Should future Masters to carry launchers?

Nescent

I wouldn't mind the return of disk launchers am I right?

I did not particularly like the original Kanoka launchers. The disks were really bulky, making it a bit confusing how a character could be expected to carry enough ammo for more than one shot. The launchers themselves weren't very compact either.

If Bionicle brought back disk launchers, I think a variation on this concept could be cool. The ammo for these shooters is much more compact and versatile, and can even still be printed. The shooters themselves are also more compact, allowing for more customization options. The biggest disadvantages are that the smaller ammo would be less powerful, and that the current shooter design is optimized for System sets rather than Technic ones (so a new version might be necessary).

I did not mind the larger disks so much in 2001 when they were simple throwing weapons, especially since in most media appearances they returned to their user after being thrown, which solved the problem of not being able to carry too many spares. In the toys themselves they could be very tricky to aim, though.

I kind of doubt bringing back actual throwing disks would be an option. While they're cool conceptually, it's hard to build a working throwing mechanism without a specialized single-piece arm, which wouldn't be nearly as appealing these days after such huge strides have been made in the articulation of sets and the complexity of their builds. It's something that thwarted me time and time again when trying to build a Lariska MOC that could actually throw knives.

• Upvote 3

If gen 2 is gonna keep that Bionicle first year like seting i prefer no launchers cause launchers at least for me are too futureistic.

And biomechanical creatures aren't futuristic? :P
Yea but these biomechanical creatures are very tribal compared to metro nui.

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Yes, Lego should continue making new launcher types, but no, they shouldn't be given to Masters. I'd much prefer it if stuff like that stayed with the smaller sets; it adds a little more appeal to buying them. 

• Upvote 3

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

No. Launchers take up plastic and effort that could have gone into better the sets themselves. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

No. Launchers take up plastic and effort that could have gone into better the sets themselves.

Launchers are PART of the sets themselves. And for that matter, if they were shared with other themes, like the launchers in this year's Protector sets, their design and engineering might not even fall under the Bionicle design team's umbrella.

I mean, your comment might make sense regarding the giant, bulky, and usually-only-used-for-one-year launchers of the classic theme. But considering the only G2 launchers so far have been much more basic, versatile, and well-designed, it's probably best not to assume that they'd be as wasteful or limited in use.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Please no. Leaving them to the impulse sets was a good idea. The over-saturation of launchers in BIONICLE's latter years really made me sour about them.

-NotS

I would have to agree with this. Sour isn't the word I'd use in my case, however...perhaps bored or uninterested...

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica