BZPower's New Spinny for 2015

14year.gif

Here is the new spinny for members that have been here for fourteen years. It is Gali's Mask of Water! I first noticed it on Hapori Tohu's news posts, and I thought I would make a topic to see what everyone thinks of this mask being a new spinny.

So, what do you all think about it? :P

Edit: Credit goes to Bfahome for making it. Sorry I didn't put this in the post when I made it.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 4

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I would have expected the Mask of Fire, given how iconic it is, but I guess this works. At least it's not the Mask of Jungle.

Mask of Fire was probably deemed too similar to the past Kanohi Hau spinnies. I would have expected the Mask of Creation, but I suppose that's just yet another instance where they couldn't get it in-hand early enough to make it as a spinny in time for the anniversary. Can't complain about the Mask of Water, though—the classic Kanohi Kaukau was never used as a spinny, and the new version is just gorgeous.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I would have expected the Mask of Fire, given how iconic it is, but I guess this works. At least it's not the Mask of Jungle.

Mask of Fire was probably deemed too similar to the past Kanohi Hau spinnies. I would have expected the Mask of Creation, but I suppose that's just yet another instance where they couldn't get it in-hand early enough to make it as a spinny in time for the anniversary. Can't complain about the Mask of Water, though—the classic Kanohi Kaukau was never used as a spinny, and the new version is just gorgeous.

We've also had about five or so spinnies by now from various Fire characters, so I'm glad it's not another. Good point about the Mask of Creation; it definitely would have been the most iconic mask to represent the year, so that's a pretty reasonable explanation as to why it wouldn't have been chosen.

Definitely agreed on how gorgeous mask of Water is though! Sure makes it suitable as a spinny in my eyes.

~B~

Edited by Ballom

I quite like it. Like other's said, I'm surprised it isn't the mask of creation. Over the past years we've seen a lot of red and gold, and blue is a nice change. Gali's mask is probably my favorite out of the 2015 masks, so no complaints here

• Upvote 2

2xu8Ptu.png

I expected the Mask of Creation, seeing that the first year one is the vahi, but I'm happy to see the spinnies bionicle masks again!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

As was surmised, the Mask of Creation was not used since we couldn't get one early enough. The Mask of Water was chosen to mix things up from the usual red and gold rut we were stuck in in the past.

Good choice. I get tired of seeing red masks. I wouldn't mind seeing more blue masks as spinnies in the future, maybe even some green ones as well.

I gotta wait until I'm married and have kids to get this spinny. :(

That's not how BZP's rewards system works.

He's simply saying, he's so new to the site, and he'll have to wait so long for the spinny, that he'll probably be married by the time he gets it.

No, he'll actually have to get married and have kids to unlock the mask of water spinny DLC.

Everyone knows that.

• Upvote 2

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

He's simply saying, he's so new to the site, and he'll have to wait so long for the spinny, that he'll probably be married by the time he gets it.

No, he'll actually have to get married and have kids to unlock the mask of water spinny DLC.

Everyone knows that.

The mask is only available to those who have won the golden mask contest by Lego. They will be given a special tour of the Lego factory by celebrity tour guide Gene Wilder.

Of those lucky few that survive (if any), they will receive the spinny mask.

• Upvote 5

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Everyone knows that.

The mask is only available to those who have won the golden mask contest by Lego. They will be given a special tour of the Lego factory by celebrity tour guide Gene Wilder.

I am severely underpaid.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

Everyone knows that.

I can confirm that that's how my brother and I earned the Trans. Blue Mask of Water. The attendees who stole fizzy lifting drinks got NOTHING.

• Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Too bad working at BZPower isn't a legitimate job, you guys would make hundreds of thousands of dollars from the premier memberships. 

The PMships cover operating costs, and very very little else. Alas, it would be nice!

• Upvote 3

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Surprised it's not Tahu's mask tbh!

Tahu's mask is definitely one of the most iconic (besides the Mask of Creation), but there have already been a lot of red and gold spinnies, including a previous version of Tahu's mask for the nine-year spinny. By contrast, the only other blue spinny is the six-year Faxon, which is a much darker color.