Eastern Time)
-Tahu Mata (0 W) vs Ekimu (1200 W)
-Takanuva (0 W) vs Scuba/Sub Slizer (0 W)
-Preston Stormer (0 W) vs Natalie Breez (150 W)
-Granite/Rock Slizer (8525 W) vs Frost RoboRider (1350 W)

Semi-Final Round: (Ends Friday, July 31st at 10:30 PM Eastern Time)

-Ekimu (13200 W) vs Takanuva (0 W)

-Natalie Breez (0 W) vs Granite/Rock Slizer (29250 W)

Championship Match: (Ends Friday, August 7th at 11:00 PM Eastern Time)

-Ekimu (3000 W) vs Granite/Rock Slizer (91282 W)

Edited by Pahrak #0579
  • Upvote 3

Alright, I'll give this a go. Seems like it'll be less time-consuming than Warzone or Coliseum.

Profile:

I AM SPLEL CHEPMSDIN (Pulse)

TV Commercial: 3

Radio Ad: 5

Internet Campaign: 5

Magazine Ad: 2

Assuming I've done this right and this is approved, I'll promote Natalie Breez with 100W and Torch with 150W. Playing it kinda safe for the first round. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Underscore

TV Commercial- 4

Radio Ad- 3

Internet Campaign- 4

Magazine Ad- 4

I'll promote the Frost RoboRider with a TV Commercial with 300 widgets and Jimi Stringer with an Internet Campaign with 200 widgets.

Edited by Plunderscore

2xu8Ptu.png

Pulse: Your ad failed, that took you to 250 W.

fishers: You'd still be in, yes.

ROUND 1 END!  Updated Widget counts can be found in the first post!

Round 2: (Ends Friday, July 24th at 10:30 PM Eastern Time)
-Tahu Mata (0 W) vs Ekimu (0 W)
-Takanuva (0 W) vs Scuba/Sub Slizer (0 W)
-Preston Stormer (0 W) vs Natalie Breez (0 W)
-Granite/Rock Slizer (0 W) vs Frost RoboRider (0 W)