Murder Mansion

ToaKapura1234

Fifteen people are in an old mansion for the late owner's estate sale. Six of these people are undercover investigators who correctly believe the owner, Toa Orde, was murdered. One of the other nine is the murderer. Suddenly lightning flashes outside the window and the doors leading to outside slam shut and lock. One of the investigators tries to shatter a window to break out with no luck. Looks like everyone is stuck here. They resign themselves to spending the rest of the night in the mansion. They each claim a room to sleep in but then each one finds a box in their rooms. They all open the boxes and find a note inside with instructions personalized for them.

Welcome to Murder Mansion

Each player in this game is randomly assigned one of 15 roles, each with a unique power. 6 roles are investigators and they win by arresting the murderer and any partners he takes on throughout the game. One of the other nine players, chosen at random, is the murderer in addition to whatever role they are assigned. Roles are not secret, but it is a secret which role is the murderer. The murderer wins by getting the investigators to arrest an innocent suspect. If all six investigators die, then all murderers will lose due to leaving too much evidence. The other nine players win by not being arrested or killed. They can choose to work with or against whoever they choose.

Before the game begins the players will be privately informed of the contents of their note, and may later receive more notes throughout the game. Each 24 hour round players will tell me what they wish to attempt to do and after the round is over, I will privately inform them of what happened which will be affected by all player's choices and how quickly they informed me of them. The players can choose to follow the instructions on their note(if they have one), attempt to follow someone, interrogate someone, attempt to kill someone, attempt to hide from other players, attempt to steal something from the estate sale, use their role ability (unless it is a passive ability), or use an estate sale item if they have one.

Attempting to kill a player is fairly self explanatory, following a player makes you aware of their actions that round, interrogating them makes you aware of their actions the previous round (unless they killed or stole in which case they will lie). Items that can be stolen grant additional special powers(you may choose which item to try to steal). Hiding makes you immune to being targeted unless the targeter tells me where you chose to hide or has a special power that overrides it. Players are informed when you interrogate them but not for any other targeting, barring role powers. After a round all players are informed what (if anything) was stolen and who(if anyone) was killed.

Investigators cannot choose to attempt to kill someone but can attempt any of the other options, including stealing and also have the unique option of arresting someone. If whoever they arrest is not guilty of murder, theft, or attempted murder, the game ends and the murderer wins, so don't make an arrest lightly.

If all players guilty of murder or attempted murder, are arrested or dead, the investigators and anyone else not dead or arrested wins. Investigators, please don't betray each other, but everyone else is free to make or break whatever alliances they like.

Roles:

Investigators:

Chief of Police: Can order the other investigators to perform an action(except for theft) overriding whatever that player chose. This can only be used on one other investigator per round.

Head Detective: If the Head Detective follows or interrogates a player that attempts to murder that round or gets targeted for a murder, the head detective will kill the would-be murderer and save their chosen victim. If the Head Detective follows or interrogates a player attempting theft, nothing unusual happens. The Head Detective will also protect a player from murder attempts if this player and the detective both hid in the same room on the same round.

Junior Detective: Being a rookie, attempted actions have a ten percent chance of failing for no reason.

Private Investigator: If they follow or interrogate any murderer other than the original, they will discover this without the murderer knowing.

Retired Detective: This experienced detective can strike up an innocuous conversation and interrogate a player without then realizing it.

Private Investigator's partner: They always know what their partner does each round.

Suspects:

Toa of Light: An old business partner of Orde's who was running the estate sale, can steal without ever being caught due to blinding would be sleuths with light powers.

Ice Glatorian: So stealthy they can murder or steal without anyone realizing the murder or theft occurred unless they follow or interrogate the Glatorian.

Kra-Matoran: A former criminal who served their time and has an opportunity to fall back into their old ways or turn over a new leaf. If they follow the original murder, they learn the murderer's identity.

Skakdi: This vengeful Skakdi kills anyone who attempts to murder them unless they are targeted twice in one round, in which case only the first attempt is stopped.

Upper class Steltian: This rich master theif can steal an estate sale item from a player who has stolen, but they do not learn the thief's identity in the process.

Steltian Worker: Too dumb to understand questions, cannot be interrogated

Steltian Slave: This stealthy fellow is far too sneaky to be followed.

Dark Hunter: This trained assassin can find any hidden player no matter what.

Fire Agori: This tribe elder has enough life experience to realize when they are being followed but not who is following them.

Stealable Estate Sale Items:

A Kanohi Hau, which protects you from all murder attempts when used

A Kanohi Huna, which prevents you from being followed or interrogated when used

A Kanohi Komau, which can be used to control another player's actions

A Squid launcher which causes the target to die one round after being targeted due to the slow acting squid venom

A reconsitue at random Kanoka that gives one player a random player's powers, wears off when the powers are used.

The Spear of Fusion which turns its two targets into one player or can split them up. Combined players must agree on an action and if one is targeted, both are.

Hiding Places:

The Library

The Kitchen

The Dining Room

The Master Bedroom

The Guest Bedroom

The Bathroom

Players:

1. Plunderscore - Retired Detective

2. Quisoves Potoo - Private Investigator's Partner

2427135. Ryuko Matoi - Head Detective

4. Ghidora131 - Toa of Light - Killed Round One

5. Fortalpig - Private Investigator

7. Colonel Roy Mustang - Upper Class Steltian - arrested for stealing Komau Round 3

8. fishers64 - Junior Detective

9. Lugh - Dark Hunter - Killed while attempting to murder Burnmad

10. jed1ndy - Fire Agori

11. Nik333 - Skakdi

12. Timageness - Steltian Slave Arrested Round 5

13. Nevermore - Ice Glatorian Arrested Round 4

14. Dallior: Rahkshi Lord - Kra-Matoran - Killed Round 3

15. Aerixx - Steltian Worker - killed by Dalior Round 3

16. Toa Cykron - Chief of Police

Please ask me any questions you have about this game.

Edited by ToaKapura1234
  • Upvote 3

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Could you guys please help out by advertising in your sigs? The sooner the game fills, the sooner you can play. And would you like to join Ghidora?

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

We are not the only game short on players that needs to filled up. Check out another murder mystery game that isn't mafia, A Beautiful Train Ride!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19200-a-beautiful-train-ride/

Yeah, I have checked Games & Trivia and there are many like this. I would participate, but I have just filled character registration for Corpus Rahkshi and as a newcomer I think 2 games/RPGs are enough. Maybe change the rules so we can start, when 2 more people join Murder Mansion. Better than not starting at all...

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Eh well games eventually end unlike the RPGs which don't have a specific endpoint in mind. And games require much less time than RPGs but hey it's your call.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Do Private Investigator also know what his partner do? Or only his partner knows what does he do? I know that his skill may already be OP, but it would make a lot more sense.

Also, three people remaining! Murder hype intensifies!

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

If the PI knew what his partner did it would make the partner's ability sort of pointless.

If the PI knew what his partner did it would make the partner's ability sort of pointless.

Edit: Ack, the double-post curse returns.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

This sounds a lot like a modified version of Clue with a Bionicle theme attached to it.

I'm in. Spot #12, please.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

All PMs sent, Round One ends July 26 5:34 PM Eastern Time

P.S. Please add me to any group PMs, I love to be in on the scheming.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

mmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

The game begins!

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png