New "City of the Mask Makers" Video Appears on Bionicle.com

There's no telling when the Bionicle website will be fully updated for the summer sets, but it's moving in that direction with a new 30-second teaser video describing the next leg of the Toa's quest to save Okoto. This video gives us our first detailed look at the 2D animated (by evil?) portrayals of the new Bionicle villains. Follow the link above to watch it for yourself!

View the full article

• Upvote 3

This is a nice teaser for what's to come with these episodes. Especially with Skull Slicer wearing Lewa's Mask of Jungle. It makes me wondered what happened to the Toa. (And if Onua has to save him. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wow! Things are getting more epic than I expected! This teaser is very good. I can see some interesting things, like Pohatu and Skull Basher bashing through stuff, the Toa have to survive from a squad of Skull Warriors, the Toa have to face traps in an arena, Skull Slicer wearing Lewa's de-powered mask, and Kulta the Skull Grinder showing up and is powerful enough to protect himself from blasts.:D

What's interesting is that Skull Spiders, their Lord and Skull Scorpio(s) are nowhere to be found, possibly and hopefully yet. Kulta's lower jaw looks over-sized, bigger than a Skull Warrior's face. Plus, I wonder why Skull Slicer wear Lewa's de-powered mask. Hmm... Maybe he wants to show that he defeated Lewa as if it was an arena match like he had long ago? Well, we'll see when the new webisodes are coming out possibly this August. I am looking forward for them!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

This is the thing I have been waiting for forever.  NOTICE THIS: Kulta may sound like cult at first glance but it actually means "gold" or in Finnish "darling"--- not so sinister after all. he may be an anti-mask-of-power villager seeking to destroy them and mutated like Dekar/Hydraxon.

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Dang. I reported this and it didn't even give "Source: BZP Members"

Don't worry, I've reported things before and they haven't gotten through in time. It just happens.

Wait a second, Skull Slicer is only under LoSS's control due to the skull spider mask... so if he puts it on instead of the Spidey mask... Will he possibly be free from his wicked ways?

Maybe. Perhaps Skull Slicer did what Takanuva and Vakama did back in Generation 1 and placed Lewa's mask over his own Skull Spider one.

Whoa, that is one big chin that Kulta's got... Joking out of the way, this teaser has got me excited. There seems to be more action than what the first nine episodes had, which is great. 

It also appears that those retractable hexagonal pillars from the Coliseum have made a return, though slowed down due to old age. ;)

• Upvote 4

Did anyone else notice that Lewa is not present in the screen where Kopaka conjures his "ice shield" (or whatever it is)?

Wouldn't surprise me if the "stupid-Toa-of-Air-(now-jungle)-gets-possessed-by-mind-control-thingy" gimmick gets carried over. I mean, his is the only infected mask shown. 

Also, did anyone else notice the cocoons hanging off the bridge to the city? Wondering if that's how skull slicer got his other two arms.

Anyway just theories. This video looks pretty darn cool, imho.

~Madu-

<}> <}>

~

RPG Profiles:

Cresk

Did anyone else notice that Lewa is not present in the screen where Kopaka conjures his "ice shield" (or whatever it is)?

Wouldn't surprise me if the "stupid-Toa-of-Air-(now-jungle)-gets-possessed-by-mind-control-thingy" gimmick gets carried over. I mean, his is the only infected mask shown. 

Also, did anyone else notice the cocoons hanging off the bridge to the city? Wondering if that's how skull slicer got his other two arms.

Anyway just theories. This video looks pretty darn cool, imho.

Lewa probably impulsively charged the skull slicer and got his mask ripped off. 

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Did anyone else notice that in the hexagonal pillars scene, Lewa doesn't have his mask? You have to pause the video at the right moment and look very closely, but he doesn't have it on him. Gali and Onua are carrying him as well. What does this mean? I'll tell you hat it means, it means that some things really do never change.

• Upvote 2

Yay, more story videos. I don't really like them, but I like having them more than not having them. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

These episodes look great. Lots of action from the looks of it. Skull Grinder and Basher look awesome in this cartoon style. Can't help but notice that the stadium has features akin to Metru Nui's coliseum in Bionicle 2. Callback perhaps? Speaking of callbacks, Slicer having Lewa's mask and Lewa not being present for a good chuck of scenes leads me to believe that they are referencing G1 in that regard. Love it! Cannot wait for the website to just update and maybe leak us all these episodes in Spanish or something

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg