Protecter of Earth is Female?!

ksprice45

I'd need proof before accepting any of the Protectors to have genders.

Amazon's preview of the Bionicle novel coming out later this year does confirm it. TTV Podcast even states the source

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I can't believe this...Why did they make Korgot female?!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I can't believe this...Why did they make Korgot female?!

Why wouldn't she be? 

In Gen1, the gender of Matoran didn't have an effect on their physical stature or strength, so if that's the case in Gen2, there isn't any reason for her to not be female and muscular. 

• Upvote 8

bZpOwEr

As far as we know, yeah. I think it's neat, I wouldn't have minded more of the Protectors being female, but I'm glad they did it. I also don't understand what you mean by the Protector of Earth looking like a man, considering they don't really have features that are distinctively male? Unless men all have bulky shoulder plates, in which I totally got ripped off.

• Upvote 3

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'm completely fine with it. I think it's great that Korgot was chosen to be a female. It gives a bit more of a variety to the character roster. I'm tired of Water characters usually being the only females. 

Besides, she looks feminine enough to me to be classified as female. Even if she didn't, there's no problem with that.

• Upvote 4

There goes my idea of calling the PoE Onepu/Nuparu. 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The protectors aren't old though, so she can't be a Grandma. It seems to me like all of the protectors are in their prime. I mean, if they're old then it's probably time for them to pass down the title of protector, ya know? Just in case they die and all that. This isn't the MU where everyone stupidly lives forever.

• Upvote 1

There goes my idea of calling the PoE Onepu/Nuparu. 

Same.

That's it! I'm done! ! !

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The protectors aren't old though, so she can't be a Grandma. It seems to me like all of the protectors are in their prime. I mean, if they're old then it's probably time for them to pass down the title of protector, ya know? Just in case they die and all that. This isn't the MU where everyone stupidly lives forever.

I'm sure there are seconds in command and other levels of hierarchy that we haven't been told about in order to keep things simpler. It's not like old age is going to be the only thing trying to kill the Protectors, especially once the Skull Buddies showed up, so it'd just be foolish to have one leader person and everyone else be normal.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm sure there are seconds in command and other levels of hierarchy that we haven't been told about in order to keep things simpler. It's not like old age is going to be the only thing trying to kill the Protectors, especially once the Skull Buddies showed up, so it'd just be foolish to have one leader person and everyone else be normal.
Not really. The protectors act as skilled warlords and leaders. A council for all of the tribes. Villagers are most likely capable of combat too, I'm not denying that, but the protectors are people who have been raised from the start to lead and to survive. Also, their current threats don't kill them, they simply take over their hosts body. The only confirmed thing to kill right now is age, and the Skull Baddies aren't even after the villages besides LoSS. Of course I know all of this because I was extremely curious and read all of those preview book pages... I dislike my thirst for information sometimes. Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Women come in as varied shapes and sizes as men do.

Pretty much, it's not like they are human anyway, they seem to have no differences between male and female, from what I can tell.

Maybe females are more muscular than males on Okoto? 

bZpOwEr

Not really. The protectors act as skilled warlords and leaders. A council for all of the tribes. Villagers are most likely capable of combat too, I'm not denying that, but the protectors are people who have been raised from the start to lead and to survive. Also, their current threats don't kill them, they simply take over their hosts body. The only confirmed thing to kill right now is age, and the Skull Baddies aren't even after the villages besides LoSS. Of course I know all of this because I was extremely curious and read all of those preview book pages... I dislike my thirst for information sometimes.

If they're raised to be the Protectors then there should already at least be a Protector-in-training that could take their place should they die (or otherwise be taken out of the leadership position by getting captured or mind-controlled or whatever).  Unless they wait for the current Protector to die before starting to train the new one, which would show a remarkable lack of foresight.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

Why does it even matter like OMG A FEMALE BONKLE EEEEEEEE!!!

"Passed down from father to son" not from mother to daughter. All the protectors are male.

Clearly the books say otherwise.
Because I know you read the book already!
I haven't read it, but I've seen the page that identifies Korgot as a female.

And the reason for the excitement is because we've finally gotten a female character that isn't blue.

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr