My attempt at piecing everything together.

Ok. I'm going to do my best to tell the 2015 story, but using speculation -not truth- to fill in the blanks. Canon is regular text, speculation is bold.

On the island of Okoto, everything is great. All of the island's inhabitants live in the City of the Mask Makers, doing normal stuff. Little do they know that under the surface, a dark force lies in wait. Ekimu and Makuta make masks for the villagers, but Makuta grows jealous when Ekimu's masks are favored. He creates the Mask of Ultimate Power, breaking a sacred rule in the process. Ekimu is able to knock the mask from Makuta's face, but a shockwave ravages the city and the entire island. The brothers are sent into a deep sleep, their masks are scattered across the island, and many citizens are killed by the shockwave. Many villagers leave the city and establish villages in their element's region.

The Protectors are charged with guarding their element's Golden Mask of Power, and the duty is handed down from father to son. Nothing happens for a long time, but eventually, the Lord of Skull Spiders finds a mask that lets him control the Skull Spider hordes. The Spiders attack the island, searching for Masks of Power. The current Protectors summon the Toa using the Prophecy of Heroes. The Toa claim their Golden Masks, head for the City of the Mask Makers, and defeat the Lord of Skull Spiders.

Makuta is awakened by this sudden surge of power on the island. He is able to use his Mask of Control and reanimate the form of Kulta, who he puts under his control. Kulta raises an army of reanimated citizens, who are now various types of undead warriors. Apparently, the Lord of Skull Spiders is not dead, and is able to control the reanimated Skull Slicer.

Until the new animations and novels are officially out, I'm not going to go any farther. Feedback/constructive criticism is welcome.

• Upvote 1

Ekimu is able to knock the mask from Makuta's face, but a shockwave ravages the city and the entire island. The brothers are sent into a deep sleep, their masks are scattered across the island, and many citizens are killed by the shockwave.

It seems unlikely that the shockwave would kill people in the city, seeing as it originated from a point near to the coast of the Region of Stone and the Ancient City is in the mountains of the Region of Water.

Nothing happens for a long time, but eventually, the Lord of Skull Spiders finds a mask that lets him control the Skull Spider hordes.

This is possible, although the LEGO Club Magazine does state that the Lord of Skull Spiders can control the Skull Spiders telepathically, without mentioning the need for any mask. It may turn out that the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders has a different purpose in the story to that which the box implies.
  • Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Ekimu is able to knock the mask from Makuta's face, but a shockwave ravages the city and the entire island. The brothers are sent into a deep sleep, their masks are scattered across the island, and many citizens are killed by the shockwave.

It seems unlikely that the shockwave would kill people in the city, seeing as it originated from a point near to the coast of the Region of Stone and the Ancient City is in the mountains of the Region of Water.

Nothing happens for a long time, but eventually, the Lord of Skull Spiders finds a mask that lets him control the Skull Spider hordes.

This is possible, although the LEGO Club Magazine does state that the Lord of Skull Spiders can control the Skull Spiders telepathically, without mentioning the need for any mask. It may turn out that the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders has a different purpose in the story to that which the box implies.

I do agree with your first point, but on the second part all I was trying to say was LoSS was ready to launch his attack.

So it seems LoSS has telepathic powers, while the mask grants control of the hordes, which could lead to some interesting stuff.

I don't think this is the case - I think that just refers to that fact that LoSS is controlling them using the mask.

It's like me saying "I typed this post." I didn't mention the computer that allowed me to do so, but it is implied in the word typed and thus didn't need to be said. In the same way, LoSS is controlling the spiders through his mask, but the mask is implied to be the way he does it, and thus doesn't need to be stated there.

• Upvote 1

I don't think this is the case - I think that just refers to that fact that LoSS is controlling them using the mask.

It's like me saying "I typed this post." I didn't mention the computer that allowed me to do so, but it is implied in the word typed and thus didn't need to be said. In the same way, LoSS is controlling the spiders through his mask, but the mask is implied to be the way he does it, and thus doesn't need to be stated there.

I'm not sure it's implied that anything else is needed to control the Skull Spiders. Here is the Club Magazine quote for reference:

The vicious ruler of the parasitic Skull Spiders controls a deadly horde of monsters with his psychic powers.

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

I'm not sure it's implied that anything else is needed to control the Skull Spiders. Here is the Club Magazine quote for reference:

The vicious ruler of the parasitic Skull Spiders controls a deadly horde of monsters with his psychic powers.

I think he might actually need the mask. You would probably say that Vakama used his invisibility powers instead of saying Vakama used his Huna's invisibility powers. Anyway, does anyone have anything to say about the rest of my theory?

And assemble an entire army in such a short time? Unless the Skull Spiders are everywhere already, there's no way he could scrape up an invasion force on such short notice.

Like I said in the original theory -albiet it wasn't too clear- LoSS and his fellow Spiders lived underground. When LoSS found the mask, he decided it was time to launch an assault and claim the masks.

• Upvote 1