Baranus V7 was never reviewed?

Takanuinuva

Looking back and remembering past reviews of sets. I realized that during 2009 with the Glatorian year that the Baranus V7 set didn't get a front page review. Any particular reason why?

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=4363

That search function can be sneaky.

Whoops I completed mentioned the wrong set. It was the Baranus V7 that was never reviewed not the Thornatus. Could someone change the title and the tag

Edit: Title and tag changed.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

The Baranus was (in my opinion, as someone who owns it) the worst of the 2009 vehicle sets. But it was still passable. Plus it had some decent parts, like the ever-useful 5x11 Technic beam and the hawt blended masks from that two-headed whatchamacallit.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm tempted to do a proper staff review of this now.

But I also don't want to pay money.

Members of BZP, convince our admins to buy and send me this set, and I will deliver hard-hitting journalism.

I will provide for you captivating commentary such as "of all the ways to arrange the available pieces, this sure is one of them" and "This piece is green blended with a much more different green."

I will not let you down.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 6

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

why wasn't the Special Edition Jetrax T6 reviewed?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

But it's technically different. And should be treated as such. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well I happen to have it and I can't really do a proper review of it as one of the legs is broken. However though it's not that bad, the animal thing that comes with it is quite nice and the agori that comes with it is.... well an agori. Although the cart itself is pretty poor in design, for example there are these blades that stick out that can cause the chains to become caught, plus the cart itself looks kinda looks incomplete, it's an alright animal set but nothing to go out of your way to buy (unless it's cheap). 

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Okay but there is an official reason for the lack of a review. Until recently when TLG finalized an official site support position, we were sent sets to review sporadically. So most reviews were done by staff members who went out and purchased the set themselves (which is still how we do most of our system reviews). Simply put, no one bought it and wanted to review it. There was an attempt to do an official bzp staff video review at Brickcon that year, but it didn't meet our quality standards at the time.

• Upvote 3

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Okay but there is an official reason for the lack of a review. Until recently when TLG finalized an official site support position, we were sent sets to review sporadically. So most reviews were done by staff members who went out and purchased the set themselves (which is still how we do most of our system reviews). Simply put, no one bought it and wanted to review it. There was an attempt to do an official bzp staff video review at Brickcon that year, but it didn't meet our quality standards at the time.

"There *is* an official reason" should be "there *was*"...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

"There *is* an official reason" should be "there *was*"...

Nope. The official reason there was no review is still a current official reason. Ergo, there is an official reason why there was no review. We only do reviews for sets currently available.
  • Upvote 1

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg