Lothlorien Reaches Ideas Goal

A new project has achieved ten thousand votes of support on LEGO Ideas! Lothlorien by RAKRONDEWL is a playset modeled after the Golden Wood from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings and the Peter Jackson movie adaptation. The model features some Elvish buildings within two mallorn trees and the Mirror of Galadriel, which plays an important role in the story. While the recent Minas Tirith model (created by our own Nuju Metru) unfortunately did not get turned into a set, I wish this Tolkien creation the best of luck!

View the full article

I was afraid this would be yet another hopelessly oversized Lego Ideas project, like that gargantuan Flying Dutchman. I was pleasantly surprised to see that isn't the case for this one! It looks really cool, with lots of neat details, and I hope it becomes a set.

~B~

I was afraid this would be yet another hopelessly oversized Lego Ideas project, like that gargantuan Flying Dutchman. I was pleasantly surprised to see that isn't the case for this one! It looks really cool, with lots of neat details, and I hope it becomes a set.

~B~

Agreed. It's still definitely bigger than any past Ideas set ($60, at least, probably more given the high-quality packaging and booklets typical for Ideas sets), but it's not absurdly large, and it's packed with detail and recognizable scenes instead of trying for an "actual-size" model with lots of wasted or unnecessary space. I'm not much of a Lord of the Rings fan, but Lego Ideas needs more realistic and well-designed models like this and I'd be happy for this model to go through.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I was expecting a bigger set as well. :P

But that doesn't take away from how great this set is of itself. I really like how detailed it is, as well as its color scheme.

I wish it good luck in the review stage!

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png