Bionicle Mafia XXIV : The Big Sleep

Not Quite Dead

Wait is Tiragath actually dead or are you joking again? And if he is dead, why is he dead and what was his role?

He is dead, no jokes. He died because the village lynched him on suspicions of murdering the Turaga, his role was to provide an early hint for you guys.

Also as Pulse pointed out, I am Tiragath.

...but close to it

Night One
It was nearing the end of civil twilight when the troubles began. All across the village, people were under a heavy cloud of fear and apprehension after the murder at mid day. The eerie and anemic aurora only added to the disturbing atmosphere. Villagers rushed through the streets towards their homes, fearful of staying outside. The two soldiers had secluded themselves from the village, locked inside their metal crypt. Two men however, did not fear the night. They enjoyed an empty and quiet pub, drinks and the telling of stories late into the night, far after the others had fallen asleep.

One villager was not so hasty, they sat in a rather melancholy mood. Amidst a hidden bed of flowers, they sat picking the petals off, cursing their luck and hoping for the future at once. "They love me, they love me not. They love me, they love me not. They love me, they love me... not." They had plucked the final petal from the chrysanthemum, maybe they really weren't for them, a shame.

In the darkness surrounding the entranced villager, nefarious forces gathered. One of their number had not yet made themselves present, so they waited.
A crack echoed through the darkness, the ne'erdowells jumped at the sound and conversed in low tones. Spooked, they fled. Another night they said. The protector smiled from his perch, his efforts had been successful. A shame he hadn't gotten a look at those responsible...

Far deeper in the night, a villager indulged himself, the fleeting and dark tendencies of the mind. A house was consumed by flame, the royalty within dead from the smoke long before the embers came crashing down upon him. At dawn, the villagers had gathered before the charred remains of Manducus' house, searching futilely for his immolated remains.

Ever the heavy sleeper, Gunhaver arrived late to the scene. Followed shortly after by Nato and Underscore, far the worse the wear for their night drinking.

"I sure hope he's got some sickies to be chuckin' now." Nato inclined, shaking his head at the sorry sight of the burnt house.

"Hey, that's RUDE!" Fishers had shown up late as well, just in time for the Oz-Matoran's off color remark. Heated words were exchanged and a scuffle broke out between them before the rest of the town pried them apart.

"This isn't no time for fighting! We need -reason!-" Shouted one of them. "Violence is not the answer!" Another yelled. "Yeah, one of these crazies musta done it!"

With growing ferocity, the crowd dragged Nato, Underscore, Fishers and the unfortunate Gunhaver to the gallows, their fates to be decided by a jury of their peers...

Manducus, Matoran - Burnt alive, Night One
You have twenty four hours to vote.

Edited by Lugh
  • Upvote 4

...but close to it

"I sure hope he's got some sickies to be chuckin' now." Nato inclined, shaking his head at the sorry sight of the burnt house.

Jeez.... you're making me sound like some kind of sarcastic, uncaring, emotionless jerk. 

Well done. :D

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Fine then, I vote fishers, because I don't like people who dislike my sense of humour. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

How did you know I was a heavy sleeper! 

Hmm. I vote for Nato too I suppose.

That's how this works right?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

But the person responsible for the murder is on the suspect list, unless there's some Secret Role shenanigans going on. So why would you think Tyler is responsible?

~Unit#phntk#1

Oh, there's the suspect list. That's what I get for not paying closer attention to the scene.

It was all a clever ruse on my part! You benighted rabble are but pawns in my cosmic hand of backgammon!

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Gunhaver's a heavy sleeper, Nato and Underscore were out drinking, but there's no excuse for Fishers showing up late to the scene. That could mean something. Probably doesn't, but I felt like it should be pointed out anyway.

~Unit#phntk#1

You know what? That makes sense. 

I change my vote from Nato to Fishers.

Edited by Gunhaver Nuva

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

So we don't get to vote on the failed Mafia killing? I guess Fishers was busy picking flowers. And why would showing up last seem suspicious. If anything, showing up first should be suspicious. But Nato's remark might indicate he was drunk enough to burn a house down.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Hmm... There appears to be someone in the mafia who shares my mindset. Kill off players who you know to be a risk usually early until you have evidence to point to kill specific roles... I very much doubt the person who suggested to kill mandacus is in that suspect list. Though it would be smart of mafia to make use of a wildcard, Gunhaver. Afterall we have no clue how he plays, what his style is, and no can use 'Well he plays mafia alot in prior games' accusations... Hmm...

I'm going to hold off on voting for now, though Tiragath, are there hints in these scenes?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hmm... There appears to be someone in the mafia who shares my mindset. Kill off players who you know to be a risk usually early until you have evidence

No offense to Manducus, but when has he been considered an especial risk?

Yeah. I'm usually a villager or a pro-town role. Nothing malicious from me.

Edited by Lord Commander Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

Hmm... There appears to be someone in the mafia who shares my mindset. Kill off players who you know to be a risk usually early until you have evidence to point to kill specific roles... I very much doubt the person who suggested to kill mandacus is in that suspect list. Though it would be smart of mafia to make use of a wildcard, Gunhaver. Afterall we have no clue how he plays, what his style is, and no can use 'Well he plays mafia alot in prior games' accusations... Hmm...

If I'm reading this scene correctly, the mafia failed in its killing because the medic saved whoever was to be killed. Then someone else, not related to the mafia but one of the secret roles, killed Manducus. 

One villager was not so hasty, they sat in a rather melancholy mood. Amidst a hidden bed of flowers, they sat picking the petals off, cursing their luck and hoping for the future at once. "They love me, they love me not. They love me, they love me not. They love me, they love me... not." They had plucked the final petal from the chrysanthemum, maybe they really weren't for them, a shame.

In the darkness surrounding the entranced villager, nefarious forces gathered. One of their number had not yet made themselves present, so they waited.

The "entranced villager" appears to refer to the flower person, who is identified as a villager - a pro-village secret role. "Nefarious forces" appears to refer to the mafia. Then we have this: 

A crack echoed through the darkness, the ne'erdowells jumped at the sound and conversed in low tones. Spooked, they fled. Another night they said. The protector smiled from his perch, his efforts had been successful. A shame he hadn't gotten a look at those responsible...

The "ne'erdowells" appears to refer to the mafia again. This appears to indicate that the mafia's kill has failed due to the actions of a protector, who I take to be the medic.  

Notice now that the mafia is spooked and fleeing. They logically would be first on the scene of a killing, not last, since they are already up and running, as opposed to other villagers who would logically be sleeping.

I may decide to switch my vote soon based on this fact; however, I would rather not do so now as it will ensure that I will be lynched. 

Edited by fishers64

If I'm reading this scene correctly, the mafia failed in its killing because the medic saved whoever was to be killed. Then someone else, not related to the mafia but one of the secret roles, killed Manducus. 

Oh... yeah I just kind of skimmed through the scene... I was in a rush. Though even then my logic applies to the Secret Role

Hmm... There appears to be someone in the mafia who shares my mindset. Kill off players who you know to be a risk usually early until you have evidence

No offense to Manducus, but when has he been considered an especial risk?

Yeah. I'm usually a villager or a pro-town role. Nothing malicious from me.

Never said you were malicious. Typically when I'm mafia, I vouch for killing off people who are competent, will use their brains in voting, and are particularly good at piecing stuff together. In my eyes you 'typically' fall into that category mandacus

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

WARNING: BRAIN NOT OPERATIONAL

@Fishers Dagnabbit, you're right. So we've got a Pyro on our hands, no?

EDIT:

@Voxumo Manducus, who chooses his targets by RNG? Manducus, the embodiment of chaotic neutral? Are we talking about the same player here?

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Remember how Mandacus the mole in the Brotherhood took De Facto leadership of it and ran it into the ground in my game? Of course Luroka, who was not supposed to be a traitor, also helped with that.

Edit: Oh and I also need to say that I find your lack of suspect lists (for the failed Mafia killing) disturbing.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

"This isn't no time for fighting! We need -reason!-" Shouted one of them. "Violence is not the answer!" Another yelled. "Yeah, one of these crazies musta done it!"

With growing ferocity, the crowd dragged Nato, Underscore, Fishers and the unfortunate Gunhaver to the gallows, their fates to be decided by a jury of their peers...

You looking for this?

Blog "A Cask of Amontillado": Breaking News

My jokes from earlier aside, I thought I'd take a moment to explain the reasoning behind my vote: 

Ever the heavy sleeper, Gunhaver arrived late to the scene. 

Assuming this bit about being a heavy sleeper isn't just an outright lie, it could be as simple as Gunhaver just slept in. 

Followed shortly after by Nato and Underscore, far the worse the wear for their night drinking.

Underscore and I were drinking and chatting all night in the bar, and it seems quite heavily implied that we were together the entire time. So unless we're both pyros, I'm pretty sure it isn't either one of us. 

"Hey, that's RUDE!" Fishers had shown up late as well, just in time for the Oz-Matoran's off color remark. 

Of the four suspects, fishers is the only one who seemingly has no explanation whatsoever as to why she's late, which seems awfully suspicious to me. Hence my choice in vote. 

I don't follow. 

We four are the suspects, therefore one of us must be guilty. 

you are all suspects for arriving to the crime before everyone else

But we're not?