Some Ancient City Easter Eggs

So, some interesting information about the Ancient City has been added in the recent update to BIONICLE.com. (Such as its location being revealed as being in the mountainous corner of the Region of Water, for those who haven't heard. ;))

I spotted two G1-referencing Easter Eggs which some here may appreciate:

Firstly, the event in which Ekimu knocks the Mask of Ultimate Power off Makuta is being referred to on the Ancient City page as "the great cataclysm"; the same name as was used in G1 for the event in which Mata Nui is sent to sleep.

The ruined City of the Mask Makers is located deep in the jungles of the island. This is where the Mask Maker has lain in deep sleep ever since the great cataclysm.

Secondly, the description of the forge says that it was used in the past to make many masks of power including masks of strength and speed; referencing the G1 Pakari and Kakama worn by the Toa Mata.

Many, many great masks have been forged here; masks of strength, of speed and a thousand other miraculous powers.

Personally, I like how this opens the door to more interesting mask powers in the future, although it does make you wonder where all these masks are, seeing as the Protectors and Toa all seem to have pure elemental masks...

Has anyone else found any other Easter Eggs in the new information added?

P.S. Ekimu being misspelt as "Ekimo" about a billion times doesn't count. :P

Edit: Added quotes

P.P.S. Also, there is this:

currently the city is in a state of stasis, frozen in time

So we'd better be on the lookout for more hidden Vahi! :) Edited by Votuko
  • Upvote 3
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Well... There is a mask of Gravity in G1 and Gravity is an element in G1 so...

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm expecting now that the upgrade for the Toa includes mask powers. Though, I would love it if the powers were changed, like the Toa's personalities; Pohatman gets the Shielding, Gali gets speed, Lewa Strength, Tahu levitation (hoverboarding!), Onua the power of Night Vision and Kopaka's pretty much stuck with X-ray vision or some other vision-based power. 

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Also the arena has hexagonal pillars that can move up and down just like the Coliseum on Metru-Nui. 

-Onvermel- :pakari:

• Upvote 4

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Oooo please mask powers. And besides some of the gateways being giant stone heads, not sure what other easter eggs there are so far.

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Firstly, the event in which Ekimu knocks the Mask of Ultimate Power off Makuta is being referred to on the Ancient City page as "the great cataclysm"; the same name as was used in G1 for the event in which Mata Nui is sent to sleep.

I'm fairly certain that's actually referring to the chaos that happened right before that, namely, Makuta putting on the Mask of Ultimate Power ((cringe)), and the earthquakes and all that happened because of that.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)