Chrome Gold Masks

masonkh

Hello and welcome!  I enjoy creating a lot of custom chrome LEGO parts and I thought I would make a portal to all of my custom creations for sale.  I'll try to keep all of these entries current and as best updated as possible.  This store is very WIP right now, so please let me know if there's anything I can do to improve it!

For those who'd prefer making a purchase through BZP I also offer purchasing options through Paypal!  Additionally, I offer discounts for individuals who wish to purchase larger quantities of masks, so let me know if you're interested!

SELLING:

Ebay entries/ Masks for sale:

Here are some of my current Ebay entries(I'll try to keep this updated):

Chrome gold Mask of Fire: (SOLD OUT)

tahu_mask_small.png

Chrome gold Mask of Jungle:

lewa_mask02_small.png

Chrome gold Mask of Water:

gali_mask_small.png

Chrome gold Mask of Ice:

kopaka_mask_small.png

Chrome gold Mask of Stone:(SOLD OUT)

pohatu_mask_small.png

Chrome gold Mask of Earth:

onua_mask_small.png

Chrome gold Protector Mask:

protector_mask_small.png

Chrome gold Skull Spider Mask:

skull_spider_mask_small.png

Lot of 8 Chrome gold Masks:

img_0856_small.png

I also have a few other random chrome gold minifig parts as well as minifigures, so ask about them if you're interested!

DISCOUNT PARTS:

These are the masks and pieces that didn't turn out perfectly during the chroming process.  Many of their defects are very minimal and would still be acceptable for many individuals looking to save money on chrome masks.

(All prices are in USD.)  If you are interested in any of these, let me know and I'll put up a photo of the mask:

DEFECTIVE MASKS:

Earth mask A:  $10- droplet marks on left side middle of mask

Earth mask B:  $10- nick on top edge of mask

Fire mask A:  $10- droplet marks on right side middle of mask

Fire mask B:  $10- droplet marks on right side top of mask

Fire mask C:  $10- residue marks on left side top of mask

Ice mask A:  $8- smudges on left side of mask

Ice mask B:  $10- residue marks on middle top of mask

Ice mask C:  $10- residue marks on binocular

Jungle mask A:  $10- nick on top edge of mask

protector mask A:  $10- droplet marks on left middle wing of mask

protector mask B:  $10- dust particle in chrome on left side of mask

protector mask C:  $10- major discoloration on top left wing of mask

protector mask D:  $10- improper unchromed area on the top center wings on the Backside of mask

skull spider mask A:  $10- "foggy" area in chrome on the top of mask

stone mask A:  $10- droplets on right side center of mask

stone mask B:  $10- droplets on bottom ride side of mask

stone mask C:  $10- droplets on top right side of mask

stone mask D:  $10- droplets on center forehead of mask

stone mask E:  $10- unevenly harsh resin distribution

stone mask F:  $10- droplets on top of mask

stone mask G:  $10- droplets on top forehead of mask

I also have a whole mess of these partially-chromed hands.  These are just junk parts that were a by-product of the chroming process.  I was just going to throw them out, but if any buyers want them for mask stands or something like that, LET ME KNOW and I'll put one with each mask in with your order for FREE:

img_0954.jpg

WANTED LIST:

I'll put a wanted list here eventually for trades and whatnot.

Edited by masonkh

I'm interested in the mask of fire and mask of earth. Some of those hand parts I could use as well for stands if that's cool with you.

What's your asking price on those two? Going the direct PayPal route would, I'm assuming, be best for you to get rid of the percentage eBay takes.

I'm interested in the mask of fire and mask of earth. Some of those hand parts I could use as well for stands if that's cool with you.

What's your asking price on those two? Going the direct PayPal route would, I'm assuming, be best for you to get rid of the percentage eBay takes.

If one wishes to purchase just a single mask I think going through Ebay would be best.  However, I do offer a bit of a discount for those who prefer to use Paypal.  However, I also don't want to undermine buyers on Ebay.  I think I'd be willing to do about 10% less of what the BIN (about 2.50 off of each of the masks).

Oh those look very nice! I especially like the mask of water. I might try to bid for that one later, depending on what the price is at. But very well done!

:music:

Thanks!  I really love the way chrome looks on these as well.

I'm a bit paranoid about things like this, but I would suggest keeping track of who you sell these to, the reason being that they look exactly like the solid 14K gold versions. There have been instances of people trying to pass off replicas of pieces like WMKKs as the real thing, and it would be a shame if that happened with these pieces. If you keep a list of buyers, then if a supposed 14K gold mask shows up for sale, we'll know it's fake if the seller bought a chrome mask from you.

The chances of this happening are already minimal of course, but we can ensure nobody gets ripped off by keeping track of who owns these. It's very unlikely a BZP member would be the culprit; more likely it would be an eBay buyer.

-L

Edited by Letagi
  • Upvote 3

I got my masks in the mail today!  They are beautiful!  I am surprised you left parts un-chromed.  But it won't be noticeable once worn or are on display.  I happen to have the perfect pedestal to display them anyway.  (Something from Shapeways)

*edit*  I wish I would have known about the random pile of partly chromed hands.  They could be cool on my gold Protector.  But heck, a full set of gold armor could be awesome if it were doable.

Either way, I am likely gonna buy more of these.  I just have a few other things I need to take care of first.

Edited by Xenock

I got my masks in the mail today!  They are beautiful!  I am surprised you left parts un-chromed.  But it won't be noticeable once worn or are on display.  I happen to have the perfect pedestal to display them anyway.  (Something from Shapeways)

Thank you!  and yes, I have to attach the parts onto my equipment somewhere, which is mostly what the leftover fists are for (and to be fair, I did include photos of both the front and backs of each one.)

That sounds awesome!  any chance you could post up some photos of the masks on the stand?  I think they'd look really cool on something like that!

I'm a bit paranoid about things like this, but I would suggest keeping track of who you sell these to, the reason being that they look exactly like the solid 14K gold versions. There have been instances of people trying to pass off replicas of pieces like WMKKs as the real thing, and it would be a shame if that happened with these pieces. If you keep a list of buyers, then if a supposed 14K gold mask shows up for sale, we'll know it's fake if the seller bought a chrome mask from you.

The chances of this happening are already minimal of course, but we can ensure nobody gets ripped off by keeping track of who owns these. It's very unlikely a BZP member would be the culprit; more likely it would be an eBay buyer.

-L

Thank you for your concern!  It has never been my own intention to "trick" people into buying these chrome gold masks thinking that they were the solid gold ones.  Typically it's pretty easy to tell the difference between a metal mask and a plastic one if it's in your hands.  Obviously, I can't publicly release a list of my buyers from Ebay, but if there is some suspicious entry on Ebay or somewhere else, let me know and I'll look into its legitimacy to make sure it's official.

It would also be a lot easier if people kept track of who owns the solid gold masks, as there are only 8 of those and we already know who most of them have been given to.

Edited by masonkh

Could we see a picture of the rejects

Yes, just let me know which one(s) you'd like to see so that I don't flood the thread with pictures

Edit:  For those who ordered any parts from me recently:  IF YOU WANT ANY OF THE FREE PARTIALLY CHROMED HANDS IN YOUR ORDER, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND MAKE SURE I INCLUDE THEM.  Otherwise I will be shipping off everyone's orders Monday without any.

Edited by masonkh

I noticed that on your eBay that you didn't have any more masks of fire or jungle for sale. Does that mean you're all sold out of those?

Also If I could get a pic of the defective masks of fire I would appreciate it.

I noticed that on your eBay that you didn't have any more masks of fire or jungle for sale. Does that mean you're all sold out of those?

I just made a new listing for the mask of Jungle.  I'm starting to run low on the masks of fire, so I haven't put up a solitary listing for that one at the moment.

Here are the images of the defective ones you requested: 

Fire A

Fire B

Fire C

Edited by masonkh

I just made a new listing for the mask of Jungle.  I'm starting to run low on the masks of fire, so I haven't put up a solitary listing for that one at the moment.

Fire A

Fire B

Fire C

Well I am interested in the variant B mask of fire, so I will PM you to ask more about it. 

Also I was wondering if you ever do like custom chroming projects (eg: I send you some pieces to chrome for a certain price). I would really like some chrome gold Bionicle armor pieces to go with my chrome mask. 

Fire A

Fire B

Fire C

Well I am interested in the variant B mask of fire, so I will PM you to ask more about it. 

Also I was wondering if you ever do like custom chroming projects (eg: I send you some pieces to chrome for a certain price). I would really like some chrome gold Bionicle armor pieces to go with my chrome mask. 

Okay, thanks!

I sometimes do custom chroming projects, however I don't do them very often do them because as they tend to be costly, take a lot of time, and have a lot of restrictions and specifics dealing with quality and whatnot.

Do you by any chance have any defect water masks, and if so how much would they be?

Sorry, but I don't have any defective water masks.  All of the ones I've chromed have turned out well.  If I did have any, they would be the same price as most of the other defective masks.

Hi I am interested in Fire, Earth n Ice defect masks. and also 4 of the halfchrome hands. If Fire B isnt taken I will take it or else I'll take Fire C. I also need pics for the earth n ice defects. I would also like shipping fees to Singapore :)

Fire B has indeed already been taken.  Here are the images of the defective Earth and Ice masks:

Earth A

Earth B

Ice A

Ice B

Could I call potential dibs on the $10 jungle mask, but get a pic before I buy? I'm just not sure as to the extent that the damage is.

Otherwise I'll think about the legit one.

Neat masks! I've always wanted to get some chrome masks, but both of the lego chrome retailers are in europe and shipping is awful. Granted, they're a good deal cheaper than you (they don't sell masks, but I do see that they have some wheels that are much larger than bionicle masks which they are selling for $5), so I'm a bit hesitant, but I wish you luck in your business, and as half of modalt masks, the current leading bionicle customization business, I'm very interested in this!

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Could I call potential dibs on the $10 jungle mask, but get a pic before I buy? I'm just not sure as to the extent that the damage is.

Neat masks! I've always wanted to get some chrome masks, but both of the lego chrome retailers are in europe and shipping is awful. Granted, they're a good deal cheaper than you (they don't sell masks, but I do see that they have some wheels that are much larger than bionicle masks which they are selling for $5), so I'm a bit hesitant, but I wish you luck in your business, and as half of modalt masks, the current leading bionicle customization business, I'm very interested in this!

Here's a pic of the defective jungle mask if you're interested:

Jungle mask A

Wheels also tend to be a lot cheaper than masks.  As I've mentioned before, Ebay and Paypal's fees both bump up the price a bit on what I'm able to sell them at.  I've looked into putting my parts on other sites, but there just haven't been that any with as much traffic as Ebay.

Edited by masonkh

Here's a pic of the defective jungle mask if you're interested:

Jungle mask A

Wheels also tend to be a lot cheaper than masks.  As I've mentioned before, Ebay and Paypal's fees both bump up the price a bit on what I'm able to sell them at.  I've looked into putting my parts on other sites, but there just haven't been that any with as much traffic as Ebay.

Oh never mind then, that's a larger defect than the other ones. I might see about getting one later, but I just got a TNGSS so I'm holding off on buying expensive masks right now :/

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Thanks anyway!

I've updated all of the entries so the links should be up to date.

On a side note, I'll be attending SL Comic Con!  So, if you're going feel free to say hi!  I'll probably bring some chrome masks and other things with me, so if you're interested in meeting up and/or purchasing some chrome items let me know!  I'll probably be giving some pretty good discounts to those who are interested.

Hey, I was wondering how much you would ask for a set of all 6 Toa masks? Or 7 if you decide to make the Mask of Creation, wich I would absolutely love to have. Also, how much would shipping to Germany cost?

6 masks with the $2.5 discount I believe would come out to be $105.  I don't currently have any chrome masks of creation, but at this point I'm pretty certain I'll be making some in the future.  (Probably after most of these ones sell out.)

I believe standard international shipping costs about $7.10 USD?  Or at least it has for me in the past.

I would LOVE to have one of each of them (including the Mask of Creation when you come around to that) so that since I really can't have any of the solid gold masks (that is if LEGO doesn't have a contest for the Mask of Creation and I somehow win by the skin of my teeth) this is the next best thing.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I did get my gold mask of water in from you the other day, and I am very pleased with it. Quite shiney! (A full set would be cool but entirely out of my budget.) Thanks again, and great work!

:music:

Thanks!  It would be nice if people took some pics of the masks and what they are building with them.  I'd be very interested to see how people are using them!

EDIT:  Is there anyone here who would like to order some of the Masks of Creation when they're done?  It would be nice to get a rough estimate so that I know how many to produce.

Edited by masonkh

• 1 month later...

Have you tried do gen 1 , I would like to have an chrome "Kraahkan", I would be willing to mail you 2 of them to test on   

Seriously a round 2 of masks would be super neat, especially with the Mask of Creation out. I would pay to have a chromed out MoC. 

• 1 month later...

I've updated all of the Ebay entries on this thread.

I do have some particularly good news:  Chrome Gold Masks of Creation will be available soon!  I have all of the chroming supplies ready to do another round of different masks.  On a side note, some of the previous standalone masks have already begun sell out, so if you're looking at getting any of these ones, now is the time!

I would also like to say:  Thank you to everyone who has supported my brick chroming endeavors!  You can be sure to see more chrome LEGO parts in the future from me and it's all thanks to those who have supported my shop!

Edited by masonkh
  • Upvote 1

I do have some particularly good news:  Chrome Gold Masks of Creation will be available soon!  I have all of the chroming supplies ready to do another round of different masks.  On a side note, some of the previous standalone masks have already begun sell out, so if you're looking at getting any of these ones, now is the time!

I would also like to say:  Thank you to everyone who has supported my brick chroming endeavors!  You can be sure to see more chrome LEGO parts in the future from me and it's all thanks to those who have supported my shop!

I've got to say, this is an incredibly neat idea. Your products looks very good as well, and I've contemplated buying a few of them before. I'm kind of interested though, how involved is the chroming process? It doesn't seem like simple painting, but I'm not quite sure.

My other question though, do you think you'll ever open your store up for customs? Like say, if I had a few pieces I wanted in chrome I could send them to you and have them painted for a price? I understand if not since that's a huge process, but it's something to consider.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I've got to say, this is an incredibly neat idea. Your products looks very good as well, and I've contemplated buying a few of them before. I'm kind of interested though, how involved is the chroming process? It doesn't seem like simple painting, but I'm not quite sure.

My other question though, do you think you'll ever open your store up for customs? Like say, if I had a few pieces I wanted in chrome I could send them to you and have them painted for a price? I understand if not since that's a huge process, but it's something to consider.

It is INCREDIBLY involved.  I will say this:  if you're looking at doing your own chroming and you don't know what your doing or don't have experience with chroming in general, your parts WILL NOT come out well.

I have been able to take custom orders before, but it's usually only for somewhat larger projects and it's somewhat limited as far as time periods and colors go.  I don't upsell on custom orders and only charge for parts, supplies, and labor used in custom orders.

hi tritoa here from Spain,do you still have the full set and if so how much would it be and the postage to Spain,thanks

Yes!  I still have some full sets left if you are interested.  If you're looking at purchasing the set through BZP I believe international shipping is $7.10, or at least it has been in the past.

It looks as if there is a post that seems to be stating that my products are somehow unsafe in some way.  I would just like to take a moment to state that I have never at any time used any harmful substances in my chroming process.  My chromed pieces contain ABSOLUTELY NO paints, sprays, dyes, chemicals or metals that would be considered harmful in any way.  They contain ABSOLUTELY NO tin or lead anywhere and you can be assured that they are in every way considered commercially safe.

It seems to me that this post has been made specifically for malicious reasons in order to deceive people about my process and my products, which makes me a bit sad to see that someone with a very rudimentary knowledge of the coating process would say something so incredibly untrue.  As such, I have reported it.

Edited by masonkh
  • Upvote 2