Garmadon/ Wu Age Theory

Awesome Guy

I have a theory about Garmadon and Wu's age:

In the beginning of the series, things were pretty simple. Garmadon and Wu are, like, really old, because they're the sons of the creator of the world, and a long time ago they fought and bla bla bla, Garmadon was cast down to the underworld. But the theme continued (yay!), and things started becoming confusing when Lloyd was introduced. Lloyd is clearly a young boy when he's introduced. Maybe around 10 or so. THEN, we find out about Garmadon's origin. As a child he was bitten by a seemingly very young and small Great Devourer, a snake that was worshipped by the Serpentine in the days of old. Which supports the idea that the brothers are still pretty old.

In addition to the Lloyd problem, another problem arose in the middle of Season 2. That problem's name is....Misako. Misako seems to be close to the age of what Wu and Garmadon look like they are, and since she is a normal human, she's probably around..56 when she's introduced. While she's kind of old it isn't anywhere near impossible for her to have a son Lloyd's age. She could have had him in her mid 40s. So, she isn't much of a problem, and neither is Lloyd, if we assume this.

So, let's go back to the Sensei Bros and look at their appearances. Garmadon and Wu look pretty old right? Of course, not TOO old, or they wouldn't be able to do as much cool stuff as they do. So.. let's say the current age of their BODIES is around 58-60. Even people as long lived as them get old eventually, as their deceased father would show. Now, let's get to REAL problem. In the mini episode, "Battle Between Brothers" we see a young Garmadon and Wu. At this time, they look like they're in their twenties or late teens at this point. This was the big moment where Garmadon was banished, and he would not be seen again till the series started. Lloyd HAD to be born before this, no ifs, ands or buts. So, in 10 years time, Garmadon and Wu went from young men, to old dudes. Odd, right? Well, it gets odder.

The two both fought in the First Serpentine War. Given the presence of a brown haired young Misako, it couldn’t have happened a very long time ago, so it’s safe to say that the war happened about...40 years before the Tournament of Elements. Misako would be about 18 at this time. Garmadon and Wu both look pretty much exactly the same as they would later during their battle, except that Garmadon isn’t pale or permanently red eyed. So, we know for sure that Garmadon and Wu had looked young for a long time before turning old in a very short time. In the old picture we see of the bros and Misako in “The Day Ninjago Stood Still”, Garmadon has gone pale and red eyed already, Wu is exactly the same still, and Misako is wearing glasses and her hair is lighter, so she was the only one aging at that point. So, the time this picture was taken is very close to the time he was banished. So, the two became a lot older in 10 years, which wouldn't be a lot in their long lives right? Why, you might be asking? Well, the ANSWER (theory) that I've thought of IS........

Let’s talk about their father. The First Spinjitzu Master lived for, like, practically forever! He was around since the beginning of the world of Ninjago, and even before that, and if Ninjago is thousands of years old, he is even older. But, as we know, even he eventually grew old, and passed. He possessed the Golden Power, which made him practically omnipotent. So, because of it his aging was super slowed down. When Garmadon and Wu are kids (let’s say they’re 8-10), he’s already pretty old. He looked similar to the brothers’ appearances now, so a few thousand years had passed since he created Ninjago already by the time he made them since he looked young when he made it. I theorize that to create two beings that were like him, his power was divided between them. Thus even though they have the element of Creation, they can’t make something from nothings , but they can summon an elemental dragon. This also had the effect of making their natural lifespan not as long as his but still pretty long.

But, the Golden Weapons, present in the monastery they lived in, reacted to relatives of the Master in a special way. They lengthened the bros lifespan! It slowed down their aging to be more like their father’s! Thus little Garmadon and Wu aged up to young adults, and they remained as such for thousands of years. Alongside their father (and maybe even ancient Elemental Masters (ancestors of the ones we see during the First Serpentine War), they fought many great enemies, including the Skulkin! But eventually their father passed away in the tomb he made for himself, and 10 years before the show, Garmadon would finally lose his long battle with the venom of the Great Devourer and be struck down by his brother. Knowing he would return some day, Wu took the weapons and hid them. But without the weapons close to them, the brothers aged to older forms. Don’t worry though, they live extremely long naturally. Wu will be around for a good long while.

I first posted this on the Lego message boards, and I decided to post this here since this looks like a cool place for LEGO fans. So, what did you guys think of it? How much sense does it not make? Too farfetched?

• Upvote 4

I have a theory about Garmadon and Wu's age:[/size]

In the beginning of the series, things were pretty simple. Garmadon and Wu are, like, really old, because they're the sons of the creator of the world, and a long time ago they fought and bla bla bla, Garmadon was cast down to the underworld. But the theme continued (yay!), and things started becoming confusing when Lloyd was introduced. Lloyd is clearly a young boy when he's introduced. Maybe around 10 or so. THEN, we find out about Garmadon's origin. As a child he was bitten by a seemingly very young and small Great Devourer, a snake that was worshipped by the Serpentine in the days of old. Which supports the idea that the brothers are still pretty old. [/size]

In addition to the Lloyd problem, another problem arose in the middle of Season 2. That problem's name is....Misako. Misako seems to be close to the age of what Wu and Garmadon [/size]look[/size] like they are, and since she is a normal human, she's probably around..56 when she's introduced. While she's kind of old it isn't anywhere near impossible for her to have a son Lloyd's age. She could have had him in her mid 40s. So, she isn't much of a problem, and neither is Lloyd, if we assume this.[/size]

So, let's go back to the Sensei Bros and look at their appearances. Garmadon and Wu look pretty old right? Of course, not TOO old, or they wouldn't be able to do as much cool stuff as they do. So.. let's say the current age of their [/size]BODIES [/size]is around 58-60. Even people as long lived as them get old eventually, as their deceased father would show. Now, let's get to REAL problem. In the mini episode, "Battle Between Brothers" we see a young Garmadon and Wu. At this time, they look like they're in their twenties or late teens at this point. This was the big moment where Garmadon was banished, and he would not be seen again till the series started. Lloyd HAD to be born before this, no ifs, ands or buts. So, in 10 years time, Garmadon and Wu went from young men, to old dudes. Odd, right? Well, it gets odder. [/size]

The two both fought in the First Serpentine War. Given the presence of a brown haired young Misako, it couldn’t have happened a very long time ago, so it’s safe to say that the war happened about...40 years before the Tournament of Elements. Misako would be about 18 at this time. Garmadon and Wu both look pretty much exactly the same as they would later during their battle, except that Garmadon isn’t pale or permanently red eyed. So, we know for sure that Garmadon and Wu had looked young for a long time before turning old in a very short time. In the old picture we see of the bros and Misako in “The Day Ninjago Stood Still”, Garmadon has gone pale and red eyed already, Wu is exactly the same still, and Misako is wearing glasses and her hair is lighter, so she was the only one aging at that point. So, the time this picture was taken is very close to the time he was banished. So, the two became a lot older in 10 years, which wouldn't be a lot in their long lives right? Why, you might be asking? Well, the ANSWER (theory) that I've thought of IS........[/size]

Let’s talk about their father. The First Spinjitzu Master lived for, like, practically forever! He was around since the beginning of the world of Ninjago, and even before that, and if Ninjago is thousands of years old, he is even older. But, as we know, even he eventually grew old, and passed. He possessed the Golden Power, which made him practically omnipotent. So, because of it his aging was super slowed down. When Garmadon and Wu are kids (let’s say they’re 8-10), he’s already pretty old. He looked similar to the brothers’ appearances now, so a few thousand years had passed since he created Ninjago already by the time he made them since he looked young when he made it. I theorize that to create two beings that were like him, his power was divided between them. Thus even though they have the element of Creation, they can’t make something from nothings , but they can summon an elemental dragon. This also had the effect of making their natural lifespan not as long as his but still pretty long. [/size]

But, the Golden Weapons, present in the monastery they lived in, reacted to relatives of the Master in a special way. They lengthened the bros lifespan! It slowed down their aging to be more like their father’s! Thus little Garmadon and Wu aged up to young adults, and they remained as such for thousands of years. Alongside their father (and maybe even ancient Elemental Masters (ancestors of the ones we see during the First Serpentine War), they fought many great enemies, including the Skulkin! But eventually their father passed away in the tomb he made for himself, and 10 years before the show, Garmadon would finally lose his long battle with the venom of the Great Devourer and be struck down by his brother. Knowing he would return some day, Wu took the weapons and hid them. But without the weapons close to them, the brothers aged to older forms. Don’t worry though, they live extremely long naturally. Wu will be around for a good long while.[/size]

I first posted this on the Lego message boards, and I decided to post this here since this looks like a cool place for LEGO fans. So, what did you guys think of it? How much sense does it not make? Too farfetched?[/size]

First of all, welcome to BZPower! You seem like an awesome guy. ;)

Anyway, this theory is pretty decent. I don't know if it's all that accurate, considering I don't know if the actual writers of the story ever put quite that much thought into it. But in any case, this theory does a decent job of patching up the plot holes.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I have a theory about Garmadon and Wu's age:[/size]

In the beginning of the series, things were pretty simple. Garmadon and Wu are, like, really old, because they're the sons of the creator of the world, and a long time ago they fought and bla bla bla, Garmadon was cast down to the underworld. But the theme continued (yay!), and things started becoming confusing when Lloyd was introduced. Lloyd is clearly a young boy when he's introduced. Maybe around 10 or so. THEN, we find out about Garmadon's origin. As a child he was bitten by a seemingly very young and small Great Devourer, a snake that was worshipped by the Serpentine in the days of old. Which supports the idea that the brothers are still pretty old. [/size]

In addition to the Lloyd problem, another problem arose in the middle of Season 2. That problem's name is....Misako. Misako seems to be close to the age of what Wu and Garmadon [/size]look[/size] like they are, and since she is a normal human, she's probably around..56 when she's introduced. While she's kind of old it isn't anywhere near impossible for her to have a son Lloyd's age. She could have had him in her mid 40s. So, she isn't much of a problem, and neither is Lloyd, if we assume this.[/size]

So, let's go back to the Sensei Bros and look at their appearances. Garmadon and Wu look pretty old right? Of course, not TOO old, or they wouldn't be able to do as much cool stuff as they do. So.. let's say the current age of their [/size]BODIES [/size]is around 58-60. Even people as long lived as them get old eventually, as their deceased father would show. Now, let's get to REAL problem. In the mini episode, "Battle Between Brothers" we see a young Garmadon and Wu. At this time, they look like they're in their twenties or late teens at this point. This was the big moment where Garmadon was banished, and he would not be seen again till the series started. Lloyd HAD to be born before this, no ifs, ands or buts. So, in 10 years time, Garmadon and Wu went from young men, to old dudes. Odd, right? Well, it gets odder. [/size]

The two both fought in the First Serpentine War. Given the presence of a brown haired young Misako, it couldn’t have happened a very long time ago, so it’s safe to say that the war happened about...40 years before the Tournament of Elements. Misako would be about 18 at this time. Garmadon and Wu both look pretty much exactly the same as they would later during their battle, except that Garmadon isn’t pale or permanently red eyed. So, we know for sure that Garmadon and Wu had looked young for a long time before turning old in a very short time. In the old picture we see of the bros and Misako in “The Day Ninjago Stood Still”, Garmadon has gone pale and red eyed already, Wu is exactly the same still, and Misako is wearing glasses and her hair is lighter, so she was the only one aging at that point. So, the time this picture was taken is very close to the time he was banished. So, the two became a lot older in 10 years, which wouldn't be a lot in their long lives right? Why, you might be asking? Well, the ANSWER (theory) that I've thought of IS........[/size]

Let’s talk about their father. The First Spinjitzu Master lived for, like, practically forever! He was around since the beginning of the world of Ninjago, and even before that, and if Ninjago is thousands of years old, he is even older. But, as we know, even he eventually grew old, and passed. He possessed the Golden Power, which made him practically omnipotent. So, because of it his aging was super slowed down. When Garmadon and Wu are kids (let’s say they’re 8-10), he’s already pretty old. He looked similar to the brothers’ appearances now, so a few thousand years had passed since he created Ninjago already by the time he made them since he looked young when he made it. I theorize that to create two beings that were like him, his power was divided between them. Thus even though they have the element of Creation, they can’t make something from nothings , but they can summon an elemental dragon. This also had the effect of making their natural lifespan not as long as his but still pretty long. [/size]

But, the Golden Weapons, present in the monastery they lived in, reacted to relatives of the Master in a special way. They lengthened the bros lifespan! It slowed down their aging to be more like their father’s! Thus little Garmadon and Wu aged up to young adults, and they remained as such for thousands of years. Alongside their father (and maybe even ancient Elemental Masters (ancestors of the ones we see during the First Serpentine War), they fought many great enemies, including the Skulkin! But eventually their father passed away in the tomb he made for himself, and 10 years before the show, Garmadon would finally lose his long battle with the venom of the Great Devourer and be struck down by his brother. Knowing he would return some day, Wu took the weapons and hid them. But without the weapons close to them, the brothers aged to older forms. Don’t worry though, they live extremely long naturally. Wu will be around for a good long while.[/size]

I first posted this on the Lego message boards, and I decided to post this here since this looks like a cool place for LEGO fans. So, what did you guys think of it? How much sense does it not make? Too farfetched?[/size]

First of all, welcome to BZPower! You seem like an awesome guy. ;)

Anyway, this theory is pretty decent. I don't know if it's all that accurate, considering I don't know if the actual writers of the story ever put quite that much thought into it. But in any case, this theory does a decent job of patching up the plot holes.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't think that the writers thought that much about it either, I just think it's fun to try to piece things together.

When you first started out, I was assuming you were just going to repeat the same theory that I've seen two or three times on here, the one that suggests Lloyd carries that same long lifespan, and so his "childhood" lasts longer than it should for a normal being. That would explain why the age acceleration in one of the episodes only seemed to age him to his mid/late-teens, rather than a young adult, like the other Ninja.

Even so, your theory still seems rather plausible, and it hereby receives the Shadow Proclamation of Approval. :P Well-done.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

When you first started out, I was assuming you were just going to repeat the same theory that I've seen two or three times on here, the one that suggests Lloyd carries that same long lifespan, and so his "childhood" lasts longer than it should for a normal being. That would explain why the age acceleration in one of the episodes only seemed to age him to his mid/late-teens, rather than a young adult, like the other Ninja.

Even so, your theory still seems rather plausible, and it hereby receives the Shadow Proclamation of Approval. :P Well-done.

Thanks! But actually I think the ninja are also in their mid/late teens. I think it'd make more sense that if the Tea turned the ninja to their original ages, that it would turn Lloyd into an average of all their ages combined.

I'd say the ages of the ninjas are (from the pilot to Season 2):

Kai: 15

Jay: 15

Cole: 16

Zane: (forever 16-18)

Lloyd: 10 (physically 15.75)

And then everyone is two years older from Rebooted and onwards.

• Upvote 1