G2 Toa Regeneration Theory

I was thinking about this the other day when I first saw the screenshots of Skull Slicer wearing the Gold Mask of Jungle, and then thought about all of the time stuff from reading the seven page preview of the first book. Then I thought of this.

The Toa are called upon whenever the Prophecy of Heroes is recited at the Temple of Time. The heroes then come down from the sky and do whatever it is they need to do, including the task of obtaining the Golden Masks.

The heroes are said to be "timeless", and we are led to believe that the previous statement is true, but what about when the heroes are not needed? Do they just go back up into space and wait another hundred or so years before being called again, in which they lose their memories? I think not.

I believe the Toa are "rebuilt" or "re-formed" above the planet where Okoto resides, and are given a signal to come back down by the Protectors at the Temple of Time, leaving the previous group of heroes with the same identities on the surface of the planet somewhere. It explains how the mask makers were able to make the Golden Masks in the first place without having to guess at what the Toa would look like, as the first generation (pun not intended; NOT a continuation theory) of Toa were there to witness the creation of the masks. It also explains the memory loss seen in each Toa, as they are essentially "new" beings. This leaves one question, however: where are the previous heroes?

I have a feeling that I may not be right, but I believe that the Skull Army is made up of the remains of the previous Toa. They draw upon the same elemental powers, they look similar, and were once utilized by the Okoto islanders. The Skull Army's members, however, have just been reincarnated as strange amalgamations of their former selves. They also draw upon the energies from the Golden Masks, which would have previously been their own masks. Maybe the Toa were thrown into the ancient arena at some point, where Skull Slicer resides. Maybe they were tasked with protecting the main gate of the City of the Mask Makers (Skull Warrior), or guarding the main gates of old cemeteries (Skull Scorpio) or the Mask Forge (Skull Basher)? Whatever purpose the Toa were needed for, they had to have done something else on Okoto after their job was complete.

• Upvote 5

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

The basic premise works quite well, though we regrettably have a dearth of evidence in regards to it right now.

As for the Skull villains, I see problems (though I like the idea.) What about the multiple Warriors and Scorpios? Why does Skull Slicer have.four arms, when he's simply a skeleton who's been reanimated by LoSS? Why no Gali-counterpart?

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I was going along with it, but then you went somewhere else. I think you were on to something with the skull warriors being remains of previous heroes. Maybe they aren't the same species as the Toa. How about this?

The toa are timeless, memories wiped, yada yada

Skull Basher looks like a Minotaur (before I continue, just a heads up, I've been reading Percy Jackson lately so Greek mythology is on my mind), and as such, is dangerous and whatnot. The Basher specifically could be some ancient evil that terrorized Okoto in the past and has been reanimated in a decaying state.

The rest of them could be other evils that have terrorized Okoto in the past and are all back in decayed states as well...

Now, all of them have been defeated by our Toa before, but as individual threats...But this time, they are all here at the same time, teaming up for the ultimate evil.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Skull Basher looks like a Minotaur (before I continue, just a heads up, I've been reading Percy Jackson lately so Greek mythology is on my mind), and as such, is dangerous and whatnot. The Basher specifically could be some ancient evil that terrorized Okoto in the past and has been reanimated in a decaying state.

The rest of them could be other evils that have terrorized Okoto in the past and are all back in decayed states as well...

Now, all of them have been defeated by our Toa before, but as individual threats...But this time, they are all here at the same time, teaming up for the ultimate evil.

This could be true, but I was thinking that the Skull warriors were just strange, built-from-spare-bones versions of the past heroes. Maybe Skull Slicer is a combination of two different versions Lewa, or Lewa and some other poor Toa. Maybe the remains of Onua somehow combined with a beast that the Toa had to defeat in the past. I'm all for your thinking, but I can find ways to adapt it to the OP.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I always thought the temple of time simply gave the toa mortal bodies and if they died, their spirits would leave their bodies and return to the temple. As for the skull villains, Grinder was the leader of an army that tried to stop the LOSS when it first attacked, but he died and got reanimated to steal the mask. However, Kulta retained some of his memories from being alive and knew Makuta would be up to no good, so he decided to destroy the Mask of Creation in order to keep it out of his boss's hands. The Skull Warriors are the soldiers in Grinder's army reborn as skeletons, Basher is part of a species composed of Minotaur-like creatures that are endangered due to the Lord of Skull Spiders and Scorpio is a creation. That's what I think anyway. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I always thought the temple of time simply gave the toa mortal bodies and if they died, their spirits would leave their bodies and return to the temple. As for the skull villains, Grinder was the leader of an army that tried to stop the LOSS when it first attacked, but he died and got reanimated to steal the mask. However, Kulta retained some of his memories from being alive and knew Makuta would be up to no good, so he decided to destroy the Mask of Creation in order to keep it out of his boss's hands. The Skull Warriors are the soldiers in Grinder's army reborn as skeletons, Basher is part of a species composed of Minotaur-like creatures that are endangered due to the Lord of Skull Spiders and Scorpio is a creation. That's what I think anyway. 

*claps* I wouldn't mind this being written into the story. It makes sense. However, you didn't explain Skull Slicer; Remains of an octopus...with legs? :P

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Skull Scorpio is simply a scorpion made from the remains of dead villagers. We don't know why Kulta chose to do this, he just did it.

It's a bunch of zombies turned into a giant scorpion. it adds both 'eww gross' and 'eww awesome' to the typical lineup of robot(?) zombies, which have been used in so much media in the past ten years that ninety percent of people, when zombified, would seek celebrity status rather than brains.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...