Crazy Arms Kickstarter Gives Minifigs Mobility

Ever wish your minifigs' arms could be positioned in multiple directions? Well Guy Himber's latest Kickstarter from Crazy Bricks gives just that with Crazy Arms. Fresh off the successes of Mouse Guard accessories and Munchkin Bricks, this project steps out of niche genres to appeal to the masses, providing minifig-style arms pointing in a variety of directions. Check out the campaign to see how your minifig displays can be enhanced. Hurry, there is only one week left to show your support for Crazy Arms.

View the full article

Eh. I personally think they look quite ugly, and rather defeat the purpose of the minifig, where one standard arm design is meant to be all you need (and it's designed well-enough that I think that is the case).

~B~

Going to echo this pretty hardcore. I wish we could report on these projects in a less "GO GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY" kind of way, too.

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

You know, after watching the video and seeing how these work, I like them! While I personally would probably not use them that much since I'm a bit of a purist, I think this deserves to reach its goal, because I really like the way they attach the arms, since it reduces wear on the arm sockets on the torso and makes switching arms a lot easier than using arms designed to fit directly into the torso's arm sockets, which are prone to getting worn out after having arms yanked out of them repeatedly.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I thought at first that the arms were rubbery, so the could posed in any direction needed, but I am less of a fan now that I know they are pre-posed. I would rather just stick with the good old mini-figure arms instead. (Or mega bloks.)

• Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

The outstretched arm is nice. I don't particularly care for the one that's crossed in front of the body. Yes, it allows for more poses, but it just doesn't look very natural. Animations that give the arms this kind of flexibility (like in LEGO Ninjago or many of the LEGO video games) also tend to give the torso more flexibility so it doesn't feel so much like the character has to reach around their body at a sharp right angle to achieve this type of pose.

Also, I generally don't like swapping the arms of my minifigures if I can avoid it. But I might make an exception just to try these out with some of my LEGO Ninjago characters if they do get made. I went ahead and made a small pledge. It's not like I have anything to lose if this doesn't make its goal.

I thought at first that the arms were rubbery, so the could posed in any direction needed, but I am less of a fan now that I know they are pre-posed. I would rather just stick with the good old mini-figure arms instead. (Or mega bloks.)

I'm with you on this. At first glance they look like a nice idea, but the video made me dislike it. I'll just stick with the usual arms.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I'm with you on this. At first glance they look like a nice idea, but the video made me dislike it. I'll just stick with the usual arms.

This. Plus the lack of capability with mini-dolls thanks to the bracket is a turnoff. 

I guess if you want the "my arm's in a cast" look, that'll work.

The Munchkin Bricks link is the same URL as the Crazy Arms link. Here is the correct link.

©1984-2015 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life