Crossing The US Border With Large Metal Vahi?

Alright, so a number of you may remember a few months ago when I posted about my custom forged life sized bronze Vahi. Well I'm planning to visit my boyfriend in the states this weekend, and we might be attending Brickfair (Virginia). As such, I would like to bring the Vahi with me, but I'm nervous that in crossing from Canada into the US, the border guards might give me trouble. I don't have room in my two allowed pieces of luggage to hold it, so I'd likely have to wear it as I usually do, like a pauldron:

d0wDnVu.jpg

ho1Tmo2.jpg

So I guess my question then is, do you think I'll be okay crossing the border with this, or would they try and say it is, or could be used as a weapon?

Edited by Vahkiti Master of Time

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

I think it should be good, but don't quote me on that.

I'm actually kicking myself a bit now, since apparently I could have contacted the border information center basically anytime yesterday, but they're closed entirely on weekends, and I have to leave tomorrow evening. >-<

BZP2024.jpg

Admin of Mask Of Destiny. Founder of The Beaverhouse, Litestone, & 810NICLE Day.

If you're flying you should definitely find a way to get it in your checked baggage. I mean, it maybe shouldn't be a problem, but it's not something I'd risk.

Actually I'm taking a Megabus from Toronto. They only allow one piece of luggage no bigger than 62 inches overall, and one carry-on bag no bigger than a briefcase. Both of those are full, and neither are really big enough to hold the mask. ._.

BZP2024.jpg

think the bus shouldn't be a problem. I haven't gone across the US border by vehicle in years, but it doesn't strike me as being nearly as stringent. A quick google brings up this, so basically the usual don't-bring-this-into-a-country stuff. So it's down to whether or not Megabus has any issues with a big metal mask.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky