Most Interesting Bionicle fact

MrSciFiGuy

I want to know what was the most interesting Bionicle fact that really surprised you or you thought was really interesting throughout the story and expanded what you knew.

To me, the best ones are the smallest details. My favorite being the fact that Kanohi design is a formality with more of a practical way to distinguish the masks. Like Norik's Pehkui in the shape of a Kiril. Yes, it was just a set design issue, but then they gave it story explanation, and I just thought that was really cool.

It also means that masks have a general template that each culture of mask makers add to, like the style of Lhikan's Hau.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The fact the story was inspired by a man's brain tumour (no joke), that's some creepypasta stuff right there.

I remember reading about that, it blew my mind that they pretty much had the robot idea from the beginning. For me I would say the Red Star was pretty interesting.

• Upvote 2

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

I'm going to go with the obvious choice and that say that my answer to this is learning that the MU was a giant robot. That really surprised me, especially when I learned that it was planned like that from the beginning. I think that the only thing that was more surprising than this reveal was learning that Teridax had taken it over. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'm pretty sure that it was described in the Adventures series, but that the Kanohi the Toa Mata searched for were brought over by the Toa Metru. Also that the Kanohi Nuva appeared courtesy of Artahka.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I also liked the Red Star reveal. Ever since Gali looked into the star via the scope and saw something living, and now its a pocket-dimension jetpack.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

The fact the story was inspired by a man's brain tumour (no joke), that's some creepypasta stuff right there.

I remember reading about that, it blew my mind that they pretty much had the robot idea from the beginning. For me I would say the Red Star was pretty interesting.

Source?

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

I also liked the Red Star reveal. Ever since Gali looked into the star via the scope and saw something living, and now its a pocket-dimension jetpack.

It's not a jet pack it's a whole other Giant Robot. That's my theory anyway hate me.

Three of the things that surprised me the most from the beginning of Bionicle were the Toa- and Turaga-clashing color schemes of all the McToran except Macku, the fact that the Rahi weren't Makuta's minions but were actually just animals being controlled by infected masks, and the fact that the Toa could use their Turaga's masks. :P

In the MNOLG, it was very interesting that all of the villages besides Po-Koro were built in somewhat extreme, distinct locations that Matoran from other villages probably wouldn't have been able to tolerate (e.g. on floating lily pads, underground, or on a mountain).  The MNOLG was great because it gave us a sense of the importance and the variety of the citizens that the Toa were trying to protect.

I don't think anything can top the origin of the BIONICLE story, an allegory for medical treatment that introduces itself with robotic-looking characters on a primitive island.  Nobody would've called that back in 2001 (well, anyone outside of the story team), and yet so many past plot points make sense when viewed in that context.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

Source?

Brick by Brick, pages 153–154:

"For Faber, the inspiration for this new, illustrated narrative came from his recently diagnosed brain tumor. The tumor was benign but would spread if he didn't take a daily injection of medication. Reflecting on the illness that had fired his imagination, Faber 'had the thought that when I took these injections, I was sending a little group of soldiers into my body, fighting on my behalf to rebuild my system. Then it all just came together.'

"Faber imagined the toy canisters as vials of medicine drifting toward the head of a giant, comatose robot that was infected with a virus. The medicine's active ingredient was an army of nano-size creatures that arrived in pill-shaped capsules, entered the titan's body, and fought to liberate it from the virus."

There's more concept art and info related to this idea on Christian Faber's blog FaberFiles: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

That has to be the most interesting Bionicle fact for me as well. Not only does it explain the "biological" aspect of the "Biological Chronicle", with the Matoran Universe as a giant mechanical analogue for a living body, but it also shows how intensely personal the roots of the Bionicle story were to Christian Faber.

• Upvote 5

I personally find the fact that there are not one but two different unreleased/unfinished BIONICLE games (Legends of Mata Nui and City of Legends).

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg