Tiny Pohatu

Petewa

A tiny Pohatu made out of ccbs to better homage Pohatu mata, and with thirteen points of articulation.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Brex321/Pohatu/image.jpg

EDIT: I posted the topic without the other three pictures *facepalms*

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Brex321/Pohatu/Side/image.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Brex321/Pohatu/Back/image.jpg

Comments, and all that schnazzy stuff appreciated.

Edit: Please link images over 100 kB in BBC!

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 9

Super cute. :3

I thought the original set's legs were skinnier and the feet look kind of massive to me. Maybe using smaller shells on the legs and using bohrok feet would fit the creation better.

• Upvote 2

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

He looks awesome but i need to ask does this tinny pohatu take more inspiration of G1 Mata Pohatu.

Yeah, actually, my aim was to make G1 Pohatu Mata out of CCBS,

Super cute. :3

I thought the original set's legs were skinnier and the feet look kind of massive to me. Maybe using smaller shells on the legs and using bohrok feet would fit the creation better.

Thanks, I'll try that.

First, I've linked the images, due to the following:

"If you put the picture(s) straight in the post, the picture(s) should be in jpg, gif, or png format, no larger than 640x640, and around 100KB in filesize."

But I also wanted to say that it's impressive that you've managed to capture Pohatu Mata's character at such a small scale. For instance, the larger legs and feet work not only in and of themselves but also help to give the shape and impression that Pohatu's inverted torso piece gave in the original set. So, nice work!

• Upvote 2

First, I've linked the images, due to the following:

"If you put the picture(s) straight in the post, the picture(s) should be in jpg, gif, or png format, no larger than 640x640, and around 100KB in filesize."

But I also wanted to say that it's impressive that you've managed to capture Pohatu Mata's character at such a small scale. For instance, the larger legs and feet work not only in and of themselves but also help to give the shape and impression that Pohatu's inverted torso piece gave in the original set. So, nice work!

Sorry about that, but also, thanks.

Heh, look at those feet additions! Neat! That's one of the biggest parts of Pohatu I miss in G2, aside from his kind eyes and gentle personality.

Any plans to do other tiny versions of characters?

Edited by constable-frozen
  • Upvote 1

So cute. He's even got the hunch!

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I notice the skull spider legs on his hands...are those the Nuva climbing claws or his fingers from the 01 form? They could 100% work as either one

They're meant as Mata fingers, (I was trying to recreate his Mata form, was I not?) though I guess they would also work as climbing claws.

I just noticed your clever use of the new armor piece as the toe extensions. Genius!

Why thank you.

• Upvote 1

This reminds me of the chibis that were all the rage in this forum back when I first joined. It's adorable and faithful to the look and feel of not just the G2 incarnation, but of G1 Pohatu as well—the bulky legs really sell it.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg