Kulta and Skull Scorpio Mods

Went and made some mods to Kulta and Skull Scorpio last night. Nothing major with Kulta, but Scorpio has pretty much been overhauled.

Kulta

19299989353_2c1c5c1122_c.jpg

• Lowered and filled in the chest
  • Added spooky back spikes
  • Added extra friction to the shoulders
  • Added friction joints to the knees
  • Added a hilt and handle to the dagger

19732902348_d38943897d.jpg19298345664_fbf791deeb.jpg
19913431202_28cdff9106.jpg
19299987413_3f23de357f.jpg
19926062401_92691779a3.jpg

Skull Scorpio

19733072700_aefd4302be_c.jpg

• Added poseable legs
  • Added a poseable tail
  • Condensed the snipper
  • Lengthened the neck

19926115681_e622d3933b.jpg
19733035828_1d60bf020d.jpg
19921056165_20147f2c28.jpg
19300083803_a25216f437.jpg
19913509872_5a9c0d7c20.jpg

Whaddya think? c:
  • Upvote 3

I like the revamp done to Kulta since the gappy chest is now fixed up, but did you fix the flaw of his lack of arm strength? I also like how Scorpio has posable legs and the technic function got replaced with something that looks less ugly. Not sure where the blue rubber band came from, though.

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I like the revamp done to Kulta since the gappy chest is now fixed up, but did you fix the flaw of his lack of arm strength?

*cough*

19913431202_28cdff9106.jpg

Fourth picture down in the OP dude. He has an extra gear in each of his armpits :P

Not sure where the blue rubber band came from, though.

It's the band from the set! I don't often use elastic bands, let alone own many, so it's quite a treat to get hold of one again.

Edited by Logan McOwen

I like that you've put those HF blades to good use on Kulta, it looks good alongside the shoulder armor and fits the whole 'spooky' theme rather well. Makes me wish that LEGO would use these blades in their future Bionicle sets as well. Kulta looks less armor-and-bones now but I like the way it turned out.

And the modifications upon Scorpio(why no 'N', LEGO? Why?) improve his look dramatically. Her look? Its look. Yes.
I question why the tail and the snapping contraption weren't like that before. It's simple and looks to work the same way, plus the poseable elements on the tail make it look like it'd have better reach, I think. Easier to snag a Toa's mask from further away...!
The method for giving Scorpio the legs is simple but effective, though I wish the spikes-for-leg-ends were silver to match the rest of the color scheme. I also kind of wish that some of the translucent legs were replaced with bone-pieces, because while I like how the translucent legs look here, I don't like how symmetrical it looks, and tossing a silver bone onto one or two of the legs, making them full bone.. in my mind, that would be appealing, and go along with the 'undead' theme a little more, but that is only my opinion.

Overall though, I like it, and I hope if you give the other Skulls moods.. I for one would love to see what you come up with :)

• Upvote 1

Nice trick to stabilize Kulta's arms, there.

And Scorpio looks incredible with that overhaul you've done. At first, I found the different-colored translucent pieces on the claws and tail jarring with all the new lime green, but on further thought they add some nice variety. The rubber band looks a little too taught when the stinger's opened; hopefully it's in no danger of breaking. I also appreciate the simple (yet effective) armor on the back and shoulders - especially the slight angle of the latter. Cirkitree might have a point about the legs, but I do find the current distribution of color to be very nice.

Thanks for sharing these!

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1