Member Titles

Naota Takizawa

If I remember correctly, Tohunga had to be changed to Matoran due to the Maori lawsuit challenging Lego's use of Polynesian words. However, the BZP member title "Tohunga" is still in use and I'm wondering how come it hasn't been changed.

I also have another question, will there be member titles based on the 2015 bionicle story? E.g. Something like this:

Skull Spiders Attack! (21,000 posts)

Ancient City Abandoned

Master of Fire-Ice Summoned

Toa Okoto Summoned

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

If I remember correctly, Tohunga had to be changed to Matoran due to the Maori lawsuit challenging Lego's use of Polynesian words. However, the BZP member title "Tohunga" is still in use and I'm wondering how come it hasn't been changed.

I also have another question, will there be member titles based on the 2015 bionicle story? E.g. Something like this:

Skull Spiders Attack! (21,000 posts)

Ancient City Abandoned

Master of Fire-Ice Summoned

Toa Okoto Summoned

The "Tohunga" post rank is simply a holdover, and I doubt it will (or needs) to be changed.

As for 2015 post ranks, they will undoubtedly be a thing - but as we can see with Hubert here, we already have post ranks going far into 20,000+ posts. It will be a loooong time before we see anything relating to 2015, especially if there are any Hero Factory related post ranks to get through as well.

I hope that answers your question? :)

Yeah - I don't think any 2015+ ranks will be added anytime soon, nor will the system get an overhaul until (if even then) more pressing projects are out of the way. It also would depend on interest, which you can gauge by making a suggestion ticket, if you'd like.

Anyway, thanks for the help, everyone, and -

I will campaign for a Metus-based rank called "Trusted Traitor."

I see what you did there.

• Upvote 2