• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Main Page Updated

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,133 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 23 2011 - 08:40 PM

You may have noticed that silly banner at the top of the page went away - that's because the links and other content on the front page has been updated to point to the new forums! It's not all done yet, hot topics, the member spotlight, and other things still have to be fixed. But you should be able to easily navigate to the forums, blogs, and archive now! If you see any errors you'd like to report, send a PM to me (Black Six).

View the full article

#2 Offline Guardian Knuckles

Guardian Knuckles
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 538 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:04 AM

That's pretty nice! Wait a minute....The great Tohu speaks! :bowdown: :tohu: :bowdown:

#3 Offline Toa of Nerds

Toa of Nerds
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,488 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 10:23 AM

Since the member spotlight is still not working, that means that Eeko's incredible run in the spotlight continues. What is it, six months now? But I'm very glad that hokey banner at the top was removed. It was starting to get on my nerves.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Kicking the Bucket (archived)

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)
Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!
Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

Posted Image

#4 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,973 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 10:25 AM

That's great. I was starting to get a bit bored of the banner over the top anyway.-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 07/21/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#5 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,801 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 10:50 AM

I was actually getting use to the banner. But I'm glad that the links work now.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#6 Offline Leto

Leto
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 39 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 11:03 AM

Will the hot topics and member spotlight be updated as well?

#7 Offline Cadmium Kyogre P~M

Cadmium Kyogre P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 447 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 11:47 AM

Okay, let's see...I like the addition of the Archive to the "Enter BZPower Forums" block. That will be useful.Premier Member list is still broken, although the Premier Members topic link is for the new one, yay...The first part of the QuickNav works, but the Bionicle Reference item links to the archive, and the BZPowercast page hasn't been updated...BZPRPG link is for the new topic...The gallery is working, although I don't know if that is new or if it was before...A whole bunch of other links have been updated.And that's all I noticed for now.--:ruru:

3DS FC:   5412 - 9945 - 2378

steam_sig.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#8 Offline GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 914 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 12:22 PM

Yay. This'll be much easier to navigate now. I can't wait for hot-topics!
Posted Image
Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

#9 Offline TAK The Voyager

TAK The Voyager
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,722 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 10:52 PM

Awesome, now things seem to work in full effect on the front page.TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

#10 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 24 2011 - 11:50 PM

Back to two clicks before reaching the forum main page, huh? :PSmall update, but it's good that it happened.

jlovfkk.jpg

#11 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 11,036 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 11:02 AM

I was expecting a huge change of come sort. It's really nice that they've stuck with the old-school layout. I love it.

gart3banner.jpg

#12 Offline Cadmium Kyogre P~M

Cadmium Kyogre P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 447 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 11:30 AM

Back to two clicks before reaching the forum main page, huh? :PSmall update, but it's good that it happened.

Two clicks? I only seem to need one click...--:ruru:

steam_sig.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#13 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 12:34 PM

Well, the first click reaches the Reference Desk. The second click reaches the main forum page.

jlovfkk.jpg

#14 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 10,915 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 01:02 PM

Well, the first click reaches the Reference Desk. The second click reaches the main forum page.

Are you clicking on the word "discussion" on the top banner? That should get you straight to the forum index.~Gata. ;)

Please don't use my avatar without permission, thanks ^_^

#15 Offline HAZMAT

HAZMAT
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Flying Force!

• 2,365 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 01:23 PM

Are you clicking on the word "discussion" on the top banner? That should get you straight to the forum index.~Gata. ;)

Or you could just click on "Enter BZPower Forums" on the sidebar image.

#16 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,416 posts

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 03:23 PM

That's what I've always done. In fact, amusingly I was unaware that the words in the top banner were actually links, even after being here so long. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/blush.pngBut yes, glad to see the front page going back to normal. :)~B~

Posted Image

#17 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,702 posts

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 03:25 PM

Applaud the update. Makes the site look a bit more professional and less like it was randomly thrown together.

#18 Offline Peach 00

Peach 00
  • Banned Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,195 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 25 2011 - 09:03 PM

Good to have a memory of what the old forums looked like with the same front page. I was expecting a difference, but I'm glad it wasn't changed.
On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground
And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground
Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained
And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away
And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands
Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in
I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

#19 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,062 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2011 - 01:16 PM

Wait, what silly banner?

#20 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,293 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Nov 26 2011 - 02:11 PM

Wait, what silly banner?

I think he means the white bar that was at the top of the main page that read, "Until the main page is updated, you can access the new forums by clicking here."

Don't worry, Ballom. I...didn't know you could do that either. o_o

#21 Offline Erebus

Erebus
  • Premier Member
  • Fact Team Member

• 11,476 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 26 2011 - 08:39 PM

I always thought that was a header image without a link. :/Thanks for the tip!

jlovfkk.jpg

#22 Offline Cadmium Kyogre P~M

Cadmium Kyogre P~M
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 447 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 26 2011 - 10:52 PM

I use the "Enter BZPower Forums" sidebar link, but I didn't even realize the text on the masthead were links... O.oOh, and the "Reference" link in the aforementioned masthead links to the archive...--:ruru:

steam_sig.png

#23 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,629 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 28 2011 - 02:29 PM

It could still use more of an update, IMO. For one thing, that Glatorian ad could stand to be removed; does it even bring in revenue now that Bionicle's over?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#24 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,702 posts

Posted Nov 28 2011 - 09:49 PM

It could still use more of an update, IMO. For one thing, that Glatorian ad could stand to be removed; does it even bring in revenue now that Bionicle's over?

No. But I wouldn't be to persnickety about it; I just want the hot topic indicator back, although leaving it offline does have its advantages.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users