Trans-Neon Green And Uv Light

Ghosthands

Today I was messing about with my UV Sonic Screwdriver and torch, when I happened to shine it at a trans-neon green Glatorian head. To my surprise, it lit up quite eerily, much more brightly than would happen with any normal torch.I then tried it on one of my MOCs. Said MOC has a large staff which is topped with three blades and a gem made from two Bohrok eyes. When I shone UV at the gem, it lit up giving an effect I would have only thought possible with CGI. And yet there it was.I tried to take a photo of this, but the parts practically went white. I think the camera picks up the invisible UV, which it interprets as bright white light.I've found that it also effects trans-neon orange and trans-light blue, but not nearly as well as trans-neon green.Has anyone else experienced this?

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Yes, I noticed this a number of years ago and used to use to to light up my old lego buildings. Also, I've noticed that in addition to the trans-neon colors UV light also seems to affect apparently random brown bricks, turning some pink when exposed to the light. Oddly, there does'nt appear to be any rhyme or reason behind it.

Edited by Leto

Yeah i have experienced the same thing but with a black light bulb i really like when red transparent pieces light up. Also that type of light works really well to get glow in the dark pieces to glow goo.It's amazing what bionicle is capable of

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I really wanna see pictures of this.

Well, as he said, he tried to take photos, but it just looked like white light on the photos. Nonetheless, I don't believe I've ever experienced that. Still, sounds cool.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

The official name for Trans-Neon Green is Transparent Fluorescent Green, so called because it fluoresces under UV light. It has this in common with several other colors: Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange (Trans-Neon Orange), Transparent Fluorescent Blue (Trans-Medium Blue/"Ice Blue"), Transparent Fluorescent Red (Tahu's eye color from 2001-2002), and Transparent Fluorescent Yellow (Gali's eye color from 2001-2002).Only the first three (green, reddish-orange, and blue) are still on the current color palette, probably because Transparent Fluorescent Red and Transparent Fluorescent Yellow were too rarelyused and too similar to non-fluorescent colors Transparent Medium Reddish-Violet (Trans-Dark Pink) and Transparent Yellow.I definitely prefer the fluorescent colors as eye colors in BIONICLE and Hero Factory to the non-fluorescent transparent colors.

I've noticed this, and I wondered why they didn't fit the piraka eye pieces with UV bulbs. It would have looked so much cooler. It works on any trans pieces, and some not trans pieces...

Yeah i have experienced the same thing but with a black light bulb i really like when red transparent pieces light up. Also that type of light works really well to get glow in the dark pieces to glow goo.It's amazing what bionicle is capable of

Black light bulbs are the same thing as UV lights. ;) I've seen the glow in the dark pieces affected by it as well, UV light does a lot o amazing stuff. I have a tiny UV torch and a huge normal torch which is extremely bright, and the large torch can never get luminous pieces glowing as much as the UV torch can. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

The official name for Trans-Neon Green is Transparent Fluorescent Green, so called because it fluoresces under UV light. It has this in common with several other colors: Transparent Fluorescent Reddish-Orange (Trans-Neon Orange), Transparent Fluorescent Blue (Trans-Medium Blue/"Ice Blue"), Transparent Fluorescent Red (Tahu's eye color from 2001-2002), and Transparent Fluorescent Yellow (Gali's eye color from 2001-2002).Only the first three (green, reddish-orange, and blue) are still on the current color palette, probably because Transparent Fluorescent Red and Transparent Fluorescent Yellow were too rarelyused and too similar to non-fluorescent colors Transparent Medium Reddish-Violet (Trans-Dark Pink) and Transparent Yellow.I definitely prefer the fluorescent colors as eye colors in BIONICLE and Hero Factory to the non-fluorescent transparent colors.

I thought it was something like this. While writing my post I was originally going to say "fluorescent" instead of "neon". Any idea why it affects green the most, though?I agree that the old, dropped colours from the Mata eyes should have been kept. But what about trans-dark green? They still use that.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I've done this before. It looks so cool! But I have never been able to get a good picture of it. But I do like shining the light at characters' eyes. "THEY LIVE!"I can try to get some pictures of it when I get home in a few days, unless someone else can do it sooner.signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I just grabbed my UV Sonic Screwdriver and went about my room testing this on all the transparent parts I could find. It looks really interesting ... give me the idea of building a UV light behind a fluorescent barrier to have an eerie glow that sticks around.'It looks really good on my Trans-Neon Green Miru.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

wwoww im goin to dig out my old UVV sonic screwwdrivver an try this this is so awwesome you sir are a genius does anyone knoww if they wwere designed intentionaly for that purpose or if they just happen to be fluorescent?

"Only the insane equate pain with success.

Only the savage regard endurance of pain as a measure of worth.

Only the foolish consider pain to be just wages for being different".- The Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice/Alice:Madness Returns)

wwoww im goin to dig out my old UVV sonic screwwdrivver an try this this is so awwesome you sir are a genius does anyone knoww if they wwere designed intentionaly for that purpose or if they just happen to be fluorescent?

I am pretty sure they were designed to be that way. In fact, it´s part of the colours' official names. ;)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I've noticed that trans-neon green also glows in a dark room with blue light (specifically, blue LED Christmas lights, though I'm not sure if that makes any difference). "That is not dead which can eternal lie, / And with strange aeons even death may die."

Apparently those blue light bulbs still emit some ultraviolet light. Even without any special light bulb, you will notice that fluorescent pieces always glow slightly.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I've actually made a stand (out of bionicle parts go figure) to hold the blacklight high up so i can set things underneath it to look at them :)

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

• 2 weeks later...

i actually bought a black light bulb for my lamp and let me tell you some things were meant to be seen in blacklight.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

• 4 weeks later...