Major Bionicle.com Summer 2015 Update

The official Bionicle website has received a massive update to tie in with the summer sets! The Okoto page now lets you view the City of the Mask Makers, with details on its landmarks like the City Gate, the Arena, the Graveyard, and the Forge. The Characters page now includes all the characters from the summer sets, with detailed info on their weapons. And the Build Page has been updated with instructions for the new sets and their combi models. Follow the links above to visit the updated site!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Lots of content in this update, which is nice.  Glad to see the combiner instructions up.  Like the winter updates, though, the site still seems a bit rough around the edges...  

5o83ya.png

Onya has a new friend!

• Upvote 11

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

LOL at Skull Basher's page. It details him at first, but then shows the Mask of Stone, Scorpio's battle function, and the Grinder/Ekimu/Scorpio combo. :P

Silly LEGO, that's not right. 

Yeah, it seems like the second row of content for Skull Basher's and Skull Scorpio's pages were swapped by accident. At least all of the content is available, just in the wrong place, so it should be easy enough to fix.

Unfortunately it does not confirm if the villains have any mask power of their own or if its just faces and they if are stealing the golden masks to gain "extra power" with stolen elemental masks.

Even back in 2001, lego provided much better detailed info for the toa mata, the turaga and the rahi and masks. I'm kinda disappointed at the story designers.

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

Scope that forge description 

Once Okoto’s most powerful place. Many, many great masks have been forged here; masks of strength, of speed and a thousand other miraculous powers. However, since Makuta’s betrayal, the furnace has been cold.

Mask powers confirmed maybe?

• Upvote 1

8fGh8H3.png

Nice update, but there are still some obvious mistakes. I never thought I'd ever say "obvious mistakes" in a sentence regarding a Lego website page, though. Mistakes like the ones that have been found on the website both now in the past should never be there in the first place, and I really shouldn't expect mistakes to happen like they did here.

All of this aside, I'm glad these bits have been added to the site. Maybe people can stop complaining about the world building and enjoy the year's story for what it is.

Unfortunately it does not confirm if the villains have any mask power of their own or if its just faces and they if are stealing the golden masks to gain "extra power" with stolen elemental masks.

Even back in 2001, lego provided much better detailed info for the toa mata, the turaga and the rahi and masks. I'm kinda disappointed at the story designers.

I think why the villains are stealing masks is supposed to be one of this year's big mysteries, same as why the Bohrok were destroying things indiscriminately in 2002 or why Matoran were disappearing on Metru Nui in 2004. It makes plenty of sense that it hasn't been revealed yet. For what it's worth, though, we DO know one of the things the stolen mask powers are being used for — to revive more skull creatures, as explained in Skull Warrior's product description.

I also can't help but think you're looking at the 2001 story information with rose-colored glasses, since the 2001 website and comics told us next to nothing about major story details like the Makoki Stones or Shadow Toa, and some things, like why the noble masks of power were "vital to the Toa's quest", were NEVER explained.  I'm not going to pretend there aren't problems with the new websites (like broken images, broken links, misplaced images and information, and typos), but as far as actual storytelling was concerned, let's not pretend the 2001 Bionicle website didn't leave any significant unanswered questions.

• Upvote 4

The Skull Grinder combi-model is one of the coolest combos in years. I honestly really hope it has some story relevance. Although I can imagine it won't just because it requires some of Ekimu's parts to build it. From what I can tell from my excerpts of the Amazon preview, Ekimu sticks around for the majority of the final battle.

The Skull Grinder combi-model is one of the coolest combos in years. I honestly really hope it has some story relevance. Although I can imagine it won't just because it requires some of Ekimu's parts to build it. From what I can tell from my excerpts of the Amazon preview, Ekimu sticks around for the majority of the final battle.

Have you actually built it yourself yet? When I did, I found that while impressive in theory it leaves much to be desired in practice. Notably, it uses all four friction joints from Skull Grinder on the legs, when the arms desperately need some added friction as well. As it is he has an enormous weapon that he can barely even hold up.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Just went through Skull Grinder's combo model instructions. It actually made me smile - the entire setup, the way of the build, the parts, it actually reminded me of the old Bionicle instructions, like the Boxor or other sets. A step in the right direction at least. They just need to find MUCH better site builders...

While I love me some updates, DANG IT they haven't learned a thing from winter. The website is still messy as all heck, and the typos and mistakes aren't even funny anymore.

Except Ekimo. That's actually kinda funny. 

Full thoughts on the CONTENT later, cause I really like what I'm seeing otherwise. 

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Scope that forge description 

Once Okoto’s most powerful place. Many, many great masks have been forged here; masks of strength, of speed and a thousand other miraculous powers. However, since Makuta’s betrayal, the furnace has been cold.

Mask powers confirmed maybe?

I saw this too. I would to see the return of Masks of various powers.

I like the whole update overall. Though I didn't see the 'Ekimo' typo when I double checked the page. Maybe they fixed it?

Edit: Nevermind. I found the typo in the 'Build' section of the site. I was just looking in the wrong place. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

This is where the Mask Maker has lain in deep sleep ever since the great cataclysm

Sound familiar?

That is exactly what I thought. What is the Great Cataclysm exactly now? The battle between the two?

Assumedly. That's what kickstarted the current miserable state Okoto's in.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is where the Mask Maker has lain in deep sleep ever since the great cataclysm

Sound familiar?

That is exactly what I thought. What is the Great Cataclysm exactly now? The battle between the two?

To be fair, the Ekimu/Makuta battle caused a "shockwave". Kinda like an earthquake. 

Sound familiar?

To be fair, the Ekimu/Makuta battle caused a "shockwave". Kinda like an earthquake. 

So Makuta went up against the big good guy, which ended up creating a shockwave and plunging everything into darkness?

Huh.

I still like the fleshing out of the story, though, and I'd like to learn more about this Ekimo guy

[Cyrix]

I think in the book the coliseum involves shifting tiles, beams, and rising pillars that elevate up to a lever which drops out sections of the floor. I'm guessing the objective of Hammer Flush is to use your skills to both reach and prevent your opponents from reaching the lever in an attempt to drop opposing players into the pits they open up. A little something like a complicated version of the Minecraft game "Spleef" if you've heard of it.

That's my best guess. They talk something about Lewa having read "the rules" while they're inside the arena in an excerpt of the book, so I think there might be a chance we'll actually learn exactly how this game is played. 

Edited by IXRollOutIX

Hammer Flush might just be this generation's Kohlii. xD

Pretty cool update, minus the many mistakes. The high-res character posters are awesome and having the animations and comics on one page is handy (but some of those comics, augh, they're awful). Also interesting to learn more about the City of the Mask Makers and its location on the map of Okoto. A coliseum is cool, and the story behind the forge is pretty awesome, but I was surprised at the graveyard. 

I didn't actually expect them to use the undead concept but I guess they are! Really cool. I like the idea that Skull Grinder is animating the army of Skull Warrior's, with lieutenants and commanders in the form of Basher and Slicer (who seem to have previously been important citizens to the now-wrecked city). And the Skull Scorpio creatures being creations of Grinder kind of reminds me of the Makuta's role in the original story.

The inclusion of a graveyard is a huge change from G1 (which deliberately excluded them because of the Red Star function) and shows the finiteness of the Protector's lifespan, which I find to be a cool addition. However, I wonder if they will introduce concepts of revival, seeing as Ekimu, after this long, should be dead and is clearly resurrected for this storyline. 

Overall, a really cool new story and I can't wait to see how it plays out in the animations.

Also, note how only Lewa is mentioned having his mask stolen? I know the Basher animation shows Onua's mask being taken, but that might even be a twist take on G1 in itself (maybe Lewa will save him!)

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Glad to see at least some kind of update, even if it's imperfect. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?